NEWS Badel: Boyd never considered quitting

I did, and it came across as more inane bitching about a harmless forum post full of speculation.
More? Yes, it was full of speculation but that's not the point is it? You don't say, if 'it's true' or 'if that's the facts' then etc etc. Nope, you write as though it was fact. You seem to jump from saying something is very likely pure speculation and end up with Boyd dropped. That's you working something up out of nothing...the very thing everyone on here condemns journalists for. You slagged him off without merit. Agendas see?

I really can't see Boyd playing a full season at centre or even wing for that matter. He will literally burn trying to compete for 25 rounds. Its a bloody big season and it doesn't take long for the good teams to learn how to exploit players in these positions.
I don't even think having our talented young backs waiting in the flanks breathing down his neck would be enough pressure for him to compete at the highest level. I used to be a big Darbs fan but after the last couple seasons I think he has overcooked the chook. Id love to see him prove me wrong but id hate more to see him fail

What are the chances of Boyd playing round one, going down after 20 with a mysterious knee injury, and the club announcing a week later that its a season-ending ACL?

A perfect plan to relieve the club of an over-paid yesterday's man,.

What are the chances of Boyd playing round one, going down after 20 with a mysterious knee injury, and the club announcing a week later that its a season-ending ACL?

A perfect plan to relieve the club of an over-paid yesterday's man,.

Good old Pete Badel who reads this forum will find this post, then use it as a massive inside scoop and leak it to the NRL that it was a planned injury and Greenturd would then deny the claim.

Boyd can't be on the left with oates. The time he played there he was useless. Oates isn't a strong defender either. Having two brainless numpties next to each other will open the floodgates for the opposition. Boyd is either wing, or not in the team at all, preferably the latter.

If oates doesn't perform over the opening month, i'd look at dropping him and giving Boyd the left wing spot if that is his preferred side. Hopefully Oates improves but he was close to the worst winger in the comp for the back half of 2019.

I really can't see Boyd playing a full season at centre or even wing for that matter. He will literally burn trying to compete for 25 rounds. Its a bloody big season and it doesn't take long for the good teams to learn how to exploit players in these positions.
I don't even think having our talented young backs waiting in the flanks breathing down his neck would be enough pressure for him to compete at the highest level. I used to be a big Darbs fan but after the last couple seasons I think he has overcooked the chook. Id love to see him prove me wrong but id hate more to see him fail
I have no doubt that Boyd will handle the wing position with ease. If anything it will make him look good. Defensively he will struggle like ALL the wingers will with the new rule but I have great faith in Boyd adapting. I think he will surprise quite a few on here with a much lighter defensive workload keeping him fresh.

I have no doubt that Boyd will handle the wing position with ease. If anything it will make him look good. Defensively he will struggle like ALL the wingers will with the new rule but I have great faith in Boyd adapting. I think he will surprise quite a few on here with a much lighter defensive workload keeping him fresh.

I like your optimism, but hes cooked. He was cooked early this season.

If I was having Boyd in the side, I would prefer him at centre and put a better finisher on the wing.

Bird would move to fullback.

I know it’s been said a number of times, but the best 17 should be selected.

If Boyd is no longer up to it, which in my opinion the last 18 months has demonstrated a clear and absolute ‘no’, there should be no shuffling the cards around to get him on the field.

It’s ridiculous that the idea is even entertained. It’s almost as though he’s holding the club to ransom.

And honestly, it’s not like we don’t have other players who can do the same job if given 12 months (like Boyd was in season 2019) to prove themselves.

Given what he’s dished up the last 30 odd rounds; it makes my blood boil thinking Boyd will be out there putting in the same sub-standard performances while some young buck, who is busting their ass at training (like Herbie for instance), will be toiling away in QCup, possibly attracting interest from other clubs.

Of course, I hope Boyd can come out and prove me wrong, but gees that’s a long shot.

If Boyd is no longer up to it, which in my opinion the last 18 months has demonstrated a clear and absolute ‘no’, there should be no shuffling the cards around to get him on the field.

It’s ridiculous that the idea is even entertained. It’s almost as though he’s holding the club to ransom.

And honestly, it’s not like we don’t have other players who can do the same job if given 12 months (like Boyd was in season 2019) to prove themselves.

