Australia vs England - ODI Series

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Our bowling attack sucks. Our middle order kinda sucks (might be the order as Browny suggested).

Pathetic and deflating after an awesome Ashes series from Australia.

Sproj

International Rep
I reckon they need to look at this side (if everyone is fit and available):

1. Warner
2. Carey
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. MMarsh
6. Head/Maxwell
7. Stoinis / Lyon (If a spinner is required)
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
10. Cummins/Tye/Richardson
11. Hazlewood

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
Time for a rethink of the ODI side. The selection of Cameron White was baffling. We need to use this ODI side to bring through our young players. I'd be giving Warner a rest TBH. We've got too many bit part players in this team. They just don't understand how important spin bowling is in the shorter forms.

roo-ted

NRL Player

1. Warner
2. Carey
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. MMarsh
6. Head/Maxwell
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
11. Hazlewood
Head needs to sit the next one out, he's been useless with ball and bat despite his stat's from the past. Time for our old mate Maxi to get a go I believe

roo-ted

NRL Player

1. Warner
2. Carey
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. MMarsh
6. Head/Maxwell
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
11. Hazlewood
Just on that list again, would you leave Finch out?

Sproj

International Rep
Yeah I would consider it because despite his back to back hundreds, his opening partner will never be dropped and I think having your keeper open benefits the team balance.

Sproj

International Rep
Yeah I would consider it because despite his back to back hundreds, his opening partner will never be dropped and I think having your keeper open benefits the team balance.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Fair call. Shaun Marsh is another opinion, I remember he killed it in BBL a while ago so he dose have that second gear in the shorter forum. With Lyon in the bowling like a pro I'm not sure why he's being left out, he's not a complete mug with the bat either

roo-ted

NRL Player
1. Finch
2. Lynn
3. Maxwell
4. Smith
5. M Marsh
6. Carey
7. Stoinis
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Richardson
11. Lyon

State of Origin Rep
Time for a rethink of the ODI side. The selection of Cameron White was baffling. We need to use this ODI side to bring through our young players. I'd be giving Warner a rest TBH. We've got too many bit part players in this team. They just don't understand how important spin bowling is in the shorter forms.
Who is our best ODI spinner though? Lyon's record is average and hasn't played for two years. More right handers in the ODI side and normally spinners taking it away are more successful in ODI cricket.

State of Origin Rep

1. Warner
2. Carey
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. MMarsh
6. Head/Maxwell
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
11. Hazlewood
Faulkner is gone I think, not offered a contract and I think they have moved on. He's been injured again too.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Who is our best ODI spinner though? Lyon's record is average and hasn't played for two years. More right handers in the ODI side and normally spinners taking it away are more successful in ODI cricket.
Again with your stat's lol. Pretty easy to see he's one of the if not the best spinners in the world at the moment. Your stat's were pointing towards Head being an absolute jem and look how that's worked out

State of Origin Rep
Again with your stat's lol. Pretty easy to see he's one of the if not the best spinners in the world at the moment. Your stat's were pointing towards Head being an absolute jem and look how that's worked out
One of the best spinners at Test cricket.

What from his ODI career leads you to believe he's the man?

Not sure what Head has to do with it. He's got six 50's and a 100 from his 32 games. With 12 wickets that's a pretty good return from your middle order.

State of Origin Rep
I don't see why Warner automatically gets a start even tho he hasn't been his best, when people like short have been taking the world by storm. I understand that Warner can single handedly destroy a team when he's on but he's human just like everyone else
Three 100's in his last 12 ODI games probably means he keeps his spot.

State of Origin Rep
Our bowling attack sucks. Our middle order kinda sucks (might be the order as Browny suggested).

Pathetic and deflating after an awesome Ashes series from Australia.
I think we are tired and it's showing. We need to rejig our summer to maximise our ODI team.

I'd like to see the Domestic OD played in October then using that pick our ODI team and play against England at the start of the tour. November-December is for Tests which end early January. Then Big Bash from Christmas time through to end of January with a few International 20/20 games.

Things don't marry up at the moment and we lose momentum. You'd be playing One Dayers domestically then picking our Australian side. Three Shield games, pick our Test side, Big Bash and pick our 20/20 side.

Our Test players could play more BBL then too.

roo-ted

NRL Player
One of the best spinners at Test cricket.

What from his ODI career leads you to believe he's the man?

Not sure what Head has to do with it. He's got six 50's and a 100 from his 32 games. With 12 wickets that's a pretty good return from your middle order.
Also doing well in the BBL. I personally don't think any spin bowler's in Australia are even close to Lyon at the moment and put him in a ODI and he will do well. If you go directly off stat's dose that mean he never gets a shot in a ODI again? Even tho he is bowling much better than all the Australian spin bowlers? Or do you look pass your stat's and use common sense?
Head is the perfect example that stat's aren't everything.

State of Origin Rep
Also doing well in the BBL. I personally don't think any spin bowler's in Australia are even close to Lyon at the moment and put him in a ODI and he will do well. If you go directly off stat's dose that mean he never gets a shot in a ODI again? Even tho he is bowling much better than all the Australian spin bowlers? Or do you look pass your stat's and use common sense?
Head is the perfect example that stat's aren't everything.
it's not really stats- it's your record. It's what you've done.

It can't lie.

State of Origin Rep
For the record 13 games since 2012.
17 wickets.
@ 34.
Four of those wickets against Zimbabwe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter