Australia vs England - ODI Series

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by Unbreakable, Jan 3, 2018.

1. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

England got 300 because of the Australian batsmen?

2. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

No I made that comment after Warner failed again

3. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

Perfect opportunity for Marsh here

4. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

Yeah your stat's are flattering and all but if your opener is finding it hard to contribute, other options should be looked at. I'm not saying he's no a great batsmen I'm saying rest him, he's off at them moment, just look at the shots he's gotten out to. I've already said Short and SMarsh are good options

jarro65 likes this.
  5. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

49 av at the moment- 5 above career average is struggling to contribute?

If you are dropping Warner for his form then you have to drop Smith too, he's had a worse one day form year. Short has played 12 games for WA since 2011.

Marsh's last ODI scores for Australia back to 2016- 22, 16, 1, 5, 7.

You drop your vice captain with a 2017 average of 49 for a guy that can't make his state side and a guy that's played five games since 2016 av 10.

You're bold.

6. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

I'm not going off stat's like you do tho. I'm going on recent games weather it be ODI, BBL or test cricket it's still cricket. You can't seriously think Warner is in good one day forum can you? His stat's would suggest he's on fire but the last three games would suggest other wise. Smith plays a different roll to Warner so dose Marsh we are still talking about openers here aren't we?

7. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Warner hasn't been at his best this series - even during the tests - but something else is going on here. I'm not seeing any of the hunger the test team displayed to win. I'm seeing a disjointed performance that is a pain to watch. Warner is not the biggest problem at the moment.

Sproj likes this.
  8. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

How much more recent can I be then the last 12 months? In a struggling side too.

He's had a poor series, just because you have only watched the last 3 games doesn't mean his whole year has been terrible.

You are the one that wanted Marsh to open and replace Warner. So some batsmen you're happy to bat poorly but Warner has to average above 50?

9. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

It's been like this for 18 months.

10. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Need 30 off 12 balls - Paine chasing quick singles.

11. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Well what is it in your opinion mate?

Whatever the case, it's not good enough. Is it performance or political?

12. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

I'm not seing an edit button so I'll also add, the test team dominated. So I assume it was One Days you were referring to @1910@1910?

13. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

I'm talking about right now not 12 months ago.
    I never said he's had a terrible year? And I watch cricket all year round. My suggestion was SMarsh in case you missed that

14. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

It's not 12 months ago- it's his last year. January 2017-January 2018. That's a pretty fair sample size for me to use. If he was in form trouble then it would be over that time, just looking at the last two weeks isn't fair.
    I gave you Sean's last five one day scores for Australia. He's averaging 10.

15. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Post WC had a lot of retirements, never filled the gaps. We are struggling with evolving and I think we are playing ODI like 20/20 too many guys getting out for 30. Not setting up our hitters like Marsh and Stoinis for the last 10 overs. They're in too early and with a collapse around them.

We haven't found our spinning answer or utilising that option. I don't think we seem to know how we want to play or need to play and we change the team. Four changes today scream to me we haven't got a set plan at the moment and our team is up in the air.

I think scheduling is hurting us too, we are not picking our side from the domestic one day comp we are picking it 3 months later. Need to adjust that.

16. Sproj

Sproj

Would it hurt to give Warner a rest? I mean seriously, just because a guy is averaging whatever over a whole year, the series is gone now basicaly, so would there really be any harm in giving Warner a rest? I mean, he doesn't deserve to be dropped but a rest wouldn't hurt.

roo-ted likes this.
  17. Sproj

Sproj

Lynn at 3 would definitely help but he isn't available, so give Maxwell/Short a shot, what's the harm?

roo-ted likes this.
  18. Socnorb

Socnorb

Could England have had more luck?The finch decision was just plain inconsistent umpiring. The smith decision was just plain appalling . No to mention inconsistant wide calls.

19. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

Yeah the smith dismissal was ridiculous. Such a big moment in the game as well

20. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

I don't think we are in a position to be resting guys. 3-0 down about to go to SA are we looking good enough OD wise to be saying have a break?

We look like we need to be playing OD cricket to sort it out.