OFFICIAL Ashley Taylor to Titans

Should Ash Taylor Be Promoted ASAP

• He's A Dud, Stupid Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Should Ashley Taylor Be Promoted

He's signed until 2016 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just for you, I'll explain it slowly...

Once we have Milford and Boyd established in their respective positions (this means Milford at five-eight and Boyd at fullback), there will be no place for Taylor. This is why I think it is now or never, regardless of Ashley's contract lenght.

To those who believe there is no rush, any of you actually believe Wayne will move Boyd out of fullback to accommodate Milford, after adapting him to 5/8 and having a combination formed with Ben Hunt?
If not, how else do you see Taylor getting a run?

To those who believe there is no rush, any of you actually believe Wayne will move Boyd out of fullback to accommodate Milford, after adapting him to 5/8 and having a combination formed with Ben Hunt?
Sure why not? He pushed Hunt out of fullback, and Berrigan into hooker. It's not like he's never moved players before.

Now or never is rubbish IMO. He's signed till next year, he's only 20. There's a lot that can happen between now and then.

Last edited:

I don't want to bring this back up but I struggle with some of the opinions here.

Boyd hasn't played a single game for us yet and people want him shifted to the wing to make way for an unproven half. Milford has a great highlight reel from last year but for those who actually watched him play, he wasn't a great deal different to now. You can already see that by the end of this season his highlight reel will be similar. His 4 tries so far would look amazing without context.

If Inglis and Slater got abducted by aliens today Boyd would walk into the Aus and QLD full back position. Milford would be lucky to get a bench spot (even if his selection was only based on last years form). Discussion is the whole point of a forum but I doubt most of you are more informed than Wayne Bennet, and the rep selectors so I don't see why you need to keep death riding Boyd at fb.

Even if our halves get injured I think the safe money would be on Niko filling in before AT. We're on top of the ladder people, relax and enjoy it.

You're right, Darius does deserve an opportunity to prove himself and I believe a spine combination of Boyd/Milford/Hunt/McCullough could earn us premiership #7 but there's also a chance that a Milford/Hunt/Taylor/McCullough may offer a better chance IF Taylor keeps improving.

That's why I don't think he should be thrown in right away. He still needs to do more to disrupt this plan and it has to be something extremely special to force Wayne's hand.

Sure why not? He pushed Hunt out of fullback, and Berrigan into hooker. It's not like he's never moved players before.

Now or never is rubbish IMO. He's signed till next year, he's only 20. There's a lot that can happen between now and then.
I don't believe it, but I genuinely hope you're right.

Just for you, I'll explain it slowly...

Once we have Milford and Boyd established in their respective positions (this means Milford at five-eight and Boyd at fullback), there will be no place for Taylor. This is why I think it is now or never, regardless of Ashley's contract lenght.

He's 20 years old with no ISC or NRL experience, we'll re-sign him early next season on ~250k a season for another couple of years, that's exactly what happened with Hunt, he had to bide his time in NYC and on the bench for multiple years before he got a consistent spot in first grade, he showed us faith, now he's being rewarded for it, if Ashley is loyal, he will be rewarded at some point.

i don't see the rush, he'll still be here in a few years time.

I don't see the problem

1. Milford
2. Boyd (moving to center when Hodges retire/is injured)
6. Hunt
7. Taylor

thats no problem, and a stronger side than what we have now IMHO. It is also a spine that could dominate for the next 5-10 and rival Manlys spine of Stewart, Foran, DCE.

not going to happen, and i dread that we will lose Taylor and have him come back to haunt us.

Boyd is a quality player, but for our needs should either be on the wing or at center. will never happen though

Yeah that's what I mean, the problem is it's unlikely to happen. I agree that we should at least consider that lineup, but unfortunately I doubt it'll happen.

