ARL bans Israel Folau from Origin III

Flutterby said:
audragon said:
Not sure if it belongs here, but anyway...
The first cracks are starting to show!
Note the blog comments! [icon_lol1.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/karmichael-hunt-i-have-doubts/story-fn53khop-1225878930676

And also...
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/k...nt-rugby-get-fit/story-e6frf9if-1225879216539
This is the stuff fumble ball would like to keep out of the news!

Love the poll at the side:

Who do you think will make the better AFL player?

Hunt

Falou

They missed the third option - "neither, they will both be crap"

I would love to see them both go Awesome only to say "Nah this is boring I'm going back to League"

Clearly Rocky embodies the essence of irrationality in a human. The QRL did not backflip, as far as I'm aware they had not made any decision regarding Folau. One member made emotional statements that were clearly unsupported by his fellow members. After contemplation and reflection and with due consideration for the players, Queensland at large and Folaus' fair treatment they reached a thoughtful decision. No backflip there.

Carrs anger should be directed elsewhere (his barber and grooming for two places) . He openly encourages discrimination against a player simply because he's retiring at the end of the year. What Folau chooses to do is his business alone. Carr is openly promoting AFL, the very thing he claims he's trying to avoid. If he'd said nothing and the commentators stopped asking stupid questions then it'd die pretty quickly.

What we need is people in the media to STOP prefacing every single comment about Folau with shit like the following...; AFL defector Folau, AFL bound Israel Folau, AFL signing Israel Folau,AFLs new six million dollar man Israel Folau

Get some brains people in the game of league. If you care, don't answer questions about AFL, just sit there whenever the words are uttered AFL,AFL will not be spoken of because we don't care. Forget what Folaus future holds, it's not guaranteed you know. Remember the saying, carpe diem, the second part of which is largely unknown but goes like this ..quam minimum credula postero....or put little faith in the future. Forget where iZZys going, concentrate on smashing Rockys masturbation inspiration.

Well said Huge.

Fact is, what the media reported was Ross Livermore's opinion and those of other directors that they felt Folau shouldn't be picked. No decision had been made.

The decision wasn't made until Monday. So if only one decision was made, how can it be a backflip?

I'm so utterly tired of hearing Folaus name and AFL in the same sentence. It's not league players or coaches or admin saying it all the time either

Good post Huge. 100% agreed with you

Me too, I will not +1, but once again I think you nailed it.

Gallop wants Folau out of Origin
http://www.nrl.com/NewsViews/LatestNews ... fault.aspx
NRL chief executive David Gallop wants the Australian Rugby League to implement a policy barring imminent defectors from playing representative football.

Queensland star Israel Folau was controversially selected for Origin II despite announcing he had signed a multi-million dollar deal commencing next season with the AFL's new Greater Western Sydney franchise.

The 21-year-old prodigy played a significant role in Queensland's series-clinching Origin win last week, bagging two tries as NSW were relegated to five straight series losses.

Gallop joined the NSW Rugby League in arguing defectors should be stripped of their right to play in their showpiece series.

"When a player jumps code midway through the season there needs to be a clear policy that will effect your representative football for that season," Gallop told AAP on Thursday.

"I'd support the ARL bringing that in.

"I've indicated I support the stance NSW are trying to take on the issue.

I have an idea Gallop!!! Don't let some of our best young talent leave the game!! Man the Fark up take some responsibility and fix the game..

Kick out some Sydney clubs!! Raise the Salary cap, Expand into WA. Another team in QLD. Bring in the Central Coast bears.

I think AFL have milked all the publicity they possibly can out of this, and by Gallop still talking about it, he's only giving them (the AFL) more.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not even an issue, Folau should be picked.

Bucking Beads said:
Kick out some Sydney clubs!! Raise the Salary cap, Expand into WA. Another team in QLD. Bring in the Central Coast bears.

Everyone keeps saying kick Sydney clubs out, bring in a WA team. Honestly, that is not going to stop the AFL from poaching our players.

I swear the way people carry on about Perth, we should be setting up 6 teams there!!!!

Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:

Everyone keeps saying kick Sydney clubs out, bring in a WA team. Honestly, that is not going to stop the AFL from poaching our players.

I swear the way people carry on about Perth, we should be setting up 6 teams there!!!!

We will get more for the TV deal if we are established in more states.. NSW and QLD is not enough IMO. Still Gallop is a toss for coming out now and saying he doesn't want Folau to play the last Origin. WHere was he when Folau actually signed, I didn't hear him have anythin to say.

Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2m9961zo]Kick out some Sydney clubs!! Raise the Salary cap, Expand into WA. Another team in QLD. Bring in the Central Coast bears.

We will get more for the TV deal if we are established in more states.. NSW and QLD is not enough IMO. Still Gallop is a toss for coming out now and saying he doesn't want Folau to play the last Origin. WHere was he when Folau actually signed, I didn't hear him have anythin to say.[/quote:2m9961zo]
I've just finished watching some old Western Reds games, and the Perth folk seem to have loved it.. this... should be our next port of call.

Agreed. NRL need to get into Perth. They are aports crazy.

I don't give a **** about the other sports over there, they will lap it up. Pretty sure they just want to feel like part of the world.

Stupid WA.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • broncotville
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lurker
  • Spoon
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.