Are they referees or are they trainers?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
You can say what you want about Gus Gould, he is a whiny senile bitch 90% of the time, but every now and then he makes a point, usually about officiating that turns out to be pretty salient.

During the Broncos Dragons game the Dragons were struggling to get to their kick on the 5th, and the ref screamed at the Dragqueens players "it's the last!" about 5 or so times before they finally got boot to ball. Gould pointed it out asking why the refs think it is their job to go out of their way to remind the Drags they need to get to the kick.

WHY? Is that Matt Cooper or Mark Gasnier running around out there giving Merge instructions on what is happening in the game?? No, it's Matt f**king Cecchin. And it wasn't just this game either, it's basically every game. How about you shut the f**k up, stop trying to do a job that isn't yours and instead focus on the one job you are responsible for that you happen to suck monkey c**k at doing. You're referees, not f**king assistant coaches.

I don't mind them calling out offside players most of the time, they generally adhere and it keeps the game going, because if every player that was offside gets penalised, the game would go nowhere. I mean you call the blatant ones or those who ignore the call, but aside from calling '5th and last' once, they should not be coaching the players on field. If they feel the need to say something, it probably needs penalising

I don't mind them calling out offside players most of the time, they generally adhere and it keeps the game going, because if every player that was offside gets penalised, the game would go nowhere. I mean you call the blatant ones or those who ignore the call, but aside from calling '5th and last' once, they should not be coaching the players on field. If they feel the need to say something, it probably needs penalising
The problem is that every now and then they decide to penalise the offside players rather than coach them. This always seems to occur are certain points of the game, or in certain situations.

The problem is that every now and then they decide to penalise the offside players rather than coach them. This always seems to occur are certain points of the game, or in certain situations.

This. It's all part of them managing the game so the NRL have more control over the rigging of results. I'm not even going to call it a conspiracy anymore. It's clear as day that the NRL influence results through their refs.

This. It's all part of them managing the game so the NRL have more control over the rigging of results. I'm not even going to call it a conspiracy anymore. It's clear as day that the NRL influence results through their refs.
So, shouldn't the Dragqueens have won last night then ?

So, shouldn't the Dragqueens have won last night then ?

Not what I said? You don't have to force a team to win to influence a result. If you think last night's penalty count was fair and consistent across the game, you were watching with your eyes shut.

The refs did their best.
Indeed they did, which makes our effort in holding off the desperate Dragons even more impressive
Not what I said? You don't have to force a team to win to influence a result. If you think last night's penalty count was fair and consistent across the game, you were watching with your eyes shut.
I never said i thought the penalty count was fair and consistant at all,far from it really.Some of those calls were ridiculous last night.
Cecchin is fast becoming the modern day Harrigan ....

I'm not really comprehending your comment "you don't have to force a team to win to influence a result" though

Indeed they did, which makes our effort in holding off the desperate Dragons even more impressive

I never said i thought the penalty count was fair and consistant at all,far from it really.Some of those calls were ridiculous last night.

I'm not really comprehending your comment "you don't have to force a team to win to influence a result" though

You're jumping on result as if I had said "influence a winning result". Last night, don't pull up those idiotic penalties, we blow the Dragons off the park.

I still can't call it a conspiracy.

.......they aren't intentionally making these mistakes.They're just flat out hopeless.

Archer rarely says a ref makes a mistake... which is why they never improve.

Because how can you improve when your boss keeps telling you you have done the right thing.

Archer rarely says a ref makes a mistake... which is why they never improve.

Because how can you improve when your boss keeps telling you you have done the right thing.

and this is where the NRL needs to step in. They're quick to shut down a punch being thrown, a shoulder charge...a player writing naughty words on his strapping.....

and yet, yawning mistakes from the game's officials virtually go by unchecked, week after week. If the NRL won't, why won't the players association do or say something about the level of refereeing? Players are squealing for for money...because they play the game at the highest standard, shouldn't that be proportional to the level of officiating?

Would it be fair to compare the NRL referee's association to the Catholic Church? A stinking and festering mess, blanketed by secrecy and refuses accountability for its actions.

Cecchin is bad.... but I think Ashley Klein is our worst.. I think Bennett ran over his cat tbh.. and I am not one to blame refs, I think a good team makes the most of the 79 other minutes of the game after a bad decision, but I will not be confident in a game when either of them are refs

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.