Anthony Watts in assault investigation

The Rock said:
He is 1 step away from Gaol. Surley there's a conviction in there somehwere!

As was pointed out when I was involved with the ADF, a speeding fine where you pay the fine without challenging it is actually a conviction for the purposes of security clearances.

Similar processes/screening apply for visas.

True story.

Coxy said:
The Rock said:
He is 1 step away from Gaol. Surley there's a conviction in there somehwere!

As was pointed out when I was involved with the ADF, a speeding fine where you pay the fine without challenging it is actually a conviction for the purposes of security clearances.

Similar processes/screening apply for visas.

True story.

Depends on the check. Employees do a criminal history check, not a police check. So if that conviction isn't recorded, it won't show up.

Buuuut. I'm sure for a Visa they check everything. Including the blokes dog to see if he's hit him.

john1420 said:
OXY-351 said:
Carney probably shouldn't be drinking at all as it's obvious he can't handle it when he drinks too much, however is it actually stipulated anywhere that he shouldn't be drinking? Because in this case, he doesn't seem to have actually done anything wrong (assuming it's not in his contract or some similar that he shouldn't be drinking).

AFAIK, when he got done for drink driving earlier this year, the NRL demanded he detail how is he going to keep things on the straight and narrow for the future. This was part of the discussion with Gallop to decide what should happen to him.

He admitted to Gallop he has an alcohol problem and promised to stay off the drink. He has broken that promise.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6041140670

Carney joined Alcoholic's Anonymous last month following his arrest for drink-driving and was fined $10,000 by the NRL and told to follow a five-point plan put together by the club.

That included mandatory counselling, career education, a traffic-offenders course and work with alcohol support groups, but it did not stipulate he couldn't drink.

If that is the case, then I don't see what he's actually done wrong. Assuming the reports he was actually drinking are correct, I don't understand how he has acutally acted illegally or bought the game in to disrepute.

Again, I don't think he should be drinking as he's proved in the past that he can't handle it, but if he choses to take the risk and have a drink, then he shouldn't be punished if he has a drink and doesn't actually do anything wrong.

So did Carney actually do anything else besides drink at the wrong time?

draggx said:
So did Carney actually do anything else besides drink at the wrong time?

I have read that he told the club he was going to Goulburn for the weekend to visit his mum, rather than travel to Gosford and watch the team play (which is what injured players are meant to do).

So if he was granted "compassionate leave" and went out on the piss instead...well, that's probably going to upset team management.

Apart from going back on his word he has done nothing illegal, but it shows he's fallen off the wagon and can't sort his shit out

Browny said:
Apart from going back on his word he has done nothing illegal, but it shows he's fallen off the wagon and can't sort his shit out

No, not illegal, but then you don't need to break the law to be stood down by your employer. If I told my boss I was sick and then he found out I'd gone to the coast for the day (well, in this weather he'd say I'm an idiot) but very likely I'd be having my contract torn up.

He had a drink. Which he is not allowed. It was one of his conditions.

He obviously has a bad judgement when it comes to friends. All his friends do stupid shit, this is just another one.

Nashy said:

Not according to the reports it isn't *

* I don't always beleive what the media writes though

Nashy said:

He obviously has a bad judgement when it comes to friends. All his friends do stupid shit, this is just another one.

They're saying abstaining from drinks isn't actually one of the conditions. But if he's attending AA then surely the fact he's gone out on a bender is a bad look.

OXY-351 said:
Nashy said:

Not according to the reports it isn't *

* I don't always beleive what the media writes though

Heard a radio interview yesterday with Noyce where he expressly says no player has any stipulation in their contrat that they can't have a drink. So that's direct from the club CEO.

However like others I think by drinking he is just "tempting fate" and is more likely than not to get himself into some kind of trouble so best he stays off it completely.

I hear John Hopoate has accepted the head coaching position.

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
NEWSFLASH: Anthony Watts to be the face of the proposed 17th NRL Franchise.

Avondale AVOs

Here's the squad they're recruiting so far.

1. Wes Naiqama
3. Greg Inglis
4. Shaun Metcalf
6. Greg Bird
7. Robert Lui
9. Anthony Watts
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Anthony Cherrington
13. Joel Thompson

14. Tevita Latu

The new club is hoping for some wingers and props to get angry with their missus in the coming weeks to fill out their starting line up.

Updated.
Can we include Ryan Tandy? Would fill a prop position seeing as the team desperately needs one.

broncospwn said:
The Rock said:
Coxy said:
NEWSFLASH: Anthony Watts to be the face of the proposed 17th NRL Franchise.

Avondale AVOs

Here's the squad they're recruiting so far.

1. Wes Naiqama
3. Greg Inglis
4. Shaun Metcalf
6. Greg Bird
7. Robert Lui
9. Anthony Watts
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Anthony Cherrington
13. Joel Thompson

14. Tevita Latu

The new club is hoping for some wingers and props to get angry with their missus in the coming weeks to fill out their starting line up.

Updated.
Can we include Ryan Tandy? Would fill a prop position seeing as the team desperately needs one.

You bet you can

What about Anthony Laffranchi.... Surely he deserves a spot on the bench.

Anthony Minicello is breaking the mould. Stop being such a clean gene....although he did text that chick that one time

What about Gas? He'd fire up the team with his hot sauce.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Rambstien
  • lynx000
  • Manofoneway
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Swordfish
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • HVbronco
  • The True King
  • Spooky1013
  • rj9
  • Galah
  • Robboi_321
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.