Australia v Sri Lanka

I like the look of Meredith, has some serious wheels. too early though probably, can he bowl 20 overs in a day. I'd love to see Pattinson back.

117 overs in his four SS games this season.

Siddle will be alright now he’s back on a proper diet

It can be the same sort of error, we pick guys averaging 30 in Shield and think they will pump that by 20 against better players- they won't.

Now we are picking guys that physically and mentally are struggling to get through a Shield season and thinking three months away from home will be fine.

Sri Lanka have a worse attack than many of the Shield sides, probably all of them when you factor in home decks.

Siddle is low maintenance and ready to go, never injured fit and in. What are you going to get with Pattinson? Four SS games this year, none last year, five the year before, four, three, none.

2012/2013- five game and 25 wickets was productive wicket wise.

One game in 2011/2012.

Siddle has three games and 10 wickets this year and Pattinson four games and nine wickets.

I'd go with the ready to go guy.

So because he has a history of injury that's it, he's never going to get another opportunity? By your own admission he's played more games than Siddle this season, if we aren't going to give him a chance when he's fit, he may as well give up any aspirations of playing for Aus again.

So because he has a history of injury that's it, he's never going to get another opportunity? By your own admission he's played more games than Siddle this season, if we aren't going to give him a chance when he's fit, he may as well give up any aspirations of playing for Aus again.

Siddle was with the Test side the last round of Shield games.

He's four games back from a 15 month lay off- I don't think not risking him in a Test is unreasonable. Not too many players I would rush back after 15 months of no SS cricket.

Nine wickets hardly screams rush me back. If he had 35 you'd be thinking maybe but he's not needed we aren't in desperate need of another quick bowler. He needs full shield seasons and 50 wickets.

Last edited:
Siddle was with the Test side the last round of Shield games.

He's four games back from a 15 month lay off- I don't think not risking him in a Test is unreasonable. Not too many players I would rush back after 15 months of no SS cricket.

Nine wickets hardly screams rush me back. If he had 35 you'd be thinking maybe but he's not needed we aren't in desperate need of another quick bowler. He needs full shield seasons and 50 wickets.

I don't disagree in some ways, it'd be nice if he had a full year of a clean bill of health under his belt. I still think it's worth the risk, much like Pucovski is. Not to mention he averages 27 with the willow for Australia on a pretty big sample size, that's almost enough to get you picked at first drop in 2019.

I don't disagree in some ways, it'd be nice if he had a full year of a clean bill of health under his belt. I still think it's worth the risk, much like Pucovski is. Not to mention he averages 27 with the willow for Australia on a pretty big sample size, that's almost enough to get you picked at first drop in 2019.

Pattinson's test batting average is as good as the current number 3's FC season batting average, says it all really.

Pucovski 8 games, 588 runs, two hundreds and one 50.

Slater- 16 games, 1520 runs, 4 100's and 11 50's.
Hughes- 18 games, 1648 runs, 5 100's and 10 50's.
Bradman- 9 games, 989 runs, 4 100's and 3 50's.
Harvey- 11 games, 705 runs, 1 100 and 4 50's.
S. Waugh- 11 games, 605 runs, 2 100's and 2 50's.
Langer- 14 games, 1121 runs, 3 100's and 5 50's.

He's probably pretty close to Waugh in stats before his Test debut.

Lol, one of the journos brought up the Maxwell incident, defensive much?

CA 3/25

Burns, Renshaw and Labuschagne out.

Last edited:
No idea how Laboostjuice is ahead of Patterson. I can't understand how Head and Finch are ahead of Patterson either. Patterson and Pucovski are looking sublime out there.

I don't care about age, Pucovski is clearly classy, throw him in, he's a gun. His batting technique and temperament are fantastic. Reminds a lot of a Clarke-Williamson hybrid.

Disappointed Renshaw failed again. He's definitely got the temperament to be a very good test match player for Australia, but he's desperately out of form at the moment. Right when there's a spot for him to make his own at the top of the order.

100 for Patterson..

Maybe he'll force his way in to the 2nd test squad.

Best innings by an Aussie bat I've seen in a long time...and he can't crack THIS test side, go figure.

157* for Patto and 102* for Doran to end the innings. Fair digs.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.