RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Damn this 9am press conference from Seibs tomorrow is gonna be prime time viewing! Wonder if he will let fly or keep it civil???

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'll concede defeat. You are just far too subtle for me
I know you can't see it now but I'm confident that in time you'll realise you are actually being hypocritical. It's like when I call out dumb repeated mistakes in spelling etc, when I get it wrong I have to wear it. You know, like the fat shaming thing. You aren't right this time and you very definitely were being derogatory towards Boyd.

It doesn't matter that his relationship with WB has been described by others as father son like, it has no relevance in your post. It may have been better to simply describe his fondness and admiration for WB as just that. WB was never his defacto father, he was simply...a friend. Their ages should be irrelevant. You of all people should understand.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Damn this 9am press conference from Seibs tomorrow is gonna be prime time viewing! Wonder if he will let fly or keep it civil???
If he wants all of his money and some sort of NRL job in the future he will have to keep a fairly level head.
Wonder if the presser will be live streamed?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I know you can't see it now but I'm confident that in time you'll realise you are actually being hypocritical. It's like when I call out dumb repeated mistakes in spelling etc, when I get it wrong I have to wear it. You know, like the fat shaming thing. You aren't right this time and you very definitely were being derogatory towards Boyd.

It doesn't matter that his relationship with WB has been described by others as father son like, it has no relevance in your post. It may have been better to simply describe his fondness and admiration for WB as just that. WB was never his defacto father, he was simply...a friend. Their ages should be irrelevant. You of all people should understand.

Mate, read my post above in reply to @Kimlo

As for the fat shaming thing as you called, I am absolutely fucking right, and your attempts based so often on personal homilies will do nothing to make me change my mind.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Even myself, but that’s never spoken about. He should have been dropped last year and retired. I just cop it because I don’t enjoy circle jerks shitting on players in every thread and some on here are here for it. I’d rather look at why things happen a bit deeper than just say “It was Boyd’s fault” every few posts.
It was Boyd's fault (mate that was a joke, not serious).

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Nobody was insulting Seibold when they called him fat either. They were just criticising his eating habits and allegiance to food or something, right? You’re full of shit
I have many allegiances to food (of many types).

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Mate, read my post above in reply to @Kimlo

As for the fat shaming thing as you called, I am absolutely fucking right, and your attempts based so often on personal homilies will do nothing to make me change my mind.
Well, that's what makes us different. I take advice, consider the message and give it time before declaring my intractable position.

When lecturing me, rightfully I might add you used personal homilies.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I have many allegiances to food (of many types).
I'm being very restrained with my eating. It's weird when Vegemite on toast, raisin toast and baked beans are all now 'delicacies'. I'm again approaching the 100k barrier, weighing in at 101.9 after a blowout on my last two week break. When the day comes and I'm bantamweight (90kgs) I am going to smash a huge lemon cheesecake and later, a sticky date feast. Ah, food, glorious food.

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
It would be funny if he does a bennett and fronts up tomorrow saying you have all got it wrong 'I'm not going anywhere'

871a5618a4f69b1f9b2e257832e64ee9.jpg

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I'm being very restrained with my eating. It's weird when Vegemite on toast, raisin toast and baked beans are all now 'delicacies'. I'm again approaching the 100k barrier, weighing in at 101.9 after a blowout on my last two week break. When the day comes and I'm bantamweight (90kgs) I am going to smash a huge lemon cheesecake and later, a sticky date feast. Ah, food, glorious food.
I will send you a pm about this in due course, something I have been meaning to do.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Just picking up on an earlier point, about how success has eluded every coach that has followed Bennett, if indeed it is a somewhat poisoned chalice to follow WB for whatever reason then perhaps Seibold was the failure we needed to have......the guy who stands between Bennett and whomever brings success next

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yes, I know exactly what I am doing, and I will continue to do what I do, and, cop any fair criticism as a result.

My point about Boyd is in large part to point to the problems implicit and explicit, in a relationship between player and coach, his boss as you rightly say, that extends way beyond what for mine, is reasonably expected of that relationship. The fact that Boyd didn't have a father has absolutely nothing to do with my criticism of him, or his relationship with Bennett. It's the relationship in question which grounds my arguments, a relationship so deep that it could, and I say it did, blur the boundaries between the personal and the professional.

A relationship, a professional relationship between player and coach where the coach says things like:

Bennett: "But then again what they can't understand and wouldn't understand and never understand is that nothing can break the bond that we have."

"There were some forces at work with him, but he always kept me informed and my challenge was for not to implicate him in what was happening with me and I told him not to worry about me. Just get on and be the captain of the club for the whole of the club."

And further quoting the article I cited above:

The 69-year-old said Boyd approached him in tears, fearing for his NRL career.

"I was in the gym at the time and he walked in and had tears in his eyes," he said.

"I said, 'What's wrong mate?' and he said, 'They don't want me here, they told me that they're not going to re-sign me'.

"I just looked at him and said, 'Well you're with me, wherever I go, I'll take you'."

