NEWS Badel: Boyd never considered quitting

I think Boyd would be best suited to centre, rather than wing.

I would not be opposed to Bird starting on the bench as a utility. I don’t care what we’re paying him. He’s coming back from injury anyway.. It was obvious last year that we should have taken more caution with his fitness and form.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft

14. Bird

I think Boyd would be best suited to centre, rather than wing.

I would not be opposed to Bird starting on the bench as a utility. I don’t care what we’re paying him. He’s coming back from injury anyway.. It was obvious last year that we should have taken more caution with his fitness and form.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft

14. Bird
Personally i don't see boyd being in the best 17 imo bird is a better option at center and farnworth albeit young has more of an upside than someone who based on last years performance isn't up to first grade standards.That being said i fully expect him to be named on the wing.

Boyd would be a disaster in the centres, we already know he can't defend laterally. His man would consistently get on his outside causing 2 on 1 ovelaps. Wing is all that's left for him, I expect he'll last 3-5 games before being dropped(fingers crossed).

Seibold is going to swing his dick round one and name a 17 devoid of Boyd. What a statement that will make.

Personally i don't see boyd being in the best 17 imo bird is a better option at center and farnworth albeit young has more of an upside than someone who based on last years performance isn't up to first grade standards.That being said i fully expect him to be named on the wing.

Don’t get me wrong. I would have loved for Boyd to be dropped a couple of years ago.

Assuming it isn’t happening I believe that him and Oates on the left edge would be a formidable combination.

We have to get our team cohesion right.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai
17. Ofahengaue

Seibold is going to swing his dick round one and name a 17 devoid of Boyd. What a statement that will make.

"Darius Boyd is being scapegoated by a club that has no idea what it's doing!" - Paul Kent.

Boyd would be a disaster in the centres, we already know he can't defend laterally. His man would consistently get on his outside causing 2 on 1 ovelaps. Wing is all that's left for him, I expect he'll last 3-5 games before being dropped(fingers crossed).

If he is dropped after 3-5 games that would mean we’re on a losing streak because if the team is winning he isn’t getting dropped. That’s going to be another miserable start to the season

If there's any truth to it at all (And I highly doubt it), it's because Boyd caught wind of his demotion to the wing and immediately cracked the shits and wanted a more important position (and he was never going back into the spine, so the next best thing for him is Centre). In other words, he's making demands when he is in no position to be making them, and is quite happy to screw one of Staggs or Bird in order to get there.

This is why he should have been straight up dropped, then he can whine in somebody else's ear about how "unfairly treated" he was.

well to be fair, the Broncos are usually scapegoated by nrl ‘journalists’ who have no idea what they’re doing.

Broncos have one of the biggest fan bases - Hence journos get more clicks on their crappy articles if they mention the Broncos

If there's any truth to it at all (And I highly doubt it), it's because Boyd caught wind of his demotion to the wing and immediately cracked the shits and wanted a more important position (and he was never going back into the spine, so the next best thing for him is Centre). In other words, he's making demands when he is in no position to be making them, and is quite happy to screw one of Staggs or Bird in order to get there.

This is why he should have been straight up dropped, then he can whine in somebody else's ear about how "unfairly treated" he was.
Strange post!

You start with an implausible story to which you give little credibility and end up with Boyd should be dropped!

You went from conjecture and rumour to stone cold claims that Boyd was angry and making demands. That's what an agenda does to logical thinking.

Strange post!

You start with an implausible story to which you give little credibility and end up with Boyd should be dropped!

You went from conjecture and rumour to stone cold claims that Boyd was angry and making demands. That's what an agenda does to logical thinking.

If there's any truth to it at all (And I highly doubt it)

How is that "stone cold claims"?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • mrslong
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Spoon
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tmac
  • Porthoz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Midean
  • heartly87
  • Brotherdu
  • BooKhaki
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.