Australian Summer Of Cricket '08/'09

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kicks off in a matter of days with Australia taking on the All-Stars XI in a hit 'n' giggle match on Friday, followed by the First Test against the Ram Rooters next week.

The T20 teams have been named and Roy is back, aswell as Shaun Tait.

Symonds back in Australian side
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/austral ... 77629.html

Australia

Matthew Hayden
Shaun Marsh
Michael Clarke (c)
Michael Hussey
David Hussey
Andrew Symonds
Shane Watson
Cameron White
Brad Haddin
Brett Geeves
Peter Siddle
Shaun Tait

All-Stars XI

Adam Gilchrist (c)
Justin Langer
Brad Hodge
Simon Katich
Rob Quiney
Michael Dighton
Dan Marsh
Ashley Noffke
Ryan Harris
Steve Magoffin
Brendan Drew
Dan Cullen

Sorta takes you back to the good old days of Australia v Australia A!!

Go the All-Stars!!

Here's hoping White bowls to Quiney at some point. :twisted:

I'm going along this friday night. Don't like 20/20 but the chance to see Gilchrist one last time was too good an opportunity to pass up. I hope he flays the Aussies all over the Gabba.

Everyone is flaying the aussies at the moment! Go all stars. Lolzicrap

Will be a great spectacle IMO.. Hopefully Gilly has a big innings in him. I was going to go to the game but it is sold out..

I just want white out of the test team.

My 11:

Hayden
Katich
Punter
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Watson
Haddin
Lee
Johnston
Kreyza

12th Man Clark

Yeah.. white can f*rk off. He's shite. But hey, we all knew that from the get go anyway. icon_thumbs_u

As much as I love Symo I can't find a spot for him in the test side at the moment. Clark is a must for the Gabba test if fit.

This would be nice for a Test side.
Noffke really should be there..could even bat higher up. Watson has been bowling quite well.

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Watson
Haddin
Noffke
Lee
Kreyza

Others: Clark, Johnson.

Browny said:
I just want white out of the test team.

My 11:

Hayden
Katich
Punter
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Watson
Haddin
Lee
Johnston
Kreyza

12th Man Clark

Agreed, and I spose if we want to play the extra quick we should be able to cope alright with the combination of part-timers in there. Symonds definately helps, no doubt.

There's a few different faces i'd love to see get a start, but I think we should remain pretty much unchanged for the start of the season at least and give the team the chance to right a few wrongs after a deflating and demanding tour.

But with India behind us and some hard Aussie decks in the waiting, i'm keen to see a huge improvement from Johnson this summer. Mark Waugh made a point the other day that has been obvious for a while that plenty of Johnson's wickets are coming from ordinary deliveries and he's still going for runs.

Clearly he has talent and when he gets it absolutely right he can be hugely effective, but we are yet to him iron out his flaws since he came onto the international scene. Apart from the issue of his at times erratic line he still hasn't shown any sign of getting the seam coming down anywhere near upright, giving him no assistance of the surface and no swing whatsoever - which apart from natural angle can be the most effective weapon of a left armer. He really needs to start improving in that department or we may as well give Bollinger a go, cause a good left armer will be very handy for us in England.

IMO Haddin needs to have a big summer otherwise the other Aussie keepers will be in with a chance to take his spot.

Bring back Kasprowicz!!!!!!!!!

My team..

Matthew Hayden
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting
Michael Hussey
Michael Clarke
Shane Watson
Brad Haddin
Jason Kreza
Brett Lee
Mitchell Johnson
Stuart Clark

12th Man Ashley Noffke/Peter Siddle

Andrew Symonds could force his way into the side with some good performances in the Sheffield Shield otherwise he will have to wait until injury or retirement leave a spot open for him.

I'm surprised when Beads said this was sold out. I got tix on Saturday and there wear heaps left (well, I had choices anyway).

Can't wait, 20/20 is what cricket is about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool my tank levels are getting low, cricket at the Gabba Friday night it is guaranteed to rain as it usually does when a game is played there [icon_lol1. icon_thumbs_u

Seems a bit of a Mickey Mouse game to me. Looking forward to the tests but not ready for the hit and giggle demo game as yet. By January when the one-day games and 20-20's are on no doubt I will then be ready.

Russo said:
Seems a bit of a Mickey Mouse game to me. Looking forward to the tests but not ready for the hit and giggle demo game as yet. By January when the one-day games and 20-20's are on no doubt I will then be ready.

Yeah same, I'm sure the chaps who just flew back from India wouldn't appreciate the scheduling.

Should have been Queensland v All-Stars or something.

Just yet another symptom of the ridiculously crowded schedule.

Active Now

• barker
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.