Aussie tour of South Africa

Didn't Clark cop the brunt of the 2009 Ashes when we desperately needed a spinner?

Clark destroyed the poms in the fourth test and the selectors ignored the pitch and picked 4 seamers hoping it would work again

He battled an elbow injury for a while, missing games here and there before he finally had surgery and missed the '08/'09(?) season. Never returned to the Aus set-up. Given his late start and lower impact (in comparison) bowling style it's feasible he could have played well into his 30s.

Yeah, but I remember Game 5 where he was selected and didn't really make an impact. It wasn't his fault but he became the scapegoat.

No one made an impact because it was a dust bowl of a pitch

Exactly.

But Cricket Australia found a way to blame Clark.

As m1c alluded to, I think Clark fell out of favour before that series.

No doubt, can't blame the selectors let's blame a player

He was so so good in the 2006 Ashes. Injuries really ruined the end of his career, the selectors had a really bad habit of shafting guys. Hopefully that stops.

Oh ffs. He was good at cricket. Who cares if he upset people.

I hate the politics of cricket more than any other sport - including Rugby League. They remind me of CWA meetings. And the worst of all is the ICB, but Aussie Cricket aren't much better. the effing Chappels.

I don't give a rats about who he upset, but the selectors etc do.

And he is being 'punished' for it.

He is retired now, he wasn't very good at all in domestic cricket for his last few years.

We won the 2nd test remarkebly go Pat Cummings he is a bloody legend. Suck my dick Brett (idiot South African from my school) Australia is better than South Africa by long shot.

We did get rolled for 47 mate. We were lucky that haddin and Mitch found the middle of the bat a couple of times

Active Now

• Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Evander
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ondi
  • Santa
  • broncoscope
  • Midean
  • the_next
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.