Australian Cricket Team admit to ball tampering

How many millions has smith cost himself long term... 10? 20?

Even not counting the money, this'll probably completely **** his legacy as one of the GOAT's. Will always have an * next to his name now in history.

Even not counting the money, this'll probably completely **** his legacy as one of the GOAT's. Will always have an * next to his name now in history.

Yeah agreed, such a shame after the last 4 years of being on fire

***** are merciless. Cam Bancroft product reviews showing up on Amazon:

DZEJlD0X4AAyC0S.jpg

The bigger picture is the various boards around the world including icb not enforcing strong enough discipline in the last few years.
The platform has been laid through their inaction and soft options .
Time to start using a big stick .

I'm embarrassed with this situation and ashamed of the Australian cricket side.

It's interesting the reaction. Faf was charged with the same thing in Hobart and got three demerit points and 100% of match fee. I can't remember calls for him to be sacked and doubt SA even thought it.

That's the most recent.

Are Australia going to leave it up to the match referee or act over the top as well.

This may be too early for this comment, but in this world where we are used to denial after denial I think the admission of guilt has shocked everyone. Don't get me wrong, it an awful blight on our reputation as a test playing nation, but at least when the shit hit the fan, they fessed up and took the full brunt, and didn't concoct some bullshit excuse.

This may be too early for this comment, but in this world where we are used to denial after denial I think the admission of guilt has shocked everyone. Don't get me wrong, it an awful blight on our reputation as a test playing nation, but at least when the shit hit the fan, they fessed up and took the full brunt, and didn't concoct some bullshit excuse.

Bit hard to do that successfully with 20 camera angles showing the cheating. They probably wanted Bancroft to cop it, that’s why they gave him the job. But he told them to get fucked so they had to fess up

Well sort of- Bancroft pulls out his sunglass case and shows the umpire with a that's all that I have look.

Sorry @Accept but this is completely unacceptable. Couldn’t care less what other sides have or haven’t done, what punishments they have and haven’t got.

This is the Australian cricket team, they are extremely well paid, very well supported and absolutely looked up to. They also just seem so dismissive of it, like it’s not a big deal. It absolutely is and they are an utter disgrace.

If involved, Lehmann should be sacked, Smith and whoever else involved suspended for 12 months and Smith should definitely lose his captaincy.

This is really big and an example needs to be made of everyone involved, couldn’t care less if that means a less talented group needs to is forced to turn out. They need to work their butts off to show this is not a symptom of an overall cultural problem.

When does the fourth test start? These guys involved should be forced to pay the airfares and associated costs of everyone who replaces them after being suspended.

I will say that I do feel sorry for Bancroft, he was caught between a rock and a hard place being put in such a vulnerable position. Suspend him for 6 months.

What an absolute bunch of jerks to spit on the legacy that great side has. Won’t be sad if none of them involved ever play for the team again.
liked the message simply because of the dad joke

It's interesting the reaction. Faf was charged with the same thing in Hobart and got three demerit points and 100% of match fee. I can't remember calls for him to be sacked and doubt SA even thought it.

That's the most recent.

Are Australia going to leave it up to the match referee or act over the top as well.

Maybe SA didn't think of it but they should have.
Are you suggesting a light punishment is ok?
If so why.
Not sure where you are coming from on this.

Smiths been docked 100% of match earnings and banned for 1 test. Bancroft 75% and 3 demerit points
Also Smith has been stripped of his captaincy of his IPL team

And we are now 70/5. First time I’ve death Ridden this team but they deserve the flogging

How does khawaja keep making this team?

Surely the top four get swapped out next test.

Maybe SA didn't think of it but they should have.
Are you suggesting a light punishment is ok?
If so why.
Not sure where you are coming from on this.

They'll be given the same punishment every player has been from the ICC which will be one or two tests and a fine. The Cricket Australia bit will be the interesting one.

I am not suggesting anything; I am not too sure what I think would be fair. But I am just pointing out that it is interesting that normally Australians are very defensive and a not us attitude. But this time people want life bans.

I think life ban is too far.

They'll be given the same punishment every player has been from the ICC which will be one or two tests and a fine. The Cricket Australia bit will be the interesting one.

I am not suggesting anything; I am not too sure what I think would be fair. But I am just pointing out that it is interesting that normally Australians are very defensive and a not us attitude. But this time people want life bans.

I think life ban is too far.

Agree, life ban is OTT. I think 6 months or close to it is a must ( increasing to 12 months for similar offences ) but my thinking could be partly reactive to the lead up to this with Warners behavior among other things. It has been a gradual, unchecked deterioration and not just Aus.

12 months necessary. Life ban is ludicrous.

Go play county cricket and get acclimatised for the next Ashes

I think standing down Smith and Warner for 12 months is a great suggestion and sends out a message - no one is above the law, including the australian captain/vice captain. Also sends a message to the young cricketers that cheating isn't worth it if you are mothballed for 12 months.

edit: wait for warners mea culpa with reference to the candice sitch.

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • Santa
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ozired
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Spooky1013
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.