Australia vs Tonga

He won't be suspended but it was the right call.

He still makes contact with the head with the foot. It doesn't have to be intentional to be a penalty.

Sutton explained it well. He should have got down on his hands and knees.
If he gets down to his knees he gets penalised for deliberately kneeling him and probably does a shitload more damage to Holmes. You can't help a bloke diving at your feet.

Last edited:
If he gets down to his knees he gets penalised for deliberately kneeling him and probably does a shitload more damage to Holmes. You can't help a bloke diving at your feet.

If he dives with the knees late and hits Holmes in the head without first contacting the ground, yeah he does.

If he does it early which is what Sutton suggested he should have done and makes contact with the ground first, he doesn't. That's why Storm didn't get a possible 8 point try in the GF when Addo-Carr scored.

If he dives with the knees late and hits Holmes in the head without first contacting the ground, yeah he does.

If he does it early which is what Sutton suggested he should have done and makes contact with the ground first, he doesn't. That's why Storm didn't get a possible 8 point try in the GF when Addo-Carr scored.

I’ve seen teams penalised before for leading with the knees even with their knees contacting the ground first

We got an 8-point try for a similar incident versus the Cowboys. Lodge got kneed. 100% the correct call.

We got an 8-point try for a similar incident versus the Cowboys. Lodge got kneed. 100% the correct call.
In that instance, Martin slid in with his legs. Pangai tripped over a guy who dived at his feet.

Kaufusi misses so many tackles. He shouldn't be out there

Well deserved try for Tonga ... Great footy

Lol so the touchie runs in for a non existent knock on for the try but can’t see that was a wrong call

How does Gagai make rep sides over Oates or even JAC? He's a fraud at club level.

TPJ has been pretty good tonight for Tonga but he has shown his inexperience in giving away some very crucial penalties

Australia have looked pretty slick in attack tonight

Jordan McLean is an overrated hack
**** I’ll take woods over him. I’ve at least seen woods have a few good games

Agreed, you got halfbacks and 5/8ths who would make more dents in the opposition defensive line with hitups.

Last edited:
He never even bothered to look on the inside, even if his inside man didn't make it still was the better option. Costly error for Tonga.

Last edited:
Who are the commentators? They cannot identify a single player without a close up shot, hopeless.

Yeah, agreed. Good prop to have at club level, no idea how he's playing rep though.

How did all 17 refs miss DCE knock the ball down there.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.