ARL bans Israel Folau from Origin III

Carr doesn't seem to follow the AFL so I will say no.

We definitely need two levels of top grade league. First level has Melbourne,Adelaide,Perth,Brisbane,Sydney,in short all the capital cities represented. In the top tier Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Bronco, Nth Qld, Titans, St George, Western Sydney, Sydney Central , Sydney. A rationalisation of Sydneys teams is required.

Second tier...those teams left out in Sydney, probably Cronulla, west Tigers,Souths,Canterbury,Canberra,Brisbane Metro, Manly etc to make a total of ten teams in the second tier. ( new teams selected from a mix of players and clubs )

There are many styles worldwide of upper and lower level playoffs and finals. Should'nt be overly difficult to work out something that would be reasonably fair and hold enough interest for the viewing public.

Both tiers televised.

A true national body for administration, not a continuation of the NSW centric cabal.

On top of the wage paid by the clubs, individual monies paid to players on the number of first grade games played per year. These monies to come from the national body. TV rights will be massive, no problem with funding.

I heard on the radio today that Gallop wants to change the rule now too.

I like the idea, Huge...but the problems of finding sufficient sponsorship and players for the second tier teams is the issue.

Coxy said:
I like the idea, Huge...but the problems of finding sufficient sponsorship and players for the second tier teams is the issue.
Sponsors may become a problem, although the TV rights would probably go a long way covering those funds, and with the amount of players in the current Qld and NSW cups, I can't imagine that being a problem either.

I also like the idea, but there will be massive opposition from the involved Sydney teams to be relegated to a 2nd tier.

audragon said:
Coxy said:
Sponsors may become a problem, although the TV rights would probably go a long way covering those funds, and with the amount of players in the current Qld and NSW cups, I can't imagine that being a problem either.

I also like the idea, but there will be massive opposition from the involved Sydney teams to be relegated to a 2nd tier.

The problem will be any team relegated to second tier will lose their big name players to a top tier team. Who really wants to play in the bottom tier?

Coxy said:
audragon said:
Coxy said:

The problem will be any team relegated to second tier will lose their big name players to a top tier team. Who really wants to play in the bottom tier?
Oh yeah, of course.
On the other hand, dividing the stars of our game between 10 clubs only, will make for fantastic games!

As long as the second tier is televised there would be no problem with getting players as illustrated by the big numbers in the state comps of the powerhouse states, Qld and Nsw. I'd of thought that the chance to be on television would guarantee support for the second tier. If Sydney clubs were viable then they could play in a second tier without losing their identity. If unable to financially support that then the option to field a merged and strong team in the first tier beckons.

Players in the higher tier will be retained as a higher salary cap would be in place for that division. Possible scenario would have 2 networks with Rugby League rights with the second network providing coverage on Sat afternoon (3.30 pm ?) Perhaps as a reward for good performance in the second tier the network could offer a 7.30 pm slot on Sat night or 2.30 pm Sunday afternoon.

Million possibilities in an ideal world but most on here agree with a reduction in Sydney teams and the re-introduction of a Perth based team although I'd like to see a team in Adelaide as well.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Organix
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.