Auckland Nines Squad

Yeah, DCE sucks. But surely a 4 time Dally M, 3 time Golden Boot, dual premiership, future Immortal could overcome that disadvantage. :confusing:

By himself?

JT took over for Locky as QLD's totem. He is the spiritual symbol of origin for QLD.

I think Milford would form a magnificent pair with Cronk, but JT deserves to go out on his terms. As much as I hated him in that GF, I cannot not admire the man.

Last edited:
I think Milford would for a magnificent pair with Cronk, but JT deserves to go out on his terms. As much as I hated him in that GF, I cannot not admire the man.

We may get Milf and Cronk at some point over the next few years.

Thurston is arguably the most replaceable out of those 3.
exactly its not like Qld would be facing a dire situation like not having King Wally available for the first time ever and expecting a young halves pairing Langer and Peter Jackson to step up or the scraps side of 1995 against an international lineup. Queensland still have enough options available to cover Thurston. Still I don't wish him injury.

exactly its not like Qld would be facing a dire situation like not having King Wally available for the first time ever and expecting a young halves pairing Langer and Peter Jackson to step up or the scraps side of 1995 against an international lineup. Queensland still have enough options available to cover Thurston. Still I don't wish him injury.

Didn't have to test that theory during the streak, did we?

It's a matter of opinion, of course, but I'd take Thurston over Smith and Cronk if I could only take one.

Didn't have to test that theory during the streak, did we?

It's a matter of opinion, of course, but I'd take Thurston over Smith and Cronk if I could only take one.

Im taking Smith over the pair of them every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Don't under estimate how good of an influence he has on that field.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.