ARL bans Israel Folau from Origin III

Nashy said:
That would rule out Lote too.

And Mat Rogers. And Mark Gasnier. And Sonny Bill Williams if he should ever come back.

It'd make the ARL think.

Hopefully we can win this game and then not have to worry about game 3 as much. YY will come into his own next year and get a spot on QLD I reckon.

Barry Muir said back in the 60's that NSW are nothing but a bunch of Cochroaches, nothing has changed.

Pack of pricks

if Folau made the decision to go to AFL at the end of the year, or even before the season had started, this would be an absolute non issue and he would of played origin without fuss.

noisetheory said:
if Folau made the decision to go to AFL at the end of the year, or even before the season had started, this would be an absolute non issue and he would of played origin without fuss.

Bingo.

Karmichael Hunt was a conceited, self centred prick...but he was smart. He kept his decision secret until after Origin 3.

Coxy said:
noisetheory said:

Bingo.

Karmichael Hunt was a conceited, self centred prick...but he was smart. He kept his decision secret until after Origin 3.

And now every player will do the same.

Yep.

I wonder if Folau could take legal action against the ban as a restraint of trade? Making it an official policy to ban players who leave the code from playing rep footy could be illegal.

What was the outcome back in 1995 when the Super League players took the ARL to court for excluding them from being eligible for Origin and Test football? Pretty sure the judgment went in favour of Super League players then.

Coxy said:
Yep.

I wonder if Folau could take legal action against the ban as a restraint of trade? Making it an official policy to ban players who leave the code from playing rep footy could be illegal.

What was the outcome back in 1995 when the Super League players took the ARL to court for excluding them from being eligible for Origin and Test football? Pretty sure the judgment went in favour of Super League players then.

Indeed.

I mean if I as an employee said to my employer that I had signed a contract to work somewhere else next year, I don't think my employer can disadvantaged me because of that

OXY-351 said:
Coxy said:
Yep.

Indeed.

I mean if I as an employee said to my employer that I had signed a contract to work somewhere else next year, I don't think my employer can disadvantaged me because of that

Exactly. He COULD terminate your contract immediately on the grounds that by promoting the rival you are doing damage to the company. But Carr isn't saying that, he's more than happy for Folau to continue playing for the Broncos.

Though I wonder how he'd feel if the Broncos won the premiership and Folau scored the match winning try by leaping high above the pack, taking a "speccie" and putting it down on the line (a la his 2008 try). The GWS team would run that footage in their marketing campaigns.

How is that any different to doing it in Origin?

I'm certain there'd be potential for Folau's team to seek an injunction against the ruling, which would either mean postponing Origin 3 until the matter was dealt with in court, or force the ARL to let him play pending that decision.

"I'm happy to debate the issue with them if the meeting is called," McDonald said.

"There's an ARL board meeting next week."

Queensland have four of the 10 members on the ARL board, with McDonald among them.

"This is not about winning or losing or for one person, it's about what's best for the game of rugby league."

The ARL board would need more than a 6-4 vote to change it's rules and prevent Folau from playing in the third Origin game.

"Six to four is not a convincing margin but if it were a unanimous decision, then it should happen," said McDonald.

"If there needs to be a constitutional change, the vote would need to be 75 per cent in favour of changing the rules.

"As far as we [Queensland] are concerned the player is eligible to play rugby league for the 2010 season.

"If he signs on after the season to go somewhere else, he'd still be playing."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5877855310

looks like the rules won't be changed because there needs to be 75% vote in favour of changing the rules and NSW only have 60%, meaning that 2 of the 4 QLD directors would have to vote in favour of the ban. and i don't see that happening

The ARL should take an injuction out against Syndey nightlife. It's the real thing that is dragging fans away from our game

OXY-351 said:
The ARL should take an injuction out against Syndey nightlife. It's the real thing that is dragging fans away from our game

LAWLZ!

Carr said:
"He'll probably buy tickets for his AFL friends and take them to the game to show off the talent they're getting next year."

So why's he upset? At least that means Sheedy is buying tickets to the game, unlike the rest of NSW who just wait for the 2 for 1 offer when the NSWRL gets desperate to make sure they don't look like a joke with a half empty stadium!

Coxy said:
Carr said:
"He'll probably buy tickets for his AFL friends and take them to the game to show off the talent they're getting next year."

So why's he upset? At least that means Sheedy is buying tickets to the game, unlike the rest of NSW who just wait for the 2 for 1 offer when the NSWRL gets desperate to make sure they don't look like a joke with a half empty stadium!

Yeah everyone goes on about all the publicity AFL's going to receive but on flip side, I'm sure there'd be some AFL fans out there who would tune in to Origin to check out the chap who's going to be the highest paid player in their code.

I just think its funny that qld can chuck an afl player in their team and still beat nsw. i guess thats how bad nsw are going.

noisetheory said:
I just think its funny that qld can chuck an afl player in their team and still beat nsw. i guess thats how bad nsw are going.

Right now Izzy is a Rugby League player not an AFL player.

draggx said:
noisetheory said:

Right now Izzy is a Rugby League player not an AFL player.

True...but noisetheory's post was still [icon_lol1. icon_thumbs_u

yeah, just havin a laugh mate, and that'll be the fun i poke at nsw friends when we beat them in game two [icon_drun

Active Now

• dasherhalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • teampjta
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • Bronco bob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • Redux
  • Kev_Guz
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • Dazza 92
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.