Association Football 2014/15 Thread

No worries mate, appreciate the effort!

Oh shit, now I sound like Griffin...

Looks like Barca's ban from transfers for the next 2 windows has been upheld. Could give Real a bit of an advantage? Makes Suarez even more of a gamble for them now I would think.
[MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION] hearing that Falcao is very close to coming. If he does I may go back on my word about not betting on our players to top score!

@ningnangnong hearing that Falcao is very close to coming. If he does I may go back on my word about not betting on our players to top score!

Where'd you hear that then, guv?

I know we've been linked to him for about a week now, but last I heard he's holding out for Real Madrid... but they won't make a move unless they can shift Di Maria.

Reports from France say Monaco have accepted a 45m bid from us. Not speaking French, can't confirm it myself!

Not sure if I'm a fan. Has lots of talent but he's also extremely lazy. Would have much preferred Falcao.

Still, there's not a lot of talent behind Sturridge up front so not too bad I suppose. Will be interesting if we loan Falcao too though - Sturridge, Falcao, Balo, Lambert, Sterling, Coutinho can probably only fit into what, 3 spots? That's some fantastic depth, and no, I'm not forgetting Borini!

Not a great result but Markovic has looked very promising IMO.

Not a great result but Markovic has looked very promising IMO.

Yep, I missed the last 10 minutes as I had to leave for work, but in the brief time I saw of him on the pitch he looked the goods alright.

Keen to see more!

Definitely our best player on the pitch in terms of creating chances. Would be keen to see what he and Sterling could offer either side of Sturridge.

If you missed the last 10 mins then you probably missed most of Ricky Lambert's debut. He had a couple of excellent chances and scored neither (one was the somewhat lucky event of Pablo's own goal, but Lambert absolutely should have scored the header before it.)

I still don't know what I think of Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen. Though frankly, the only thing I really ever think about Allen is how he missed that open goal against Everton last season.

You don't know what you think about Hendo?!!!

He is vital to our style of play - I thought all LFC supporters shared that opinion!

I'm still not sold on him. Tend to think if he were South American or Continental European we wouldn't have bought him.

So just woke up and not sure what's more surprising. That MK Dons are beating Man Utd or that Man Utd just bought Angel Di Maria... for 59.7 million pounds!!!

Have to say that David Villa has been immensely enjoyable to watch in the A-League. I know we've had Fowler, Yorke, Del Pierro here before, but they were all well past their prime by the time they arrived. Villa's only just reached that stage, having been to the last World Cup and winning La Liga last year. If we can get more like him over at his age the A-league will grow a lot.

Staying up tonight [MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION] I'm kinda interested to see how Brad Jones goes.

Staying up tonight @ningnangnong I'm kinda interested to see how Brad Jones goes.

Didn't stay up.

Haven't caught many games live this season due to a combination of factors - mainly because I don't have the time.

Not surprised at the result. Watched the highlights, don't think Jones could've done much for the goals, except for the first one perhaps, where he just took a wild guess.

Of course the Mancs got an offside goal. Typical.

We're in free fall at the moment. Depressing.

It's depressing knowing we spent money on Balotelli and Markovic when we were originally slated to sign Alexis Sanchez. He's single handedly been better than all our signings combined. I think he has like twice as many goals as our signings combined too. Sadly that's not exaggerating.

Alexis is class. Even though I love Balotelli, he is overrated.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dazza 92
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.