Areas That Need Fixing for 2017

Agreed... we should get him back as halfback. :takdir:

giphy.gif

Wait, we're turning on Macca again?

Areas that need fixing? Hmm... Fanbase

Or if not more money, we would be looking at a rookie. Do you think having less experience in the spine is a good idea?

I have to admit to missing a lot of Matt Parcell's games at Manly this year. I'm not sure if the lack of talk about him is down to being at a shit club or being that he's playing shit himself. First full year in NRL grade......seems to have got his defence right. I'm sure he has more to offer in attack then we've seen at Manly.

We should have hung onto him. Old head on young shoulders......IMO.

I have to admit to missing a lot of Matt Parcell's games at Manly this year. I'm not sure if the lack of talk about him is down to being at a shit club or being that he's playing shit himself. First full year in NRL grade......seems to have got his defence right. I'm sure he has more to offer in attack then we've seen at Manly.

We should have hung onto him. Old head on young shoulders......IMO.

I think he was a bit crocked with injury this year, but he definitely looks like he'll be a gun. He provided us with great depth at the end of last season.

Last year we had to let go of 3/4 of a future quality spine. Jayden Nikorima, Ashley Taylor and Matt Parcell. It sucks, but every player who is currently in our team has earned his stripes to get there, even if we have gripes with their abilities.

It's unfortunately that we can't hold onto every player, we can only hope they come home when we need them.

I don't understand what is wrong with Macca. Stagnant for last several years. Great defender. Has a good kick but pulls it out once a game. Puts halves and forwards in handcuffs with slow passes and no threat from dummy half to distract defence. Not convinced mid season slump was primarily about losing Macca. Stupidity to lose best two future hookers in Parcell and Granville. Needs a rocket in offseason to become the whole package in 2017 or time to go shopping. Don't mind if he makes 10 less tackles a game or has a rest. Always go for 60 minutes of greatness than 80 minutes of average from a hooker.

The biggest thing that needs fixing:

Gotta have more cowbell.

The best thing you can say about McCullough is that he's solid. Not particularly great, but solid. He'll never really improve, and will just remain this way for a while until he starts to decline in his late 20s/early 30s.

Isn't he...?

Half the time he looks like he hasn't got a fucken clue who he should be passing to.

mate have you seen us on the last tackle? half the time the ball goes anywhere because the halves haven't a fucking clue in organisation. they just want to jink dummy and run most of the time.

I was very critical on Macca a couple of years ago, I even made a thread on it which got quite a few responses, but right now he isn't the issue. He is solid like Alec said, but that's all you need - you can't have a superstar in every spot. Macca defends well, kicks well, occasionally contributes to the attack and is rarely caught out of position, that's all we need from him.

Last edited:
What needs fixing is we need to have a coaching staff which is capable of generating effective strategies. The lack of Walters really showed this year. It's a bit unfortunate that Wayne's ego didn't permit his return.

Maybe we should have done what both the coaches have done for the grand final for our semis don't reveal our teams to public

I agree that Bennett is past it. He could probably stay at the club and become the next Cyril Connell. Need some fresh and relevant tactics to the modern game.

I don't understand what is wrong with Macca. Stagnant for last several years. Great defender. Has a good kick but pulls it out once a game. Puts halves and forwards in handcuffs with slow passes and no threat from dummy half to distract defence. Not convinced mid season slump was primarily about losing Macca. Stupidity to lose best two future hookers in Parcell and Granville. Needs a rocket in offseason to become the whole package in 2017 or time to go shopping. Don't mind if he makes 10 less tackles a game or has a rest. Always go for 60 minutes of greatness than 80 minutes of average from a hooker.

Agreed. He was awesome in 2015. He was also off-contract. Fancy that. I guess one good year justifies the other 7 or 8 previous ones. I think he's off contract next year so no doubt he'll have a blinder of a year.

Letting Granville go was the worst mistake in the history of the club. He always rips us to shreds and has taken the Cowboys to another level.

I'm sorry, but you're mental if you think Bennett is "past it".

Just last season, and his first season back with the club, he got us to the final.

I agree a few people dissing bennet and don't realise what he has actually done to clubs before he came we were in the shit!.

Just last season, and his first season back with the club, he got us to the final.

Yeah and he also fucked off Hoffman, Kennedy etc. The best thing the club has done is bring back Bennett.

Not convinced it was all his doing. I think Walters was of greater influence than anyone will care to admit...
I actually do think that he is tactically past it, or possibly just doesn't want to keep up with today's cynical game.
For mine, he would serve us better in a higher role than coach, as there is no doubt his charisma is a great attraction to footy players.

Yeah and he also fucked off Hoffman, Kennedy etc. The best thing the club has done is bring back Bennett.
Or Ash Taylor, JNiko, and Parcell whom were also sent packing...

I agree with the need for one or two big boppers. Pengai looked pretty good though. Develop him land give him a go.

ii would also like to see better passing. Especially Milford, needs to work on this pretty basic skill.

Fitness. During the slump our forwards often looked shagged even after only a few minutes.

I agree with the need for one or two big boppers. Pengai looked pretty good though. Develop him land give him a go.

ii would also like to see better passing. Especially Milford, needs to work on this pretty basic skill.

Fitness. During the slump our forwards often looked shagged even after only a few minutes.

I would agree on the fitness because when we versed the cowgirls the other night we came out like we were there to smash 40-0 after 15min we were all buggered and had nothing left in the tank and that occurred all throughout the game basically then which left to gaps in our defence which lead to tries. Well its just something to work on through the off season.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.