RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Let’s hire the guy who crushed us in 2015 and ran away from the team 3rd in the running for the wooden spoon this season.....

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Green is an old boy. He played A grade for the Broncs...
He only played 5 games for them at the end of his career. That doesn't even come close to qualifying as an "old boy". If it does then so are Kaine Manihera and Palmer Wapau.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
He only played 5 games for them at the end of his career. That doesn't even come close to qualifying as an "old boy". If it does then so are Kaine Manihera and Palmer Wapau.
Was in the squad for that whole year, actually played A grade and coached with us after he retired, but okay.

I guess there is a certain ‘criteria’ one has to meet to be considered an ‘old boy’ beyond simply playing for the club.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Was in the squad for that whole year, actually played A grade and coached with us after he retired, but okay.

I guess there is a certain ‘criteria’ one has to meet to be considered an ‘old boy’ beyond simply playing for the club.
Probably isn't a certain criteria but when one hears the term "Bronco old boy", Greenie doesn't immediately spring to mind. In fact many of the young fans wouldn't be even aware of him having anything to do with the Broncos at the stage you mentioned. I think of club legends who enjoyed success when the "old boy" term is floated about.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I get that, but he has history with us as a club as both player and coach, that can hardly be denied if a link to ‘old boys’ is actually important. Apparently it wasn’t when Griffin was appointed.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Criteria include, but not limited to, being a dickhead, having an agenda, not having hair ...

Last edited:
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
there is definately something we arent privy to here; the way its being reported now; Siebs has been told he wont survive end of season reveiw, please leave now with this cheque OR be sacked..?

Now, obviously if it was you you would say "ok, seems untenable situation...im rejecting the severance"...and then stand out the front of Red Hill with your wallet open as they back a brinks truck with the remainder of your contract...

So.....why publisice the severance payout? Is it just a total media creation thats not based in the reality of the situation?

Do Broncos actually believe this bloke would literally leave millions on the tbale to avoid having the word "sacked"on his resume..?

Or....is this part of the famed yet never proven "clauses" in his contract....

What am i missing here.....if he is sacked, are there claues that allow the Bronc to forfiet most of the outstanding contract or something...?

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
He actually played for Brisbane as a much younger man too in the early 2000's. Probably one of the more tragically unlucky Broncos careers as he had horrific injury run during his time here. I think he won some club awards during that period too so he wasn't exactly insignificant.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Ben Ikin had a theory that the reason Seibs took the Broncos offer was because Souths had a clause limiting his payout to 12 months salary and we didn't.

although, that is BS IMO as no coach doubts their abilities, especially not a coach that just won the coach of the year award and finished 1 game from the GF losing to the eventual premiers in a tight contest.

also the figures that Hooper and the rest of the media are talking about are wrong. if seibs were to get paid out his contract in full, it won't be $3.5 million (even if they include the option in the clubs favour, which wouldn't need to be paid out, it still isn't 3.5 million)

3 years x 850k = $2.55 million
4 years x 850 k = $3.4 million (but this includes the option in the clubs favour, which they won't be taking up, so they don't need to pay it out)

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
there is definately something we arent privy to here; the way its being reported now; Siebs has been told he wont survive end of season reveiw, please leave now with this cheque OR be sacked..?

Now, obviously if it was you you would say "ok, seems untenable situation...im rejecting the severance"...and then stand out the front of Red Hill with your wallet open as they back a brinks truck with the remainder of your contract...

So.....why publisice the severance payout? Is it just a total media creation thats not based in the reality of the situation?

Do Broncos actually believe this bloke would literally leave millions on the tbale to avoid having the word "sacked"on his resume..?

Or....is this part of the famed yet never proven "clauses" in his contract....

What am i missing here.....if he is sacked, are there claues that allow the Bronc to forfiet most of the outstanding contract or something...?
I think you are trying too hard to see something that is not there. It's a negotiation, Broncs have offered unders leveraged on letting him walk away, not sacked for incompetence, Seibs is posturing to get get more by threatening to turn up to training, business as usual, which cannot be tolerated, simples.

I think you will find Seibs is the one leaking too the media. I will be very surprised if this isn't sorted today.

Last edited:
The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Ben Ikin had a theory that the reason Seibs took the Broncos offer was because Souths had a clause limiting his payout to 12 months salary and we didn't.

although, that is BS IMO as no coach doubts their abilities, especially not a coach that just won the coach of the year award and finished 1 game from the GF losing to the eventual premiers in a tight contest.

also the figures that Hooper and the rest of the media are talking about are wrong. if seibs were to get paid out his contract in full, it won't be $3.5 million (even if they include the option in the clubs favour, which wouldn't need to be paid out, it still isn't 3.5 million)

3 years x 850k = $2.55 million
4 years x 850 k = $3.4 million (but this includes the option in the clubs favour, which they won't be taking up, so they don't need to pay it out)
I agree with the math but don't see why he would possibly accept the 1M or thereabouts supposedly on the table now when he can get 2.55M by digging in.
1.55M is a helluva lot of money to give up just so you can say you resigned (which everyone knows your jumping before being pushed) rather than be officially sacked.
Doesn't make sense unless I am missing something.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Galah
  • Dee
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • upthebroncs
  • The True King
  • BooKhaki
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • Canga
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.