RUMOUR Axed captain Darius Boyd set to cop another demotion at Brisbane Broncos

If somebody is outperforming him at training, I would hope that the Coach would put that person first.
It is a professional sport, and they already fudged around last year with him at positions he didn't do well at.
If he is performing at wing, then that'd be great ... but if it's a loyalty thing , just to have him in a spot?... then that is BS, because he's left for 2 other clubs in the past.
I doubt he's better than youngsters coming through , in that position, but would be happy to be incorrect.

training better not be your benchmark ... otherwise, we'll be stuck with Boyd and Macca for another 5 years

training better not be your benchmark ... otherwise, we'll be stuck with Boyd and Macca for another 5 years

Well , I hope playing in the NRL isn't your benchmark either, as far as last years Broncos went?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well , I hope playing in the NRL isn't your benchmark either, as far as last years Broncos went?

it should absolutely be the bench mark, if they're not performing in the NRL drop them and give them directions to their ISC clubs training ground

it should absolutely be the bench mark, if they're not performing in the NRL drop them and give them directions to their ISC clubs training ground

Imagine the success we would have if the club had the guts to do it Bellamy/Putin/Military style.....Team list announced - the rest can piss off to ISC to prove your worth. No apologies, if you're not in the best 17, go cry over a cup of tea in your own time and fix it up.

Last edited:
It is not the Broncos benchmark... They played Boyd and Macca all season , and they were hopeless .. in fact Boyd was downright embarrassing IN THE NRL, and was never dropped to ISC.... so that's not how the Broncos work clearly..

It is not the Broncos benchmark... They played Boyd and Macca all season , and they were hopeless .. in fact Boyd was downright embarrassing IN THE NRL, and was never dropped to ISC.... so that's not how the Broncos work clearly..

Yo troll, you know, and we all know - we had no one left to fill positions. It was casualty ward central come end of year.

Yo troll, you know, and we all know - we had no one left to fill positions. It was casualty ward central come end of year.
what about that Isaako guy people are keen on playing fullback?

That’s right, I forgot Boyd is as good as he used to be. Wonder why we don’t play him at fullback?

He doesnt need to be a top quality fullback if we stick him on the wing. Two very different positions.

what about that Isaako guy people are keen on playing fullback?

Isaako had a lot going on in his personal life last year, so maybe it was for the best that he wasnt put there?

People are undervaluing wingers on here. In the modern game a winger is an essential metre maker after a decent kick from the oppositions half and in general when the forwards are tired. I hope Boyd is prepared to run straight and hard and make some metres. Also I can't see him getting a hand on Sivo or Addo-Carr (as examples of left wingers he would be facing off against). And as Wolfie said, competing for an aerial catch around the in goal is gonna be tricky. Also he doesn't get picked for just loyalty, he gets picked for experience which counts for a lot more than some of you give credit for. Hence the reason why so many of the young players stick up for him. There's more that goes into a five star meal than the ingredients.

People are undervaluing wingers on here. In the modern game a winger is an essential metre maker after a decent kick from the oppositions half and in general when the forwards are tired. I hope Boyd is prepared to run straight and hard and make some metres. Also I can't see him getting a hand on Sivo or Addo-Carr (as examples of left wingers he would be facing off against). And as Wolfie said, competing for an aerial catch around the in goal is gonna be tricky. Also he doesn't get picked for just loyalty, he gets picked for experience which counts for a lot more than some of you give credit for. Hence the reason why so many of the young players stick up for him. There's more that goes into a five star meal than the ingredients.

I keep saying it, but i hope Boyd is only in our team on merit. Same for everyone.

I keep saying it, but i hope Boyd is only in our team on merit. Same for everyone.
You would hope that there has been a follow up discussion with all of those that had a `frank' discussion at the end of last year to reinfoerce the message that for everyone it is perform or perish.

You would think that after the debacle of last year Seibs will only pick players on form.

I'm hoping so, I think there will be minimal changes in the first 4-5 weeks but after that it's probably open season. I still think Perese will force his way in this year though our centre depth is great.

I'm hoping so, I think there will be minimal changes in the first 4-5 weeks but after that it's probably open season. I still think Perese will force his way in this year though our centre depth is great.

Perese is the player I'm most excited to see how his development has gone for next year. He is great in attack, but if he hasn't improved his defence considerably he will be a complete liabilty in the NRL. In some ways it's a pity we can't ease him in the team as a winger. His skill set from watching him this year would suit that position more.

Perese is the player I'm most excited to see how his development has gone for next year. He is great in attack, but if he hasn't improved his defence considerably he will be a complete liabilty in the NRL. In some ways it's a pity we can't ease him in the team as a winger. His skill set from watching him this year would suit that position more.
same can be said about Coates. Looks really good in attack but he may as well be off the field in defence.

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.