CRICKET Australia v West Indies

Confucius once said......

'If International One Day Cricket involving Australia is no longer relevant enough to be shown on free to air TV then Cricket Australia should be seriously concerned.'
It's the other way around: One Day Cricket has now been relegated to a pay TV event. Like boxing. Pay TV is all that's keeping it alive.

Marsh has been really good at 3 and opening, he shouldn't be moved.

1. Head
2. Marsh
3. Smith
4. Green
5. Maxwell
6. Short/Hardie
7. Inglis
8. Cummins (C)
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood
Reality is both Smith and Marsh are pretty long shot at being in the squad next World Cup, same with Maxwell. Smith has the highest chance but still not necessarily awesome odds.

Champions trophy is a good chance to continue to develop without giving much of a **** about actually winning the thing. Smith gives a lot of confidence to Green by being right behind him imo. Marsh has been awesome don’t get me wrong but we have now entered a period whether for better or worse for immediate results Green has to bat 3 and IMO you need a pair of openers that will go through to the next WC. Marsh has a career that suggests he goes through waves of being good enough to play for Australia, at the age of 36 I’m going to back that he isn’t in this side anymore. Therefore he can bat 5 when full strength and from time to time when tactical input is required he can bat opener, 3 or wherever. I’d still have him 3 in t20 side as we still have a World Cup this year.

You got to start making moves towards the future and if it means he bats 5 than so be it. He only has 2 years of goodwill and sorry but Mitch Marsh’s feelings of batting 5 aren’t enough for us to be dog shit when he is sitting on the couch retired. We have just as well a balanced squad that will be better prepared in the future with him not batting in the top 4.

Green has to bat 3 cause he is the only one you can guarantee will be there that has the skillset to do so. Smith can bat 4 to help him along (definitely won’t bat 3 and Green 4 when they have been doing the opposite). Marsh can bat 5 in that he can go extra aggressive or formulate an innings. I have Short at 6 more so for his bowling ability in Pakistan and come the end of that Hardie can take Maxi’s spot or vice versa if Hardie is in the team over Short (no point playing him when he will be 39 next WC). I think the beauty of the side is this way you have aggression at the start, composed accumulators through the next 2 and if you need to reshuffle so that you can go ultra aggressive you have the cavalry there to do so. Perfectly balanced one day side. We also have a sustainable future in this format this way.

Marsh can interchange anywhere through the top 7 and he should be tactically used that way rather than being locked down into the top 4 somewhere and us being fucked in yet another format when our opener/first drop retire or turn to shit a year or two out from the WC.

It seems pretty clear to me they have no intention of opening Marsh in one day cricket and I think the side has gotten to the point where they have to go all in on Green and if that means batting him at 3 in ODI and 4 at test that’s what has to happen.

Sure he has won us a fair few important games over the last few years batting top order but he can continue to influence games from 5 and have players ready and able to win us crucial games down the track.

Yeah it is really going to be see how the generational reset goes. Is the Champion's Trophy the end of the line for quite a few?

How many of:
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Maxwell
Smith
Marsh

will make it to the next WC?

I think Australia need to make some tough calls on some of these blokes above. Of course all of them still demand a spot in the ODI side but you need to give the gen-next guys opportunities under pressure to see what they've got but you have to time it well. I love the fact they've gone experimental against WI and I hope they keep it up building in to the aforementioned trophy.

Moving forward, I'd be regularly running out something similar to this current squad.

He was a good AFL player too apparently .
I can see him as a centre half forward .

He would be great in that position but I reckon he would be an amazing ruck, fullback or full forward. But with his agility, if he was playing anywhere else, he would be impossible to handle. You get the sense he would excel in any sport.

What a catch by Laboosh to give Morris his first international wicket.

That looked a terrible review live and looked even worse on replay by Hope.

This is carnage. Morris is announcing himself but in fairness, that ball should never have got through, this bloke isn't ready for international cricket as a batsman.

There's no other way to put it, this is embarrassing by the WIndies.

Remember when the Windies were the bosses of short form cricket? It wasn't that long ago. This is pathetic.

Imagine all that travel to get to this game and paying for the tickets for this. Atrocious.

Inglis and Fraser-McGurk:

33758f1e29e8d3989677df301375ea7e.jpg

Active Now

• Allo
  • Organix
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Horseheadsup
  • The Don
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Bronx48
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • MrMoore
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.