Australia vs New Zealand - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game, great win.

Aussies - tough, keen (mostly), methodical and professional, and a few moments of brilliance. A few last-ditch tackes that had to be made in the 2nd half. Kiwis - dead keen, enterprising, great in defence most of the time, just a few too many mistakes. Wish these international matches got the billing they deserve, at least between these 2 teams. They can really match it with us these days, we had to fight hard for it. The Origin matches will be great, but they'll do well to beat that one.

I love Locky's idea of making this the day game on ANZAC day.

Pretty ordinary game, neither team looked properly prepared and it was only really flashes here and there that worked.

Gallen deserved MotM, I thought Scott was very good as well.

Broncos:
Yow Yeh - Solid debut. Couple of positives and negatives and I hope he learns from that performance.
Hodges - Mixed game. Some great moments in attack but his defence was really shoddy and he didn't give Yow Yeh much to work with.
Lockyer - Solid, thought he kicked well and him and Thaiday were a bit splotchy but he did his job I thought. Easily the best half on the night.
Thaiday - Got better as the game went on, made some silly mistakes in the first half but from there solid as always.
Hannant - I thought he was good off the bench in both attack and defence.

Nice Locky tribute at the end of the broadcast. Enough highlights that it could have gone a lot longer given all the last-gasp tries he's scored or set up to win Test matches.

Don't know why they included the Super League test matches - they don't exist according to the ARL...

EDIT: Will also say thank f**k we only play a few Tests matches. Having to cheer alongside agenda driven NSW supporters is THE worst.

Lol, "yow" is trending in Twitter in the Brisbane area.

Alec said:
Why didn't we try to sign Scott when he was off contract? EASILY the best front row in the world.

Gallen shits over him

langer77 said:
Alec said:
Why didn't we try to sign Scott when he was off contract? EASILY the best front row in the world.

Gallen shits over him

Gallen plays much better when he gets rid of the grubby crap. Hopefully it comes back in 2 weeks time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.