RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

Ben Ikin had a theory that the reason Seibs took the Broncos offer was because Souths had a clause limiting his payout to 12 months salary and we didn't.

although, that is BS IMO as no coach doubts their abilities, especially not a coach that just won the coach of the year award and finished 1 game from the GF losing to the eventual premiers in a tight contest.

also the figures that Hooper and the rest of the media are talking about are wrong. if seibs were to get paid out his contract in full, it won't be $3.5 million (even if they include the option in the clubs favour, which wouldn't need to be paid out, it still isn't 3.5 million)

3 years x 850k = $2.55 million
4 years x 850 k = $3.4 million (but this includes the option in the clubs favour, which they won't be taking up, so they don't need to pay it out)

Isn’t the option in the coach’s favour as per standard stupidity at the club with player options?

The 76ers just fired their coach... could I get a 2 for 1 in the same day?

So.....why publisice the severance payout? Is it just a total media creation thats not based in the reality of the situation?

I do believe Dazza it is a very deliberate attempt/ploy by the club (i.e. Newscorp honchos) to back Seibold into a corner in some way and have him feel that taking their offer is in his 'best interests'. Even Seibs' crack team of lawyers/Euro Cyber Hounds cannot compete with Murdoch and his resources (i.e. legal team) should Seibs decide to go down a path where he may feel he can get more cash but that may very well be decidedly more messy for him.

Isn’t the option in the coach’s favour as per standard stupidity at the club with player options?
Chris Garry says it is in the clubs favour
Given the mess this is all becoming I wouldn't be surprised if both parties think the option is in their favour which just increases this clusterfuck.

So you're happy to have a white ant like Boyd, the kingmaker, as part of this club? I think this is not delightful but shameful and utterly disgraceful.
It's not whiteanting when the **** is being shunted out the door mate.

I think you will find Seibs is the one leaking too the media. I will be very surprised if this isn't sorted today.

Seibs and Brent Reed are besties and former neighbours on Sydney's Northern beaches so there is a direct line of communication there through daily texts/calls apparently.

Weidler reporting that Kevvie has been in contact with multiple Broncos players, and sounds like it is actually Broncos players that have told Weidler.
No doubt it’s all surrounding origin at the end of the year 🤥

Just saw on the Today show that Seibs rocked up to Red Hill around 7 this morning, stayed for a short time, then took off again. Quick clean out of the desk maybe?

Unread

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Locky24
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.