He's 20 years old with no ISC or NRL experience, we'll re-sign him early next season on ~250k a season for another couple of years, that's exactly what happened with Hunt, he had to bide his time in NYC and on the bench for multiple years before he got a consistent spot in first grade, he showed us faith, now he's being rewarded for it, if Ashley is loyal, he will be rewarded at some point.

i don't see the rush, he'll still be here in a few years time.
Ben Hunt just turned 25, Milford is 20... where do you see Taylor fit in?

Ben Hunt just turned 25, Milford is 20... where do you see Taylor fit in?

Milford to switch to Fullback in the 2018 season, at which point his ball playing game should be very good for a fullback, Boyd will be on a retirement contract, whether it's on the wing for us or at fullback for someone else is up for debate.

1. Milford (23)
6. Taylor (23)
7. Hunt (28)
9. J.Nikorima (21)

:-)

Milford to switch to Fullback in the 2018 season, at which point his ball playing game should be very good for a fullback, Boyd will be on a retirement contract, whether it's on the wing for us or at fullback for someone else is up for debate.

1. Milford (23)
6. Taylor (23)
7. Hunt (28)
9. J.Nikorima (21)

I've been critical of McCullough in the past, but he's honestly one of the inform 9's in the game at the moment, and improving with every game. He's easily second in line for a QLD spot if Smith is injured; Friend, Seg (injured), and Peats (is he a QLDer?) have done absolutely nothing this season to stake a claim over Andrew.

1. Milford (23)
6. Taylor (23)
7. Hunt (28)
9. J.Nikorima (21)

Haha, that's quite optimistic, and like I said to Spwn, if you're right, I will be stoked!

I honestly don't see Jayden being a hooker, ever.
I wish he would, but I can't see Taylor being kept out of FG until 2018.

Having said that, looking at our U20's, we really have a luxury problem when you look at Taylor, Nikorima and now Byrnes is coming up in leaps and bounds as well.

At least it bodes really well for Qld's future.

1. Milford (23)
6. Taylor (23)
7. Hunt (28)
9. J.Nikorima (21)

so you think Bennett will have retired by then ... because thats the only way that Boyd gets moved ... whether you want to believe it or not

None of those players were named Darius Boyd.

besides how many times have we seen it recently in the NRL ... contracts aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Taylor will get a good offer, gain a release from the final year of his contract. and come back to haunt us

None of those players were named Darius Boyd.

besides how many times have we seen it recently in the NRL ... contracts aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Taylor will get a good offer, gain a release from the final year of his contract. and come back to haunt us
That's your opinion of course, if there's a strong reason to move Boyd, he'll be moved. I believe that as strongly as you believe Boyd at fullback is untouchable.

Nope.

Haven't seen much of him, but from ask reports he's a quality player and in a rich vein of form. However, he's young, small, and supposedly weak defensively.

His time will come, hopefully with us but perhaps not. Either way, our halves combo/spine appears to be set and he still needs some time to hone his game in ISC before we can consider giving him a run in the big leagues.

so you think Bennett will have retired by then ... because thats the only way that Boyd gets moved ... whether you want to believe it or not

He's said this will be his last coaching stint hasn't he?..

That's your opinion of course, if there's a strong reason to move Boyd, he'll be moved. I believe that as strongly as you believe Boyd at fullback is untouchable.
If Boyd isn't going really bad, there will be no reason strong enough. Besides, it's not only moving Boyd from fullback... it's moving Milford from 5/8 as well.

Let's also not forget we have Kahu, Jayden Nikorima, and even Byrnes who is now making great strides for the fullback position.

Taylor aside, I think it's interesting that we're top of the ladder without Boyd having even played for us.

If Boyd isn't going really bad, there will be no reason strong enough. Besides, it's not only moving Boyd from fullback... it's moving Milford from 5/8 as well.

Let's also not forget we have Kahu, Jayden Nikorima, and even Byrnes who is now making great strides for the fullback position.

Well the Storm must've had the same problem for 10 years now, because no halfback, hooker or fullback is ever going to make first grade down there.

This is a good position to be in, not a bad one.

If they want to leave for the first NRL opportunity so be it.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.