Australia Vs Bangladesh ODI

L

langer77

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2010
Shane Watson says the stifling Bangladesh humidity prompted his decision to launch an extraordinary attack in his world record innings in Dhaka on Monday.

The opener hammered a world-record 15 sixes in his unbeaten 185 off 96 balls as Australia defeated Bangladesh by nine wickets to gain an unbeatable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.

West Indies batsman Xavier Marshall previously held the record after hitting 12 sixes against Canada in 2008.

Watson's Record-Breaking Day
185 not out from 96 balls, the highest score by an Australian.

15 sixes, the most by any player.

79.7 per cent of team score, the greatest by any player.

150 in boundaries (15 fours, 15 sixes), the most by any player.

69 balls to bring up century, the third-fastest by an Australian.
"In the end, I'm not comparing myself to anyone," said Watson, named man of the match.

"It doesn't worry me if there's someone better than me or ranked higher than me.

"I'm just trying to get the best out of myself I possibly can.''

Watson said he tried to go for big shots as he was feeling tired in hot and humid conditions.

"The reason I kept going after reaching 100 is because I was tired and didn't really want to run too much. I was either going to try to hit as many sixes as I could or get out, that was as simple as it was,'' said Watson, 29.

"It's just one of those days when everything you try comes out of the middle of the bat. A mis-hit goes into the gap or you get dropped. I got to a point where I got pretty tired. It was hot and humid out there.''

Watson's knock was also the highest by an Australian in one-day internationals, surpassing Matthew Hayden's 181 not out against New Zealand in Hamilton four years ago.

He also had a chance of breaking Hayden's record 66-ball century, the fastest by an Australian in one-dayers.

"I don't know exactly how many balls Hayden faced,'' said Watson, who took 69 balls to complete his hundred.

"I'm not playing to break records or anything like that. I'm just trying to back myself and if it comes off like it did today then it's brilliant. But I'm not going out with any thought of breaking records."

Watson also scored the most runs (150) in boundaries in a one-day innings, breaking South African Herschelle Gibbs's record of 126.

ON YA WATTO

It is against Bangladesh but good knock

Good knock, but lol at the hype, Clarke calling it the best innings he's ever witnessed....ok [icon_lol1.

fenomeno said:
Good knock, but lol at the hype, Clarke calling it the best innings he's ever witnessed....ok [icon_lol1.

Yeah, saw all 15 sixes...quite a number were just flat out slogs. Head all over the place. Feet nowhere near the ball. Hardly a classical innings. Brutal yes.

Most brutal innings I have seen. Not the best due to opposition but fair knock

What about Gilly's ton against the Poms at the Waca?

Jeba said:
What about Gilly's ton against the Poms at the Waca?

will never forget that innings.

Game 3

M hussey nice 100 and watto. 72

Looks like we smash them again

We finishes on 8/361

Need to get our bowling sorted out. We couldnt bowl out the bangers

Must have been a road they batted on tho.

The first game we couldnt bowl them out cos they werent even trying to get the score

Active Now

• Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Rookie Alan
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncs1459
  • Rah88
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.