Auckland 9s 2017

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
The 9s finals format is the opposite to what you'd expect ie. teams don't swap sides of the draw. In year 1, the Cowboys and Warriors were in the same group but played each other in the semis.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yeah that originally threw me a little as well @Dash, but I remembered the exact match and saw it confirmed clear as day on the graph.

It's another amateur mistake from the NRL...but whatever it's the Auckland 9s. You'd have to be petty to hold the gaff against them.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
So does anyone expect the broncos to win?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Anything is possible and the Broncos have as good a shot as any.

I just hope they put in a good showing. Outside of 2014 (where they were embarrassed by Freddy...), there hasn't been a lot to crow about.

2015 - The Roosters stole the opening game before Brisbane completely lost the plot and produced their worst ever 9s effort against Cronulla. They redeemed themselves the next day against Canterbury but that was a real kick in the teeth and the moment I realised the 9s weren't worth the hype.

2016 - Brisbane were in every single game and would lose it in the last minute. It felt like a sign of things to come and absolutely stank even though it was mostly a second string side. The boys were the better team against Manly and should have won it, only for Parcell to steal the match late. Brisbane fought back bravely against Canterbury but just gave themselves too much work. While against the Warriors it seemed like they'd create the boil-over only for Johnson to explode which wasn't fun, especially after Vossy's vinegar strokes.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If anyone is looking to watch the 9's but don't have Foxtel, but have a Smart TV. You can sign up to a 2 week free trial on Foxtel Play.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'm really looking forward to the nines, like can't wait.

I'm stoked that we have actually sent a good side for once. I used to be against it for worrying of injury, but there is just as much chance of that injury happening at training and is that somehow better?

Bring it on!!!

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Calling it now, Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck to announce himself properly this tournament.

He's more than just RTS lil bro

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
When you're in the presence of his biggest fan, it's difficult to forget.

JTS has proven himself a decent finisher, not sure what the future holds but if he's bound to have a big moment, this will most likely be it.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Tyrone Roberts > Ben Hunt

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Lads if you're overseas you can stream the match on Livestream.com/nrl

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Dogs just blew an easy try there, should've passed to the unmarked winger.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Canterbury wearing their special vaseline based jersey

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.