Australian tour of India

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
With the first test about a week away thought I'd start up a thread.

I can't see the Aussies winning the series (and maybe not even a test match?) considering the lack of experience and lack of quality bowling in the team at the moment.

Bryce McGain is out with injury. Apparently the spinners spot is going to Jason Krezja, who's barely even played 20 first class games.

And fingers crossed they drop Johnson for someone like Bollinger. Johnson sucks.

Johnson must suck he has a baggygreen!!! If Johnson doesn't perform in this test series he is gone... If he comes good and matures much like Lee did he could be lethal. We need some spinners ffs Kreza is poo so is McGain. Bring warney back.

How did Bollinger make this squad over Noffas? I know we need variety in the attack with the left arm bowler and what not but gee wiz thats a strange one. I'd think about Bracken before Bollinger too as well.

Is McGain out for sure? If so then we are really stuffed in the spin department. Krejza struggles to make his state team, no way he is internation quality. Whatever happened to Cullen Bailey and Dan Cullen, stuffed it big time when they had a massive chance to impress.

Casson's omission was a strange one also. I think he is injured but surely he would be first in line. I would also think about a guy like Hauritz just for something different.

We will struggle to get India out I think but hopefully our batting we save us. I think it will be a drawn series 1 test a piece

Watto out of the opening match...what a fricken surprise....not.

It's a shame about McGain. He looked the goods in state competiton, and I would put him up with the best spinners in the country (not much to choose from though). I really think Bollinger needs to play, but I doubt he will.

I really would have put Hilfenhaus in the team ahead of Siddle. Siddle is too much like Clarke, where as Hilfenhaus moves the ball a lot more, and has a bit of extra pace up his sleeve.

I don't know if anyone it following it, but the Aussies have the Indian PM's XI 3/59 after 19.3. Good start by the boys. Siddle just got his first wicket, Johnson and Clark have the others. Lee is 0/8 off 5.

I am following it... Kreza needs to get a few wickets in this game for me to be confident of his ability for th test matches. I can see Clarkey bowling plenty of overs this series.

Katich is back. Wooooooooo! _woohoo_

I know how much you hate that guy Beads. :mrgreen:

Why is Watto out? Dont tell me he is injured too? Looks like Katich got picked over him though I must say

Denny Crane said:
Katich is back. Wooooooooo! _woohoo_

I know how much you hate that guy Beads. :mrgreen:

He deserves to be back in the side.. I will take my medicine. He has always been a good test match batsmen but if I see him in the ODI team again I will neck myself!!! I think Katich is a far better option in India compared to Jaques.. Jaques can't play spin he proved that last summer against Sri lanka and India on quality wickets imagine how he would go on the mine fields in India.

Jeza23 said:
Why is Watto out? Dont tell me he is injured too? Looks like Katich got picked over him though I must say

He has a Virus.. he is so unlucky he must have walked under some ladders and smashed a few mirrors.

Beads6 said:
Jeza23 said:

He has a Virus.. he is so unlucky he must have walked under some ladders and smashed a few mirrors.

Wow fair enough! Must have had another dodgy vindaloo, like last time he was there :roll:

fenomeno said:
Krezja got torn up hahaha

He is garbage it is a disgrace that the selectors picked him ffs. He hasn't even played a full season of first class cricket. Casson, Cullen even Hauritz should have been there before him.

Beads6 said:
fenomeno said:
Krezja got torn up hahaha

He is garbage it is a disgrace that the selectors picked him ffs.

Agree. We shouldn't be playing a spinner just for the sake of it. I'd like to see this team for the first test..

Hayden, Jaques, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke, Katich, Haddin, Lee, Johnson, Clark, Bollinger

..no chance of it happening though.

We are currently getting carved a new one by the Indian presidents eleven!! Hussey is the only batsmen who has really stood up. Ponting and Haddin got decent scores though. We will really struggle this tour with no spinner

If Symonds was in the mix i'd probably be more comfortable using a combination of the part timers for spin, rather than the full time options that are available for the 1st Test - as odd as that sounds being in India.

Traditionally the Aussie quicks do more damage than our spinners anyway so I don;t see what the big deal is for this series in India. A few part timers like White, Clarke and Katich will get break through s a fair bit we just need our quicks to perform well.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.