Australian Summer Of Cricket '08/'09

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Don't forget Bollinger. There's plenty of decent fast-medium bowling options, and then there's Tait who's super erratic but very fast.

However, none of them look like world beaters.

Similar story in batting too I reckon. Not a lot of standouts coming through.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Yeah Bolligner too, however he averages over 30 in the domestic competition too. As for batsmen, Shaun Marsh is probably the best up and comer than I can think of. I still think Marcus North is one of the best batsmen in the country.

The Aus batting lineup needs a bit less Hayden (it pains me to say it) and Watson/Symonds, and a little more Hodge/D. Hussey and Marsh.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Jebadude said:
And innocent.

http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=14549
The Normanby Hotel has denied that Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds was at fault in any way during an alleged incident he was involved in with a member of the public at the establishment on the weekend.

According to a representative from the hotel, Symonds was no more than a victim of the antics of an overzealous fan.

I believe this will be revisited after further evidence has come to hand as of today. I think something will appear in the weekend papers

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, if it went as per the story so far, it doesn't make sense that Symonds would apologise to teammates etc. He'd have nothing to apologise for.

- drunk bloke comes up to you and asks for an autograph
- you say no
- he throws a punch

I'm guessing the "you say no" bit has more to it Matt?

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
On Lee, he has had one good season (last year) in a long time. He is costly and has to try to hard to bowl quick which he stills seems obsessed to do and therefore sprays them everywhere. At least with Tait the batsman has no idea where its going because it comes out sideways at you.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, Shaun Tait and Brett Lee's pitch map looks like the results of a cluster bomb detonation.

Stuart Clark and Glenn McGraths more resemble(d) a tracer bullet.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ahhhh...then I may or may not refer to Symmo as D'arcy from now on...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
On Lee, he has had one good season (last year) in a long time. He is costly and has to try to hard to bowl quick which he stills seems obsessed to do and therefore sprays them everywhere. At least with Tait the batsman has no idea where its going because it comes out sideways at you.

I really don't think Tait will ever be a test bowler.. He can easily be one of the great one day bowlers though!! I think from now on end it is only down hill fro Binga now he seems to have fallen back into his old ways this summer.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

I really don't think Tait will ever be a test bowler.. He can easily be one of the great one day bowlers though!! I think from now on end it is only down hill fro Binga now he seems to have fallen back into his old ways this summer.

Oh I agree with you, I don't think Tait has what it takes to stay in our test team consistently just using him for comparison. I have disliked Binga for years, he tries too hard and gives away too many runs too quickly for not enough wickets. Would have loved to see Noffke in the side for his expense but after criticising the selectors I think he has done his dash.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How old is Noffke?? I think the selectors decided against him for the Indian tour due to his age but now after criticizing the selectors he has no chance of getting a run. Lee definitely goes for too many runs on most days, last summer he was on fire but seems to be back to bowling to full or to short this summer. Lee is a great one day bowler though..

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Mind you, I do think Hauritz is a better spinner than Krejza. We're in serious trouble when it comes to spinners.

I tell you what you, does anyone remember a Ryan Le Loux who played a couple of games for QLD? He seemed a good little spinner and I wouldn't mind seeing him getting more of a gig at a domestic level.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
I am guessing Chris Simpson may be a chance in the future, even though I think he is horrid! Took 6 or 7 wickets against NSW in the game just finished. His batting is a big worry though haha

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Will Ricky Ponting ever win a toss again? This is the question...

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
19 out of 51 its been apparently. Thats disgusting seeing as its 50-50 chance. He really should have won at least 25 maybe even more

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Jedhead
  • BooKhaki
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.