Australian Open thread

Flutterby said:
Because he is probably thinking that his goal of achieving the record is now out of reach, so he's devastated. I don't for 1 second think he was crying just over losing that 1 match

Well if he is thinking like that he may as well retire! My gripe is not that he cried but when he cried..

Did you have a gripe when he cried after winning in 2005?

Well unfortunately not all of us are super-human and able to turn the tears on and off as it suits - when the tears come, they come.

Coxy said:
Did you have a gripe when he cried after winning in 2005?

yes.. he won why cry oh well he did and that is what he likes to do to get support from fans because he has no style or personality.

And if he showed no emotion at all he would be called a robot, so Beads what would you like him to do shake hands and say cheers and be on his way?

Not strictly Oz Open but couldn't be bothered starting a new thread, but seems young Tomic might be in for a tough time of it - ITF is still considering banning him from the Pro Tour - which at this stage of his career he really does need to be able to play in. Hope they don't

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 16,00.html

Browny said:
And if he showed no emotion at all he would be called a robot, so Beads what would you like him to do shake hands and say cheers and be on his way?

you obviously don't get it. How did you feel when Ryan Hoffman cried after losing the 2006 NRL Grand Final??

LOLZ you cry in sad movies?

FTR, of course we felt great at seeing Hoffman cry. We'd just won the GF for f*cks sake! I haven't felt any emotions at all, really, when I see other players (and there have been many) cry after losing the grand final when my team isn't involved.

Beads6 said:
Browny said:

you obviously don't get it. How did you feel when Ryan Hoffman cried after losing the 2006 NRL Grand Final??

Totally different. I can cop someone crying when they put in 100% effort and just miss out on the prize, like Federer did and like the Broncos last year against the Storm, like Collingwood when they just lost to the Lions etc etc.. But when the Storm played like crap and Hoffman also played like crap, I will always laugh at them and say "suck on that one" icon_thumbs_u

Remember the Titans did it to me real good...

Jebadude said:
Beads6 said:
Browny said:

Totally different. I can cop someone crying when they put in 100% effort and just miss out on the prize, like Federer did and like the Broncos last year against the Storm, like Collingwood when they just lost to the Lions etc etc.. But when the Storm played like crap and Hoffman also played like crap, I will always laugh at them and say "suck on that one" icon_thumbs_u

The vast majority of the NRL world (albeit they are all losers who can't hack that Broncos is the greatest sporting franchise on the planet) think the Storm outplayed Brisbane and the vast majority of the NRL world think the Storm were "robbed" on that great night.

Your post is hypocritical, what I think you meant is;

"I can cop someone crying (in context of sporting events) if I respect and/or am a fan of them, however if they are a team/player I despise/dislike I will always laugh and ridicule them".

Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, I'm the same, I laughed hard when Hoffman cried, same same when Hodgson sat down heads between knees after gifting Lockyer the Origin the ref nearly robbed us of. However, I also sympathise with players I respect or am a fan of when they suffer heartbreaking sporting results.

No way mate. You can't tell me Hoffman or the Storm played their best effort that night, despite some dubious reffing going the way of the Broncos. Fact is, the Broncos had the game under control right from the start and frustrated the Storm beautifully.

Jebadude said:
No way mate. You can't tell me Hoffman or the Storm played their best effort that night, despite some dubious reffing going the way of the Broncos. Fact is, the Broncos had the game under control right from the start and frustrated the Storm beautifully.

That they did, I said "the vast majority of the NRL world think that", not me.

The point remains (which you sidestepped [icon_wink ) is that you (like us all) pick and choose who you respect/sympathise with and who you jeer/ridicule based not on them "giving 100% effort", but merely on your personal opinions of player in question. I know I do the same thing icon_thumbs_u

Hammo said:
Jebadude said:

The point remains (which you sidestepped [icon_wink ) is that you (like us all) pick and choose who you respect/sympathise with and who you jeer/ridicule based not on them "giving 100% effort", but merely on your personal opinions of player in question. I know I do the same thing icon_thumbs_u

But look at the original post in question, where I clearly indicated sympathising with the Collingwood Football Club, even though they are my most hated in the league icon_thumbs_u

Jebadude said:
Hammo said:
Jebadude said:

But look at the original post in question, where I clearly indicated sympathising with the Collingwood Football Club, even though they are my most hated in the league icon_thumbs_u

Please never reference AFL as "the league" ever again and also, there are differing levels of hated AFL clubs? I thought the whole code was hated?

Hammo said:
"I can cop someone crying (in context of sporting events) if I respect and/or am a fan of them, however if they are a team/player I despise/dislike I will always laugh and ridicule them".

Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, I'm the same, I laughed hard when Hoffman cried, same same when Hodgson sat down heads between knees after gifting Lockyer the Origin the ref nearly robbed us of. However, I also sympathise with players I respect or am a fan of when they suffer heartbreaking sporting results.

For me, it would be more accurate to say that I would only laugh at a player crying if I didn't like them AND they were playing my team. I laughed at Hoffman, but I think I would have felt for him had it been any other team winning the premiership.

Though I admit, there are a few select players who I generally enjoy seeing lose, no matter what the context.

Ironically, I laughed at Melbourne crying in 2006.
I laughed at St George-Illawarra, who were crying about losing to Melbourne, in 1999.

So it all comes down to whether or not you think the crying babies are douchebags or not.

Coxy said:
Ironically, I laughed at Melbourne crying in 2006.
I laughed at St George-Illawarra, who were crying about losing to Melbourne, in 1999.

Yeah but that was before Melbourne turned to the Dark Side and St George had Mundine.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosMan
  • ezpz
  • jd87
  • Scorchie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • westy316
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.