3. Handscomb
4. Maxwell (selectors golden child)
5. Bancroft
6. Silk
7. Lynn
8. Head

Am I forgetting someone?

We also don't want a Boycott tying up an end

That's just ridiculous, you bat to conditions. If your team needs you to bat for 13 hours and score 200 to save a game and you do it then you've done your job. He put on 324 with Klinger. WA needed a draw to make the final and he got them that.

That's exactly what most of the current Test players can't do; we need a draw- let's get all out for 180 but do it really quickly and with aggression.

Youngest WA player to ever score a 200 and most runs in your second year since Martyn in 91/92. Also add his batting let other players score mountain of runs because he was prepared to do his job and take the shine of the ball for his middle order. North, Voges and Klinger had huge years.

Youngest WA player to ever score a 200 and most runs in your second year since Martyn in 91/92. Also add his batting let other players score mountain of runs because he was prepared to do his job and take the shine of the ball for his middle order. North, Voges and Klinger had huge years.

Your last sentence is what speaks volumes for his case.

Haven't many of these guys now being suggested had a go and been dropped?

I don't follow state cricket closely, so I don't know if Khawaja, Burns, etc have improved since their Test debuts.

Please Explain??

It is where he bats for Queensland, it's where he has got his best results and where he is best suited. I don't think him opening all summer and then slotting into 6 will see his best results.

I think it's more important to get a guy like Burns into the team first and foremost....let him bat down the order for a bit until he finds his feet, then move him up the order down the rrack.
Smith started down the order and din't get his chance at 3 until fairly recently.

Proud of the openers ATM. Considering the last two tests, put into bat by Cook. I haven't been able to watch but they're digging in . This is progress, hopefully we can expose the crack in a dubious England side.

11882271_10153545446524313_1697807338864032097_o.jpg

Smug English bastards!
Just kidding, that's good of them, although I sure wouldn't want that coming out to bat in a series that's already gone.

Like socnorb said, very proud of the top order after that. That's the single best day of batting in the whole series IIRC.
A couple of weeks too late, but hopefully we can go on and get back to 3-2 down.

Knew I should have stayed up to watch that final session. S I D D L E !!!!!!!!!!

So happy that sids picked up some wickets.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
  • Lurker
  • Jazza
  • Big Del
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Fitzy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.