4. Smith
5. M Marsh
6. Carey
7. Stoinis
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Richardson
11. Lyon
lol, so you want to get of Paine permanently. You also chose a one gamer instead of Hazelwood and someone who can hardly walk in place of Warner. That Darcy Short plan of yours didn't last long.

State of Origin Rep
So would you stick with Head, with his recent record in the last two ODIs?
Head and Finch are part timers. You're not going to get great work out of either. But I don't think that is why we are losing. England don't have a spinner Root's getting wickets!

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
Who is our best ODI spinner though? Lyon's record is average and hasn't played for two years. More right handers in the ODI side and normally spinners taking it away are more successful in ODI cricket.
How would anyone know who our best spinner is when we barely pick one?

Imo Lyon is our best spinner in all formats.

roo-ted

NRL Player
lol, so you want to get of Paine permanently. You also chose a one gamer instead of Hazelwood and someone who can hardly walk in place of Warner. That Darcy Short plan of yours didn't last long.
Did I say I want to replace Paine permanently? Richardson did a great job last night so there is no need to drop him. And Lynn would be my first pick if not him it would be Short.

State of Origin Rep
Did I say I want to replace Paine permanently? Richardson did a great job last night so there is no need to drop him. And Lynn would be my first pick if not him it would be Short.
How long would you replace him then? Why are you replacing Paine?

roo-ted

NRL Player
Head and Finch are part timers. You're not going to get great work out of either. But I don't think that is why we are losing. England don't have a spinner Root's getting wickets!
Exactly your not going to get great work out of a part timer so put a genuine spin bowler in (Lyon).
Finchs batting outweighs any problems with his part time bowling.

State of Origin Rep
How would anyone know who our best spinner is when we barely pick one?

Imo Lyon is our best spinner in all formats.
We are losing it and England winning it at the same part of the game, we lose it in the middle when we lose wickets and then don't have set batsmen like Finch and Marsh there at the end. 62 runs last night from the last 11 overs.

Butler and Root gave them stability after a wobble. We haven't had that at all.

England are very good in the middle overs and Australia are very poor. That's what is costing us 50 plus runs and then exposing bowlers who are part time in the power play.

Interesting record against spin since the WC

Australia averages 35.92 run rate 5.20.
England averages 58.44 run rate 6.30.

We don't use a spinner so we aren't playing it too well either.

State of Origin Rep
Just gonna throw it out there, I'm not sure Head is actually as good as a lot of people think he is.

Seems to be living off his form from 1-2 years ago. Has only scored 1x 50 for Australia since the 2017 Summer at an average of 28.8
He’s not on his own. Smith is averaging 35 in the last 10 games.

When you lose 9/10 games no one gets out of it well.

They’re just not playing smart cricket. I don’t think it’s the personal.

State of Origin Rep
Much tighter bowling. England’s dot ball percent is highest of the three games and cross batted shots down from the two previous games.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
That’s when happens when you play a side like this. The ODI game has evolved but the Aussies still play too traditional.

State of Origin Rep
Still sticking with Warner? 3 100s in his last 14 ODI games
Would I stick with the vice captain who has scored 736 runs in the last 12 months at 49? Would I stick with the guy with 4315 runs at 44? 14 100's?

Yep I would.

Just out of interest what more from an opener are you looking for then averaging 49 this year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter