ARL bans Israel Folau from Origin III

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
THE Australian Rugby League is set to ban Queensland winger Israel Folau from playing in Origin III because of the free kick it will give the AFL in the battle for western Sydney.

NSW directors on the ARL board are furious at the Queensland Rugby League's capitulation to player power and have vowed to do everything possible to prevent AFL defector Folau playing in Sydney on July 7.

ARL chief executive Geoff Carr said yesterday he was likely to convene an extraordinary meeting of the ARL to consider a rule banning code defectors from representative football, with NSW having the numbers to approve it.

Carr warned the QRL in writing on Monday, Origin eligibility rules could be amended as a result of their decision to pick Folau, who has signed a four-year, $6 million deal to be the face of the Western Sydney AFL franchise.

Yesterday Carr was standing firm and said it was not out of the question new rules could be pushed through before Origin III.

"The AFL would have a field day at our expense if Folau turned up at Origin III," he said. "Queensland would be based at Parramatta and I can just see (Western Sydney AFL coach) Kevin Sheedy turning up for coffee at the Maroons hotel.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5877642081

looks like the NSWRL and ARL will do anything to weaken QLD.

IMO Geoff car is a DISGRACE. he is trying to prevent the QRL from selecting a current eligible player. he wants to change origin rules to suit NSW. he has threatened the QRL about the IC saying "If they think picking the AFL's Sydney ambassador to play on rugby league's biggest stage is a smart move for the future of our game, then they don't deserve to be represented on the commission." said an ARL director who leaked us the email." [ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5877215353 ].

he also say that in Sydney he has only received support for his stance... WTF NEWSFLASH Carr, the game is supposed to be national, it is no longer only played in Sydney and you are supposed to be neutral, not be NSWRL's puppet and do whatever they want you to. [icon_non :roll:

/rant

This is absolutely ridiculous. A joke.

Seriously, WTF? Disgraceful.

I couldn't agree more ning, it says in the article that they have to change the rules to stop QLD from selecting him, but they have done that in the past. they brought in golden point because the 2 series draws that have happen where after QLD had won the series the year before, meaning with the drawn series QLD held on to the shield. I guarantee that if it was NSW that had retained the shield on those occasions, we wouldn't have golden point in origin right now.

the problem for QLD is they have 4 votes, NSW have 4 votes and the ARL CEO (Geoff Carr) gets a vote and Carr has never once gone against what NSW want.

FTR, i was against selecting Folau for the series but that was based on emotion and not logic after we lost him for the Broncos, I have now softened my stance and think it is alright to select him because he has a current contract. but i think QLD should put a media ban on Folau to limit the talk of his AFL move.

Foordy said:
FTR, i was against selecting Folau for the series but that was based on emotion and not logic after we lost him for the Broncos, I have now softened my stance and think it is alright to select him because he has a current contract. but i think QLD should put a media ban on Folau to limit the talk of his AFL move.

+1.

Now I'm even more supportive of Folau's selection if NSW is going to try this bullshit.

If they do it, QRL should select him anyway. I'd love to see the shit storm from that. Are they going to have security guards stop him from entering the playing field.

lol. NSW are a bunch of dirty fucking *****. How anyone can support a state with the clear intentions of trying to win by using the games politics is beyond me.

Rocky, your state's league leaders are a fucking disgrace to the game.

Fozz said:
Now I'm even more supportive of Folau's selection if NSW is going to try this bullshit.

I was against it as well, but if the NSWRL is gonna be all shirty and sooky cause we pick his, he's just become the first man picked in my team - screw them, really, what's next? No players from Qld can be picked in the next Qld origin side? Seriously?

If they're going to directly ban a player's involvement for something that is not against the rules they should be stripped of all power, where the hell do they get off thinking they can decide who is and isn't fit to play the game?

What an unbelievable, NSW-centric pile of horse shit

grrrr

Yet NSW think it is fine and dandy to have Tahu ( who is shit anyway) playing origin. I don't have a problem with Folau not playing in the dead rubber anyway. This also shows how NSW biased the ARL are. Also get your head out of your bunghole Rocky you show day after day how much of a douche bag and all round f wit you are.

The Rock said:
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Are you guys farking stupid or what? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Have you all got a short memory?????

QUEENSLAND THEMSELVES KNOCKED BACK FOLAU! YOUR CAPTAIN WAS AGAINST FOLAU PLAYING! AND NOW YOU'RE WHINGING BECAUSE THE ARL WANT TO SUPPORT QLD'S INITIAL STANCE (BECUASE QLD DONE A VERY CONVENIENT BACKLFIP!)

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

You guys are absolutely unbelievable!!!! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

The point is that is the decision that the QRL should get to make one way or the other - NSWRL has no fucking right to control who we may or may not pick - if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be crying blue murder

No one is saying it wasn't a backflip, but the NSWRL can go to hell, that's one of the joys of life, people can change their mind, where the hell do they get off limiting who we may select?

First I think Folau should always have been available for selection, it was stupid of the QRL to go public.

Second the Rock is 100% right, you shouldn't compromise a principle because of circumstance.

Third, how dumb are NSW ????????? Not only do we have a better side ATM but they keep giving us a reason to be motivated.
A week ago QLD was fighting each other about this issue now we are galvanised on it and the enemy is clear again... those NSW bast@rds telling us what to do.

Bellamy must be spewing, probably his only chance was us turning up a bit complacent

Typical ARL bully tactics .... they'll try anything to bring our superb winning streak to a halt.

It's instances like this that made me glad SuperLeague happened, to stick it to the establishment and let them know they can't always have it their way !!

All this will do now is galvanise the QLD team even more anyway.

Thanks Mr Carr

Nashy said:
You're a wanker Shaun.

Notice his total silence regarding the team NSW have picked for game 2? He has no other avenue to spruik NSW here. So he can only pick on this issue.

Don't hate him. Pity him.
I do.

does this mean now that Jharal Yow Yeh will be playing origin??? omg

pennywisealfie said:
does this mean now that Jharal Yow Yeh will be playing origin??? omg

Game 3 maybe. I would think now Queensland will pick Tuqiri though.

Rock, whether Folau plays or not should be a QLD decision not some NSWRL/ARL bullshit rule. End of story.

Carr is a grade A tool.

I hope the QRL counters this by saying all code defectors should be banned for life from rep games. That'd also rule out Tahu from game 3. Not that he's a wipe of toilet paper compared to Folau, but on principle it would be a victory.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • broncoscope
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.