RUMOUR Axed captain Darius Boyd set to cop another demotion at Brisbane Broncos

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Well , I hope playing in the NRL isn't your benchmark either, as far as last years Broncos went?
it should absolutely be the bench mark, if they're not performing in the NRL drop them and give them directions to their ISC clubs training ground

NRL Player
it should absolutely be the bench mark, if they're not performing in the NRL drop them and give them directions to their ISC clubs training ground
Imagine the success we would have if the club had the guts to do it Bellamy/Putin/Military style.....Team list announced - the rest can piss off to ISC to prove your worth. No apologies, if you're not in the best 17, go cry over a cup of tea in your own time and fix it up.

Last edited:

berrigan

U18 Player
Brisbane
It is not the Broncos benchmark... They played Boyd and Macca all season , and they were hopeless .. in fact Boyd was downright embarrassing IN THE NRL, and was never dropped to ISC.... so that's not how the Broncos work clearly..

NRL Player
It is not the Broncos benchmark... They played Boyd and Macca all season , and they were hopeless .. in fact Boyd was downright embarrassing IN THE NRL, and was never dropped to ISC.... so that's not how the Broncos work clearly..
Yo troll, you know, and we all know - we had no one left to fill positions. It was casualty ward central come end of year.

Pub Steak

QCup Player
People are undervaluing wingers on here. In the modern game a winger is an essential metre maker after a decent kick from the oppositions half and in general when the forwards are tired. I hope Boyd is prepared to run straight and hard and make some metres. Also I can't see him getting a hand on Sivo or Addo-Carr (as examples of left wingers he would be facing off against). And as Wolfie said, competing for an aerial catch around the in goal is gonna be tricky. Also he doesn't get picked for just loyalty, he gets picked for experience which counts for a lot more than some of you give credit for. Hence the reason why so many of the young players stick up for him. There's more that goes into a five star meal than the ingredients.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
People are undervaluing wingers on here. In the modern game a winger is an essential metre maker after a decent kick from the oppositions half and in general when the forwards are tired. I hope Boyd is prepared to run straight and hard and make some metres. Also I can't see him getting a hand on Sivo or Addo-Carr (as examples of left wingers he would be facing off against). And as Wolfie said, competing for an aerial catch around the in goal is gonna be tricky. Also he doesn't get picked for just loyalty, he gets picked for experience which counts for a lot more than some of you give credit for. Hence the reason why so many of the young players stick up for him. There's more that goes into a five star meal than the ingredients.
I keep saying it, but i hope Boyd is only in our team on merit. Same for everyone.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I'm hoping so, I think there will be minimal changes in the first 4-5 weeks but after that it's probably open season. I still think Perese will force his way in this year though our centre depth is great.
Perese is the player I'm most excited to see how his development has gone for next year. He is great in attack, but if he hasn't improved his defence considerably he will be a complete liabilty in the NRL. In some ways it's a pity we can't ease him in the team as a winger. His skill set from watching him this year would suit that position more.

Reactions: 007

Morepudding

NRL Player
Perese is the player I'm most excited to see how his development has gone for next year. He is great in attack, but if he hasn't improved his defence considerably he will be a complete liabilty in the NRL. In some ways it's a pity we can't ease him in the team as a winger. His skill set from watching him this year would suit that position more.
same can be said about Coates. Looks really good in attack but he may as well be off the field in defence.

dazzat99

BRL Player
Yo troll, you know, and we all know - we had no one left to fill positions. It was casualty ward central come end of year.
We had a very well performed halfback called Troy Dargan - who was planning better the O'Sullivan if anything. Anyone would have been better at halfback than Boyd - who doesn't kick and doesn't organise.

NRL Player
Maybe thats on the cards? If he can be tought to use the sideline or inversely keep his man on the inside and have someone like Bird inside him it could work!

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I think in defence he would be ok on the wing, but if he hasnt upped his game defensivley in the centers i can see him struggling. The other issue he has is he is, judging him from this year, he favours playing left side, so he has to pretty much push Oates out of the side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter