Australia vs England - ODI Series

I don't see why Warner automatically gets a start even tho he hasn't been his best, when people like short have been taking the world by storm. I understand that Warner can single handedly destroy a team when he's on but he's human just like everyone else

Three 100's in his last 12 ODI games probably means he keeps his spot.

Our bowling attack sucks. Our middle order kinda sucks (might be the order as Browny suggested).

Pathetic and deflating after an awesome Ashes series from Australia.

I think we are tired and it's showing. We need to rejig our summer to maximise our ODI team.

I'd like to see the Domestic OD played in October then using that pick our ODI team and play against England at the start of the tour. November-December is for Tests which end early January. Then Big Bash from Christmas time through to end of January with a few International 20/20 games.

Things don't marry up at the moment and we lose momentum. You'd be playing One Dayers domestically then picking our Australian side. Three Shield games, pick our Test side, Big Bash and pick our 20/20 side.

Our Test players could play more BBL then too.

One of the best spinners at Test cricket.

What from his ODI career leads you to believe he's the man?

Not sure what Head has to do with it. He's got six 50's and a 100 from his 32 games. With 12 wickets that's a pretty good return from your middle order.
Also doing well in the BBL. I personally don't think any spin bowler's in Australia are even close to Lyon at the moment and put him in a ODI and he will do well. If you go directly off stat's dose that mean he never gets a shot in a ODI again? Even tho he is bowling much better than all the Australian spin bowlers? Or do you look pass your stat's and use common sense?
Head is the perfect example that stat's aren't everything.

Also doing well in the BBL. I personally don't think any spin bowler's in Australia are even close to Lyon at the moment and put him in a ODI and he will do well. If you go directly off stat's dose that mean he never gets a shot in a ODI again? Even tho he is bowling much better than all the Australian spin bowlers? Or do you look pass your stat's and use common sense?
Head is the perfect example that stat's aren't everything.

it's not really stats- it's your record. It's what you've done.

It can't lie.

For the record 13 games since 2012.
17 wickets.
@ 34.
Four of those wickets against Zimbabwe.

1. Finch
2. Lynn
3. Maxwell
4. Smith
5. M Marsh
6. Carey
7. Stoinis
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Richardson
11. Lyon
lol, so you want to get of Paine permanently. You also chose a one gamer instead of Hazelwood and someone who can hardly walk in place of Warner. That Darcy Short plan of yours didn't last long.

So would you stick with Head, with his recent record in the last two ODIs?

Head and Finch are part timers. You're not going to get great work out of either. But I don't think that is why we are losing. England don't have a spinner Root's getting wickets!

Who is our best ODI spinner though? Lyon's record is average and hasn't played for two years. More right handers in the ODI side and normally spinners taking it away are more successful in ODI cricket.
How would anyone know who our best spinner is when we barely pick one?

Imo Lyon is our best spinner in all formats.

lol, so you want to get of Paine permanently. You also chose a one gamer instead of Hazelwood and someone who can hardly walk in place of Warner. That Darcy Short plan of yours didn't last long.
Did I say I want to replace Paine permanently? Richardson did a great job last night so there is no need to drop him. And Lynn would be my first pick if not him it would be Short.

Did I say I want to replace Paine permanently? Richardson did a great job last night so there is no need to drop him. And Lynn would be my first pick if not him it would be Short.

How long would you replace him then? Why are you replacing Paine?

Head and Finch are part timers. You're not going to get great work out of either. But I don't think that is why we are losing. England don't have a spinner Root's getting wickets!
Exactly your not going to get great work out of a part timer so put a genuine spin bowler in (Lyon).
Finchs batting outweighs any problems with his part time bowling.

How would anyone know who our best spinner is when we barely pick one?

Imo Lyon is our best spinner in all formats.

We are losing it and England winning it at the same part of the game, we lose it in the middle when we lose wickets and then don't have set batsmen like Finch and Marsh there at the end. 62 runs last night from the last 11 overs.

Butler and Root gave them stability after a wobble. We haven't had that at all.

England are very good in the middle overs and Australia are very poor. That's what is costing us 50 plus runs and then exposing bowlers who are part time in the power play.

Interesting record against spin since the WC

Australia averages 35.92 run rate 5.20.
England averages 58.44 run rate 6.30.

We don't use a spinner so we aren't playing it too well either.

Just gonna throw it out there, I'm not sure Head is actually as good as a lot of people think he is.

Seems to be living off his form from 1-2 years ago. Has only scored 1x 50 for Australia since the 2017 Summer at an average of 28.8

Just gonna throw it out there, I'm not sure Head is actually as good as a lot of people think he is.

Seems to be living off his form from 1-2 years ago. Has only scored 1x 50 for Australia since the 2017 Summer at an average of 28.8

He’s not on his own. Smith is averaging 35 in the last 10 games.

When you lose 9/10 games no one gets out of it well.

They’re just not playing smart cricket. I don’t think it’s the personal.

Much tighter bowling. England’s dot ball percent is highest of the three games and cross batted shots down from the two previous games.

Much tighter bowling. England’s dot ball percent is highest of the three games and cross batted shots down from the two previous games.

And then they lost their shit and threw it all away.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • ThomasovPreaf
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • sooticus
  • KeithustEndaf
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.