Australia vs India - Test Series

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Australia ODI & T20 squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (vc), Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Daniel Sams, Kane Richardson, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (wk), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur.

India T20I squad: Virat Kohli (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul (wicketkeeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, Varun Chakravarthy

ODIs -
                                                                                              
1st ODI: 27 November, Sydney Cricket Ground
2nd ODI: 29 November, Sydney Cricket Ground
3rd ODI: 2 December, Manuka Oval

T20Is -

1st T20I: 4 December, Manuka Oval
2nd T20I: 6 December, Sydney Cricket Ground
3rd T20I: 8 December, Sydney Cricket Ground

Based on that squad, I'd say these are the best XI's we can field (Assuming guys like Starc, Cummins & Hazlewood are given a rest for a couple of the T20's) -

ODI:

1. Finch (c)
2. Warner
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Green
7. Carey (wk)
8. Cummins (vc)
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

T20:

1. Finch (c)
2. Warner
3. Smith
4. Maxwell
5. Wade
6. Stoinis
7. Carey (wk)
8. Sams
9. Abbott
10. Richardson
11. Zampa

This is the perfect demonstration with what is wrong with Australian cricket.

Green goes out and scores 197 off 400+ deliveries in red ball cricket and the selectors call him up to the LIMITED over squad.
Let's forget the fact that he's played less than 10 List-A games with an average of 27 and one score of 50+. Oh, and he's not even picked for his domestic t20 side.

I like that he's around the set up and definitely advocating he gets a crack at our test team this summer but there's no way he merits selection in either of these starting XI's. We are setting him up for failure.

Edit: I'll add that I am disappointed that Phillippe is not there.

Last edited:

Green goes out and scores 197 off 400+ deliveries in red ball cricket and the selectors call him up to the LIMITED over squad.
Let's forget the fact that he's played less than 10 List-A games with an average of 27 and one score of 50+. Oh, and he's not even picked for his domestic t20 side.

I like that he's around the set up and definitely advocating he gets a crack at our test team this summer but there's no way he merits selection in either of these starting XI's. We are setting him up for failure.

Yep you've nailed it. I can certainly understand the desire to get Green around the set up but if he is missing FC games just to sit on his backside, that is not cool. If he isn't missing games, then happy to have him around, he is a superstar in the making.

Agree with this. There seems to just be a stigma within CA that makes them think they need to blood players in the limited overs games.

I honestly hope he doesn't get a game. It will be good to get him into the system and around some of the senior players, but we'd potentially be doing more harm than good by playing him.

I also hope they don't make him bowl yet.

Agree with this. There seems to just be a stigma within CA that makes them think they need to blood players in the limited overs games.

I honestly hope he doesn't get a game. It will be good to get him into the system and around some of the senior players, but we'd potentially be doing more harm than good by playing him.

I also hope they don't make him bowl yet.

Unless he is ready to bowl. That said, there will be so much pressure on him to bowl too much, particularly when the media and fans who have no idea about him see how good he actually is with ball in hand...and he IS great with the ball.

Unless he is ready to bowl. That said, there will be so much pressure on him to bowl too much, particularly when the media and fans who have no idea about him see how good he actually is with ball in hand...and he IS great with the ball.
That's essentially what I mean. Even if he is ready, don't do it. Don't double the pressure.
Let him focus on his batting for now and they can add that string to the bow if/when they need it.

I'm just glad Sams is still in the squad, can they give him a run through

Couldn't care less about the T20i team but for the ODI's this would be my line up based on the squad:
Finch
Warner
Labu
Smith
Wade
Maxwell
Carey
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Zampa

Just keep Stoinis away and I'll be happy.

Green is bowling tomorrow.

Will be interested to see what sort of speeds he hits, there was murmurs of him being a 140+ km/h guy, not sure if that's been verified by an actual speed gun or not.

Will be interested to see what sort of speeds he hits, there was murmurs of him being a 140+ km/h guy, not sure if that's been verified by an actual speed gun or not.

He can do it, last summer in the last game before he broke down Bulls all said high 130 into 140.

Defiantly was those first three games in 2017.

His remodelled action will be interesting they’ve done a lot of work.

He will be a bit like Cummins I expect. When I first saw him, he looked borderline express but now with the remodelled action, I suspect he’ll still be sharp enough but not quite as fast as he was. Though he will obviously still possess the faster one if he wants or needs it.

He's also well over 200cm tall which is pretty nuts. Starc and Hazlewood are ~197cm for reference.

Last edited:
Man that sucks, might have to get Kayo

It's worth it for what you want to watch while it's on, great library as well. Then cancel it when what you want to watch is done.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.