RUMOUR Ashley Taylor to Manly in 2016

Hunt and Milford have the 6 and 7 locked down for the next 5-8 years. One or both of them will lock down an Origin jersey in that period.

Milford will never play fullback for the Broncos, especially while Bennett is the coach, and even more especially while Boyd is at the Broncos.

His only pathway to first grade would seem through the bench utility back up hooker role. Kodi Nikorima has that locked down for now.

Whether Kodi shows enough promise in that role to be given a first dibs on the Origin period fill in role this year or over the next few years is yet to be seen.

I've seen more from Jayden Nikorima to suggest he would fulfill the bench utility role playing 15 minutes out of hooker better than Kodi or Ashely Taylor.

On the other hand Ashley seems more like a classic halfback, but we've got that covered and he'll have limited first grade opportunites to show his wares in that regard.

Either way, I don't think we can keep the Nikorima brothers and Ashley Taylor and I think from a "plug and play" perspective for the bench utility role, Jayden and Kodi are a better option.
Until Hunt and Milford show they can close out and control matches on a regular basis I will not consider them 5-8 year propositions as playmakers with us

Of course the move can benefit us.

We can use his loss to bolster areas where we need to recruit....

If Manly want him for next year (when he is contracted to us) they can send us (for example) Brenton Lawrence (he's an origin standard prop in my view).

I always laugh when I see this stuff - 'we lost a young prospect, we'll take your starting prop thanks'

Player for player trades rarely happen, and certainly not someone with zero NRL experience for an established first grader. Reality is we'd lose him and promote another kid to fill the top 25

Last edited:
Of course the move can benefit us.

We can use his loss to bolster areas where we need to recruit....

If Manly want him for next year (when he is contracted to us) they can send us (for example) Brenton Lawrence (he's an origin standard prop in my view).

Losing him would hurt us, not benefit us.

wingers are a dime a dozen ... but a young talented half is worth its weight in gold

wingers are a dime a dozen

Is that why we haven't had a good one since Yow Yeh retired? The only person who's done reasonable on the wing for us in the last few years has been Hoffman, who didn't wanna be there.

Is that why we haven't had a good one since Yow Yeh retired? The only person who's done reasonable on the wing for us in the last few years has been Hoffman, who didn't wanna be there.

I can't answer that, because every other club seems to churn out quality winger after quality winger ... but us

regardless there is no position that is harder to develop than a quality half. and that is what we have in this kid

Let's wait for Taylor to throw a few balls in anger in the Q Cup before we start to lose our minds.

Seriously ? We lose him, we lose him. It does not matter as we will just get the next one and his timing may be better. He's probably playing for us and might be around 13/14 now . There's a kid out there thinking he'd like to play 6 or 7 for the Broncos and he might be ready when we need him. No matter, control the things you can, forget the future, it will take care of itself. Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero. Seize the day, put little faith in the future...

IMO if he leaves, he will be the player that comes back to bite us and we will regret losing the most of any player we have let leave

Not necessarily directed at you but how many players has this been said about and how often does it actually eventuate?

Taylor is under contract for another year and they will know before then whether he is worth keeping

Pretty sure I'm still locked in Porthoz's "treasure chest". But I managed to get a signal on my phone and have been powering it via potatoes.
Damn, I should've known that not even you could possibly eat that many chips.

Seriously ? We lose him, we lose him. It does not matter as we will just get the next one and his timing may be better. He's probably playing for us and might be around 13/14 now . There's a kid out there thinking he'd like to play 6 or 7 for the Broncos and he might be ready when we need him. No matter, control the things you can, forget the future, it will take care of itself. Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero. Seize the day, put little faith in the future...

There was a huge gap between Alfie and Hunt.

Granted, there were some Taylor like talents in there along the way (Seymour & Barnes) so Taylor isn't a sure fire hit, but good young halves seem to find us very sparingly. I dare say Lockyer and Hunt are the only two good ones we've had this side of 2000. Which is why a lot of people are upset at the prospect of losing Taylor.

Seymour was more about himself than the team coming through. One of the best I saw coming through for us was Paul Isles, could be absolutely brilliant. Could not handle the city went back to CQ and I think he may have died of illness in his mid twenties. Reminded me a lot of Cliff Lyons.
Isles was the 90s

Last edited:
Yeah, but with them it meant more because they actually had a spot available for them.

This kid doesn't, and it's pointless him hanging around as a backup for Hunt and Milford.

I'm happy to let him go but not to fucking Manly. That is a club on the slide HARD

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lozza
  • Pablo
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • The Don
  • Skyblues87
  • Alec
  • TonyTheJugoslav
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.