Any AFL Fans?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CaptainHook, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Allo

Allo NRL Player

Thoughts on Hodge probably joining?

2. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

Hodge would be good for a season of playing and then transitioning into coaching. His leadership, professionalism and experience will really help the young Lions side.

Sproj likes this.
  3. Sproj

Sproj

He hasn't got anything left so it's a gamble BUT I think the idea is right and I'm all for it, he's a legend and our defense needs his experience. He will teach the likes of Andrews and McStay so much, even if he struggles, his professionalism and competitiveness is worth it alone, plus he will join our coaching staff after, very well needed.

What are your thoughts?

4. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    Apparently Schache has done a runner. He lives with a couple of other players - they got home from end of season trip and all his stuff was gone. Moved back home and supposedly has no intention of returning.

5. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Wow.

6. Sproj

Sproj

Really? That's huge if true but he did sign a contract extension so the Lions hold the upper hand. If he leaves, as long as we are compensated, it isn't necessarily a bad thing since Hipwood is better already and we will also pick up Ballanden this draft.

7. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

I've heard those rumours. TBH if it's true the Lions are better off if they trade him now and get the best they can for him. I'm not sure I believe the rumour just yet.

8. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    That's one area (of many) where the AFL beats the NRL - if a player wants to ditch their current club, the club at least gets to hold them ransom for draft picks/equivalent players in return. Unfortunately for lower placed teams like the Lions, it often gets them in an endless cycle of high draft picks with no players to actually show for it.

Sproj and Bucking Beads like this.
  9. Allo

Allo NRL Player

Tbh I haven’t followed much AFL since the golden years. I think the constant Geelong-Hawthorn domination bored me. Was interested to hear yours as it sounds like you’re far more up on it than me.

But I agree with what you’ve said. Regardless of whatever he contributes onfield, what he brings off it and to the squad will be far more valuable long term

Sproj likes this.
  10. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

It’s all very well to hashtag equality etc but, suddenly things aren’t so simple and you have to have equality with an asterisk.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/97f2618483c0a48c40dfa24603053e4e

GKDonkey likes this.
  11. soup

soup

GKDonkey and Sproj like this.
  12. Sproj

Sproj

Anyone following the trade window?

13. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

I'll bite my tongue on this one. It's a sensitive topic (Is it really though). But this is Fallon Fox. She is transgender and legally beats the shit out of women. This isn't the only case where transgender women completely dominate in sport.

14. soup

soup

Yeah, see that ain’t right. There’s obviously a huge advantage to having male physiology when competing against women. There’s so much money at stake in MMA that cashflow rules the decisions.

It seems akin to Usain Bolt strapping on a push-up bra and setting world records that will never be beaten.

15. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup NRL Player

Your so right @soup@soup. It's getting more and more ridiculous.

16. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    They're using her low (within 'female' standards) testosterone levels as the reason she should be allowed. Thing is, she only transitioned 2 years ago and has had a whole lifetime of male hormones to give an advantage. But on the flip side, is it really that much different from a Nikorima playing against an Asofa-Solomona in terms of a size/strength disparity?

The cynic in me thinks it was probably the insurance company's decision, not the AFL's.

17. GKDonkey

GKDonkey NRL Captain

As far as I am concerned that thing is a 190 cm tall and 110kg heavy, how are the women meant to compete against the thing

18. That "thing" is a person.

Porthoz, Dash and soup like this.
  19. Sproj

Sproj

Well at least the Broncos aren't the Lions, they pretty much just undid all the good work over the last two years in ONE single trade DAY.

20. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

last few years? they finished 17th, 17th and 18th lol