CRICKET Australian tour of Pakistan

I look forward to us losing 6-7 wickets to LBW/bowled against balls that don't spin on this road.

Today will go either of 2 ways. They pull together for Rod and Warney and make a comeback or they will be 3/632 - dec.

Well I don’t see us batting today to be honest.
I'd be very surprised if we are. I imagine Pakis will try to bat for 2.5-3 days then bowl us out twice.

Is the pitch 100% to blame here? This shit is boring.

Carey misses an edge almost directly under his own nose, Aussies don't review.

I reckon Sweppo will get his debut next game mainly because Lyon has already bowled a shit ton of overs.

They'll want Sweppo there to even that out if they keep putting out the Pakistan M1 every match

I reckon Sweppo will get his debut next game mainly because Lyon has already bowled a shit ton of overs.

They'll want Sweppo there to even that out if they keep putting out the Pakistan M1 every match

I'd also love Inglis to replace Carey, he's been a massive disappointment so far.

Is the pitch 100% to blame here? This shit is boring.
Relatively I believe. Not being a sore loser but I’m not interested in watching a one sided affair where the toss leaves only one team with a chance of a positive result. But according to the commentators Australia has bowled better than the scoreboard suggests. Looking at the pitch it’s dead obvious there’s nothing in it. Probably a lesson to just produce natural tracks than trying to use drop in pitches from a very different climate and region.

Relatively I believe. Not being a sore loser but I’m not interested in watching a one sided affair where the toss leaves only one team with a chance of a positive result. But according to the commentators Australia has bowled better than the scoreboard suggests. Looking at the pitch it’s dead obvious there’s nothing in it. Probably a lesson to just produce natural tracks than trying to use drop in pitches from a very different climate and region.

No, you're right.

A good pitch should have something there for the bowlers early, if they're good enough they'll get their team into the game, it should never be a complete road from ball 1 of day 1.

Pakistan will score 550+ and we probably won't get half of that, not because of the pitch breaking up and it turning into a landmine, just the pressure of knowing you have to bat for a very very long time to even have a chance of drawing the game, winning it would be nearly out of the question (they'd have to come out in their 2nd inning and get rolled for under 100).

On this kind of pitch all the bowlers can do is just be hitting the stumps 95% of balls. None of this 4th/5h stump line... force the batsmen to play at everything and hope they make a mistake ... you miss we hit.

Surprised Head hasn't bowled more... not because he's threatening, but because you could pretty weel just get him to bowl it like a one dayer... mid on back and a deep square leg, and just fire it at the stumps and force them to play... slight bit of niggle from the pitch could beat the bat or they might try to take him down town and get caught

A world class bowling attack offering no threat whatsoever, despite keeping the runs down. Makes one think this is a horrible, horrible pitch.

A world class bowling attack offering no threat whatsoever, despite keeping the runs down. Makes one think this is a horrible, horrible pitch.
If the MCG pitch was rated poor a couple years back this one must be inline for a rating of piece-o-shit... first Pakistan test match in forever and they've thrown up a pitch to ensure they won't lose.

I wonder what might've been had the Aussies won the toss and they were staring down the barrel of a 450-500 run deficit for their first innings.

If the MCG pitch was rated poor a couple years back this one must be inline for a rating of piece-o-shit... first Pakistan test match in forever and they've thrown up a pitch to ensure they won't lose.

I wonder what might've been had the Aussies won the toss and they were staring down the barrel of a 450-500 run deficit for their first innings.
No one is losing the match, just the way they wanted it 😂

No one is losing the match, just the way they wanted it 😂
With the road that they've put out, they were basically just banking on them being able to bat for 2.5 days across 2 innings.

Gonna be a long boring draw this match.

Although I do suspect the Aussies will make an absolute meal of this deck and play all around straight ones that aren't turning

Just for the record, who are we going to blame when the Pakistan spinners run through our batting order twice on this pitch?

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.