4. Smith
5. Head
6. MMarsh
7. Stoinis/Faulkner/Maxwell
8. Paine/Carey/Whoever
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

That is a team that can easily win the cup...it is also a team that could go out in straight sets...they do have Smith and Starc though, massive trump cards.

If we're serious about winning the World Cup then Finch won't be there, he's the antithesis of the ideal opening partner for Warner.

Dave needs someone who can hold up an end, rotate the strike and not throw away their wicket needlessly. Finch generally always goes, fail, fail, 100, fail, good start but out for 30, fail, fail, 50 off 30 balls.

Or something similar. I think Khawaja is the best opening partner for Warner right now in both shorter forms.

If we're serious about winning the World Cup then Finch won't be there, he's the antithesis of the ideal opening partner for Warner.

Dave needs someone who can hold up an end, rotate the strike and not throw away their wicket needlessly. Finch generally always goes, fail, fail, 100, fail, good start but out for 30, fail, fail, 50 off 30 balls.

Or something similar. I think Khawaja is the best opening partner for Warner right now in both shorter forms.

Two things that cost him his is running between wickets and fielding. Khawaja doesn't rotate the strike at all. It's his huge weakness.

Finch and Khawaja made their debut same day in 2013- Khawaja has played 18 games in that time and Finch 85. They just don't want him in the shorter forms. They go to him when they have to but they move on again quickly.

Only six of that 18 have been at home, so if he's on tour and we need a change in comes Khawaja and then dropped again.

His State form in OD goes up and down as well which wouldn't fill them with confidence.

2017- av 63
2016- av 25
2015- av 30
2014- av 74
2013- av 71
2012- av 38
2011- av 73
2010- av 28
2009- av 41
2008- av 27

Finch has eight international 100's in the same time Khawaja has averaged 31 and has none. It always seems he's not the type of short form player they want.

It’s weird cos he goes alright in T20 and Tests

Sorry for doubting you Finchy.

Keep it up m8.

Roy is just taking the piss, but are we even trying to bowl to the field

Why are there always so many NSW players in Australian sides?

Roy innings of a lifetime. Good on him. But terrible captaincy by Smith. Might be playing like best batsman since Bradman but worst captain I’ve seen. Let’s keep throwing pace at the guys who are using it to hit boundaries... terrible field and bowler rotations. Selection wise a Maxwell and Faulkner short (not as if we won a World Cup with them) or at least a batsman short. Cost 30 runs required to make a game of it. Problem is with Marsh not bowling much lacking a bowler too.

He wasn’t the first and won’t be the last, just a popular name to throw around.

Broncos royalty have done far worse and I know it as fact as it happened to my family ;)

Do tell us more , we all like a good story/ conspiracy

Can’t believe Smith didn’t put anyone at deep midwicket for Roy, reckon he scored half his runs there

Carey in, too late. Should have happened 12 months ago.

Roy innings of a lifetime. Good on him. But terrible captaincy by Smith. Might be playing like best batsman since Bradman but worst captain I’ve seen. Let’s keep throwing pace at the guys who are using it to hit boundaries... terrible field and bowler rotations. Selection wise a Maxwell and Faulkner short (not as if we won a World Cup with them) or at least a batsman short. Cost 30 runs required to make a game of it. Problem is with Marsh not bowling much lacking a bowler too.

Losing Finch and Marsh close to each other is what cost us 30-40 runs.

Carey- 223
Richardson- 224

White in Zampa out.

Finch needs to go now, we fell 40 short in this middle period at the MCG

How did we not get at least 300?!

The batting order is out of whack

I don't see why Warner automatically gets a start even tho he hasn't been his best, when people like short have been taking the world by storm. I understand that Warner can single handedly destroy a team when he's on but he's human just like everyone else

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.