Australian summer of cricket 2009-10

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I have an overwhelming desire to go to a day of the Australia-West Indies Test at the Gabba. Haven't been to a day of Test cricket in years and would love to.

Anyone keen?

November 26 (Thursday) to 30 (Monday).

Thinking either taking Friday off work and go to day 2, or go Saturday for day 3. Very good chance it won't go 4 days! [icon_lol1.

If the Windies take any game into the 5th day without the help the rain, they could just about consider that a win.

Which is precisely why I'm keen for day 2 LOL

Exactly how badly have the wannabe USA mainlanders been going lately with their respective international fixtures?

I haven't been keeping up with their progress.

Well, the ICC rankings have them at 2nd last infront of the Bangers, which is probably an accurate indication of where they're at. Windies Cricket is a bit rooted at the moment.

They aren't all that bad at Hit 'n' Giggle though, so that may be the only place where we see a bit of decent contest.

Isn't there a wage dispute with West Indian cricket, which may mean that all their decent players may not be coming to Australia???

Did anyone else get those QLD Bulls season passes in the Ekka Show Bags?

ronnyd said:
Isn't there a wage dispute with West Indian cricket, which may mean that all their decent players may not be coming to Australia???

Yeah, I believe so. Seems to be ongoing issue over there and, talent aside, it wouldn't be doing them any favours with regards to their performances.

If the proper Windies side shows up with Gayle and Chanderpaul in the side they should put up a small fight. I expect all our quicks to get career best figures. Hauritz will hopefully get a few games.

This is going to be a boring series. Windies have nothing bar the occasional fireworks from Gayle.

Once Chanderpaul gets out the rest just collapse

If they don't settle the pay dispute before they come over this match could be honestly be over in 2 and a half days.

They got absolutely trounced by the Bangers, don't think they won a test or and one dayer? Could definitely get ugly against the Australians. Isn't their captain a near 40 year old batsman averaging about 15 who hasn't played a test in about the same amount of years?

My arse is too fat to be stuffed into one of those Gabba seats with the 3 inch ridges on either side perfectly dissecting each butt cheek.

Went to the cricket last year we were over for the League World Cup. NZ v Australia. Was piss boring...mainly because New Zealand crumbled, lack fo crowd, and we were hungover as shit.

He murders that song. I hope he wrote a letter of apology to The Mojo Singers.

Not the first time though...

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • mrslong
  • Bish
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • davidp
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • sooticus
  • bazza
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.