Auckland 9s Broncos v Roosters

Re: Aucklund 9s Broncos v Roosters

I'm still excited for Barba. He looks a little slower than usual, but hopefully it's temporary because of his injury. Other than that he actually looks sharp and I saw him run in support a couple of times today (which I haven't seen since...the Lockyer days?)

I'm going to blame Stagg for that loss, he handed them a 7 point try which was always going to have us playing catch-up. Meh, it's hard to really get find any emotion from a win or a loss but it is nice watching some NRL again.

Still can't believe it was up to Marty Kennedy to chase Freddy. Where the **** were all our speedsters

Don't bag the backs for being quiet. You need the ball passed to you to do anything. Parker was enormous. Thaiday and macca were good but no one else had a positive impact

why did gillett end up in situations like that. where was hunt? shouldnt he be calling the shots?

we just looked DUMB out there.

i dunno if barba is injured but him sitting out on the wing makes no sense to me.

jeez even corey norman is looking better than what we put on out there.
Makes a lot more sense than Gillett on the wing. At least Barba could theoretically make use of the space that theoretically would exist if we actually spread the ball.

We need a coach who can actually coach some attacking football. We can sign all the players we like but what use is it if we have a coach who has no clue what he is doing

Barba didn't magically forget everything Hasler and co taught him the moment he left their club.

Barba needs to get his hands on the ball more often. He is the bloody fullback and he just sticks to one side of the field. Get him involved on both sides of the field.

Welcome back Broncos 2014 attack Griffin style, still the same sugar, punch up the middle, then kick FFFFSSSS there is only nine players on the field. Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there anybody in their.

Griffin's days are numbered I reckon. If he isn't gone by Round 10, there is something seriously wrong.

Yeah, we could be seeing a lot more Griffinball in the coming months.

Wait and see how he goes in a real trial first, they have been largely using him on the wing in the nines, not really as a fullback in attack so its hard to evaluate where he stands.

thought we were taking the 9s as a somewhat serious "trial"? why would you sit him on the wing if that was the case? isnt it a perfect time to get the combo's going up the middle of the field/from fullback?

maybe he was/is injured. i dunno.

biggest worry for me was hunt. didnt seem to take control at any time. was the last play of hte game and he was turning it back inside to a player with two defenders in front of him.

i think the most positive thing was thaiday and thats cos he's had the captaincy taken off him. something most thought should of either never happened or been removed from his duty half way through 2013.

Last edited:

we made a 42 year old look good.

We've gotta play the eels last too and they look good, we need to beat them to progress correct?

on todays form the eels will tear us apart. they are actually playing footy.

We've gotta play the eels last too and they look good, we need to beat them to progress correct?

Assuming the Roosters will beat the Doggies (which is probably like assuming the sun will rise up in the morning), then yes.

Unless the Bulldogs beat the Roosters somehow. So yes, we do have to beat the Eels.

If you can't score in nines there's a serious problem.

thought we were taking the 9s as a somewhat serious "trial"? why would you sit him on the wing if that was the case? isnt it a perfect time to get the combo's going up the middle of the field/from fullback?

maybe he was/is injured. i dunno.

biggest worry for me was hunt. didnt seem to take control at any time. was the last play of hte game and he was turning it back inside to a player with two defenders in front of him.

i think the most positive thing was thaiday and thats cos he's had the captaincy taken off him. something most thought should of either never happened or been removed from his duty half way through 2013.

I dunno mate, roster wise we are taking it seriously but it's hard to make any sense out of how we are approaching the nines gameplan/player positioning wise when for example you got Barba playing a different role to the one you would expect him to be playing and then somehow make a comparison to what that means for the upcoming season?

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • davidp
  • Jazza
  • MrRobot
  • Broncos Maestro
  • GCBRONCO
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Spooky1013
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncs30
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.