CRICKET Australia v India

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I know we did sandpaper and whatever else but trust me, there's no bigger team in world cricket when it comes to playing outside the spirit of the game than India. They're the reason the "mankad" has been now normalised, every kid playing the game knows you don't do that shit to try and win a game. Not India though, they do whatever it takes

If it's going to be a pitch that turns square, make it turn square for ALL batsman, absurd

I really don't understand the dark arts of mankad- keep your bat behind the line- why should the batsman get a four metre head start.

Bowler should be allowed to run through the crease and release from halfway down then.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Really? How hard is it for the non-striker to stay in their crease. I think the mankad is a legitimate dismissal, particularly with the growth of T20 cricket. As Starc siad, "If I have to keep my foot behind the line, you can keep you bat behind the line."

What he said.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I really don't understand the dark arts of mankad- keep your bat behind the line- why should the batsman get a four metre head start.

Bowler should be allowed to run through the crease and release from halfway down then.

Absolutely, it's the fact that India go to these tactics to win games of cricket. It's not about the mankad at all, India has always been one of the dirtiest teams in world cricket and never really copped anything for being so. I remember a game against England, England batter thought it went for 4, everyone did, clearly stopped running, walked off to enjoy a well earned break. Little did he know, they ran him out as he was walking off the ground. It never went for 4. England gained no advantage by walking off for their break, India however, the ultimate dirty team, won't miss an opportunity.

It really does say everything you need to know about them.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020

I still feel the simplest solution is a run penalty. If you are outside your crease when the ball is released, you get -1 from any runs scored unless it's a 4 or 6. This will 100% keep the non strikers in their crease, especially in white ball, and the mankad conversation is over.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Absolutely, it's the fact that India go to these tactics to win games of cricket. It's not about the mankad at all, India has always been one of the dirtiest teams in world cricket and never really copped anything for being so. I remember a game against England, England batter thought it went for 4, everyone did, clearly stopped running, walked off to enjoy a well earned break. Little did he know, they ran him out as he was walking off the ground. It never went for 4. England gained no advantage by walking off for their break, India however, the ultimate dirty team, won't miss an opportunity.

Bell wasn't out because MS said all good and he kept batting after tea. Bell admitted it was all his fault and terrible running between wickets and it was only MS that saved him. He made 159 too so had a big impact on the game.

It's actually an example of great spirit by MS.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Bell wasn't out because MS said all good and he kept batting after tea. Bell admitted it was all his fault and terrible running between wickets and it was only MS that saved him. He made 159 too so had a big impact on the game.

Always play the devil's advocate don't you.

Its so clearly a shithead move what they did. Clearly calmer heads in ms Dhoni prevailed

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Always play the devil's advocate don't you.

Its so clearly a shithead move what they did. Clearly calmer heads in ms Dhoni prevailed

Just don't think that run out is an example of bad play. The whole Roy fiasco is a lot worse.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014

MS threw the ball to the bloke standing next to the stumps.

A bit of PR took place during the break.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

Windies and Dean Jones .

in 1975, Greg Chappell whipped the bails off at the MCG as England's Brian Luckhurst had his own anxious moment in an ODI, with local reports erroneously claiming that Mankad had "started the fad" almost 30 years earlier.

And then 1979, Pakistani players were so incensed that Australia's Alan Hurst had 'Mankaded' tailender Sikander Bakht in the Perth Test, that they appealed for "handled ball" in the next innings when Aussie opener Andrew Hilditch picked up the pill to hand it to the bowler.

Hilditch was given out. By the letter of law, it was the right decision — by "the Spirit of Cricket", it was questionable.

The Pakistani players had made their point.

People in glass houses and all that BS ...

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I also find it hilarious I have read nothing but "we beat you with our B team" from Indians

Yet here we are, in India and Siraj is one of their first choicers

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Windies and Dean Jones .

in 1975, Greg Chappell whipped the bails off at the MCG as England's Brian Luckhurst had his own anxious moment in an ODI, with local reports erroneously claiming that Mankad had "started the fad" almost 30 years earlier.

And then 1979, Pakistani players were so incensed that Australia's Alan Hurst had 'Mankaded' tailender Sikander Bakht in the Perth Test, that they appealed for "handled ball" in the next innings when Aussie opener Andrew Hilditch picked up the pill to hand it to the bowler.

Hilditch was given out. By the letter of law, it was the right decision — by "the Spirit of Cricket", it was questionable.

The Pakistani players had made their point.

People in glass houses and all that BS ...

Undeniably, it has happened before but it's now been changed to a run out, which makes it an acceptable thing to do. By the laws of the game, great, out of his crease then run him out.

Laws of the game and spirit of the game don't always align though, do they?

Shami recently mankadded a Sri Lankan who was on 99 (they obviously had no other way to get him out), however India had the game all sealed up, they retracted their appeal. They have no problem upholding their appeal when it can potentially be a game changer and turn the game in their favour, however when the game is already won.. "yeah no worries, you can come back". It doesn't sit with me.

It's not about the mankad, it's about India. They are a disease to the sport.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Dude! You are calling India dirty .

I showed you Chappel and Hurst both did it .

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I know it will turn around corners but based on the first few deliveries, the pacers won't be playing much of a role.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.