Australia v England fourth Test

State of Origin Rep
AUSTRALIA SQUAD FOR FOURTH TEST: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird.

He won’t be dropped for the next ten years after making a ton and having the name Marsh even if he gets nothing but ducks.

State of Origin Rep
Was this while Paine was batting? I couldn't imagine that Paine would miss out, he's been good with gloves and bat
He’s not in Melbourne. Father in law had a stroke. Handscomb is the cover you’d assume from training.

They think he will join the team Sunday.

Been a while since I have seen him bowl what speed does he get
It's mid 130s but swings it, very different to Hazlewood and Cummins and obviously completely different to Starc.

Just about any other era, I reckon he easily plays 50+ tests for Australia.

State of Origin Rep
Bancroft not handling bounce; he’d be out caught four times if they put a short leg.

Seems odd an opening bat from WACA not having a plan for bounce.

State of Origin Rep
Warner looks dangerous. His average has been good this series 49.

But his strike rate is well down like he’s playing a bit within himself. 54 v career 76.

10th opening mate might not be helping.

State of Origin Rep
It's mid 130s but swings it, very different to Hazlewood and Cummins and obviously completely different to Starc.

Just about any other era, I reckon he easily plays 50+ tests for Australia.
In the eight Tests he’s played, he’s picked up 34 wickets and managed to induce false shots off 11.8% of the deliveries he’s bowled. Compared to that, Cummins & Hazlewood average 11.9% and 11.3% with only Starc’s 15.3% being vastly different from Bird.

State of Origin Rep
No good Bancroft struggled through that and did plenty of hard work then out.

Needs to learn how to still score when it’s tough. 12% attacking shots and there was plenty of short balls and over pitched. One scoring shot off the 17.