CRICKET Australian tour of Pakistan

Yay a run out, that's the only way anything was happening.

Annnnnnnnd Carey drops a regulation edge. This guy needs to be dropped.

Annnnnnnnd Carey drops a regulation edge. This guy needs to be dropped.
Never should have been the keeper. I can’t say I saw it but if there was ever an excuse for a dropped catch as such circumstances it would be in your 6th straight session with 3 wickets to show.

Just for the record, who are we going to blame when the Pakistan spinners run through our batting order twice on this pitch?
The batsmen for missing straight ones at 95km/h

Never should have been the keeper. I can’t say I saw it but if there was ever an excuse for a dropped catch as such circumstances it would be in your 6th straight session with 3 wickets to show.
That is probably also when you definitely want your keeper to take it. Long periods of nothing happening only for him to shell a chance.... suggests a lack of concentration.

I think he dropped a catch on day 1 and also missed a stumping... if so that would be 3 wickets he's missed.

It would seem like he is doing everything he can to be dropped at the moment.

That is probably also when you definitely want your keeper to take it.

I think he dropped a catch on day 1 and also missed a stumping... if so that would be 3 wickets he's missed.

And it isn't like this is the first time its happened. Inglis is younger, likely better and with more upside.

And it isn't like this is the first time its happened. Inglis is younger, likely better and with more upside.
The selectors had to give Carey his opportunity after being the apprentice, but he's doing his best to bomb it.

Inglis performing well in the T20's against Sri Lanka means he's at least in the selectors minds as a guy that can perform when given an opportunity.

I don't think Carey gets dropped for the second test, but if he's dropping more chances then they could swing the axe for game 3... and even if they didn't he's doing himself no favours heading into more tests on the subcontinent.

That is probably also when you definitely want your keeper to take it. Long periods of nothing happening only for him to shell a chance.... suggests a lack of concentration.

Yeah I’m not making that excuse for him I fucken hate him as a player actually just strictly as an Australian player. Just saying they will make that excuse for him if the media and people start putting pressure on his selection. He hasn’t had a good game since the Gabba and when we have a ton of good gloveman who can also bat I don’t know why we feel the need to stick to the one who seems way past his best, is nowhere near the best gloveman and isn’t batting well. He is solving less problems than he is creating. Has to go.

Geez they'll be nervous if we get through the day none down

It's not a score that completely puts the game beyond doubt

That’s a fucken atrocious decision from Pakistan. Only explanation for that is the pitch is that fucken bad they need 3 days to try and get 20 wickets. I guess what does a draw really do for them in the first game. Don’t really think they can lose the game from here so probably not the worst decision.

Wow this guy's non-bowling arm does absolutely nothing.

These commentators are watching a different game

How is this not ideal for Australia?

Light fading, have to open with a casual off-spinner.. just as I say that, they're coming off, that's a shame. I would've thought half a dozen overs of spin would've taken the new ball shine off the ball for Afridi who I don't think will get much movement other than the initial swing with a new ball

Pakistan totally botched that.

They absolutely declared planning to put our openers under the microscope with a swinging ball in fading light

If they didn't plan to bowl at us in favourable conditions, how much longer do they bat? I reckon they've have loved another 80 runs just for that psychological edge

Strange declaration. They could have kept us in the field for 3 full days, would have been an ideal way to start the tour.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.