For mine, that is a very special relationship, effectively one where Bennett behaves as Boyd's de facto father, and one I do not begrudge themt, but one which is fraught with, as I said above, the possibilities that boundaries between the personal and professional are at risk, and with the consequences I believe resulted in Boyd's behaviours here after Bennett was sacked.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wayne-...-sacking/9de0f6f5-03a9-4109-8e1c-6ba56ef670cd

If I am wrong, on the facts as I see them, please criticise my post. I welcome it, for then, I too can learn from any mistakes I make.
You're only using the daddy line because Boyd has no real dad. I think that's low personally, if you disagree and have your reasons for saying it, you do you but you're resorting to "daddy" because the guy couldn't find his real father. I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together and figure out why I've come to the conclusion I have. If you're still not convinced, then we're going to have to agree to disagree because I can't put it any more plainly.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Publicly, not officially. Players could have been told way earlier. We don’t know shit. There was news about Seibold being offered money to leave before this, stories of him definitely being gone at the end of the year. The club could have told the players weeks ago, as they were suspiciously quiet about what was going on. I dare say they were more in the know than they put on.
The players were all on the piss on Saturday afternoon on the deck at the Clive Berghoffer Centre and seemed in ‘quite good spirits’. I suspect that’s when they found out...

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
If he wants all of his money and some sort of NRL job in the future he will have to keep a fairly level head.
Wonder if the presser will be live streamed?
He should definitely go Wolf of Wall Street style.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
You're only using the daddy line because Boyd has no real dad. I think that's low personally, if you disagree and have your reasons for saying it, you do you but you're resorting to "daddy" because the guy couldn't find his real father. I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together and figure out why I've come to the conclusion I have. If you're still not convinced, then we're going to have to agree to disagree because I can't put it any more plainly.

You couldn't be more wrong.

At the time I posted what I did, and until you alerted me to the fact Boyd grew up without a father, I did not know that. And that is the truth. I do not lie, not here, not anywhere, but I do make mistakes, everywhere, but here, I don't think I have, in using the term de facto as I have. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

I did have a father. An abusive, emotionally absent father who nearly ruined my life and that of my mum. By his behaviour, he was in fact, a de facto arsehole.

I used the term "de facto" in its plain English sense. In Latin de facto means according to fact, and this is roughly what it means in English. It’s defined as in reality or fact, but its de facto definition is closer to serving a function or filling a role without being officially assigned to that function or role. For example, a de facto leader of a group is someone who has not been officially designated leader yet functions in that role. De facto is sometimes contrasted with de jure, which means according to law or officially. In the same way that English is de facto the common language of much of the world today.

So, following this logic, in your case, you are not a de facto leader of this Forum, you are de jure a Forum leader, according to the law, the laws of this Forum by which we must abide, and according to which, your role is to enforce those "laws" or rules.

I used the term de facto dad in my post simply to describe the closeness of Boyd's relationship to Bennett. Whether you, or anyone, chooses to interpret that Bennett acted literally as Boyd's de facto father in a family law sense is your choice, but it was not mine.

As for why I used that term, I explained that in my post. It was meant to describe their close relationship, the closeness of which I sought to highlight as explaining my take on why Boyd behaved as he did during and following Bennett's sacking, and the consequences of having a close personal relationship with his coach, his boss, and what I believe to be problematic to a proper professional relationship between player and coach.

I have nothing further to add to this so if you do not accept my reasoning, then we must agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
You couldn't be more wrong.

At the time I posted what I did, and until you alerted me to the fact Boyd grew up without a father, I did not know that. And that is the truth. I do not lie, not here, not anywhere, but I do make mistakes, everywhere, but here, I don't think I have, in using the term de facto as I have. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

I did have a father. An abusive, emotionally absent father who nearly ruined my life and that of my mum. By his behaviour, he was in fact, a de facto arsehole.

I used the term "de facto" in its plain English sense. In Latin de facto means according to fact, and this is roughly what it means in English. It’s defined as in reality or fact, but its de facto definition is closer to serving a function or filling a role without being officially assigned to that function or role. For example, a de facto leader of a group is someone who has not been officially designated leader yet functions in that role. De facto is sometimes contrasted with de jure, which means according to law or officially. In the same way that English is de facto the common language of much of the world today.

So, following this logic, in your case, you are not a de facto leader of this Forum, you are de jure a Forum leader, according to the law, the laws of this Forum by which we must abide, and according to which, your role is to enforce those "laws" or rules.

I used the term de facto dad in my post simply to describe the closeness of Boyd's relationship to Bennett. Whether you, or anyone, chooses to interpret that Bennett acted literally as Boyd's de facto father in a family law sense is your choice, but it was not mine.

As for why I used that term, I explained that in my post. It was meant to describe their close relationship, the closeness of which I sought to highlight as explaining my take on why Boyd behaved as he did during and following Bennett's sacking, and the consequences of having a close personal relationship with his coach, his boss, and what I believe to be problematic to a proper professional relationship between player and coach.

I have nothing further to add to this so if you do not accept my reasoning, then we must agree to disagree.
I'm happy to agree to disagree, you're a good fella so I'm not going to argue you with endlessly about something I really don't have a stake in. You've given your reasons and I believe you that you're not mocking Boyd by saying it, even though I think you're failing to see just how derogatory the term actually is to someone who could never find his real dad.

I'm happy to leave it there, you've given your reasons, as have I. I'd rather celebrate Seibold being given his marching orders because for the first time in a while, I feel positive about the club's future again and I'm excited to see how we play in weeks ahead.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • mystico
  • bb_gun
  • Griffo
  • Thelmus
  • bert_lifts
  • Kev_Guz
  • ell.d33
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • rnabokov
  • Accept
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • Mister Wright
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.