Given what he’s dished up the last 30 odd rounds; it makes my blood boil thinking Boyd will be out there putting in the same sub-standard performances while some young buck, who is busting their ass at training (like Herbie for instance), will be toiling away in QCup, possibly attracting interest from other clubs.

Of course, I hope Boyd can come out and prove me wrong, but gees that’s a long shot.
You'll be angry at the wrong person if Boyd is being selected while we have better options. Seibold should be the target of your wrath. Perhaps it would be better to simply wait and see what transpires and then it might be time to boil your blood. You're cranky about something that hasn't even happened!

You can only judge what happens in 2020 from the trials and how they are going in 2020 form wise. Their previous form is now totally irrelevant. Every Broncos contracted player should be given the same opportunity for next year. It would be stupidity to write off Boyd, or anyone for that matter at this moment in time based on the past.

Your training argument about players busting their ass could be a very flawed argument if thats all we go off as well. Boyd and Macca for example are two of our best trainers, so where would that leave us? The only common sense and practical approach is to let the trial form dictate who plays in round one.

It’s a possibility that Seibold just doesn’t think Farnworth and Coates are quite ready for first grade yet and based on their overall performances, I think he is right. Coates especially.

It sounds like he is going to give them another season in the ISC with some game time during the Origin period before he considers playing them in the first grade squad full time.

It’s a possibility that Seibold just doesn’t think Farnworth and Coates are quite ready for first grade yet and based on their overall performances, I think he is right. Coates especially.

It sounds like he is going to give them another season in the ISC with some game time during the Origin period before he considers playing them in the first grade squad full time.
You may be right but I thought farnsworth in particular looked 1st grade ready. Even if siebold believes him not, I still believe there is a good case for moving Oates into the 2nd row.
We are deficient there with the retirement of gillet and whilst we have the numbers with everyone fit, injuries can soon change that.
Both boyd, Isaako and Kahu can play there so we already have plenty of options and whilst none can give the impetus of Oates in those initial hit ups they each come with a variety skills that are superior.
Both boyd and Kahu are safe under the high ball and can pass, whilst Isaako is incredibly dangerous in open space (a fact never fully utilised with our halves last year, and a positive with him moving to fullback).
All three are good finishers, whilst Boyd and Kahu both read the game well defensively.
Oates is an outstanding winger in form, but his form was shaky last year.
He will need to make the transition anyway and if it is this year he will have the likes of Glenn to mentor him. Next year we might likely have a relatively inexperienced back row, none of which could really fulfill that mentoring role.

You'll be angry at the wrong person if Boyd is being selected while we have better options. Seibold should be the target of your wrath. Perhaps it would be better to simply wait and see what transpires and then it might be time to boil your blood. You're cranky about something that hasn't even happened!
My comment is more around people floating ideas of moving this player here and that player there so that a position can be found for Boyd.

Given how poorly he has performed over the last 18 months, I personally think it’s ludicrous to think that’s even a possibility.

You’re probably right about directing the ire at Seibold though, in a perfect world he is the one responsible for selecting players.

But for my own reasons, which I will not divulge on here, I do believe he is hamstring as to how much freedom he truly has with selections.

My comment is more around people floating ideas of moving this player here and that player there so that a position can be found for Boyd.

Given how poorly he has performed over the last 18 months, I personally think it’s ludicrous to think that’s even a possibility.

You’re probably right about directing the ire at Seibold though, in a perfect world he is the one responsible for selecting players.

But for my own reasons, which I will not divulge on here, I do believe he is hamstring as to how much freedom he truly has with selections.

Any person of substance would walk away from a job where he is either a puppet or being restricted by others not allowing him to do the job to the best of his ability. I dont believe its the case with Seibold personally. It could cost him his job and nobody with any brains would take the risk of ruining their reputation by taking a job under those circumstances. Its not like if we sack him he can complain about it if thats the terms he has been willing to work under.

You can only judge what happens in 2020 from the trials and how they are going in 2020 form wise. Their previous form is now totally irrelevant. Every Broncos contracted player should be given the same opportunity for next year. It would be stupidity to write off Boyd, or anyone for that matter at this moment in time based on the past.

Your training argument about players busting their ass could be a very flawed argument if thats all we go off as well. Boyd and Macca for example are two of our best trainers, so where would that leave us? The only common sense and practical approach is to let the trial form dictate who plays in round one.
You’re suggesting we ignore the form over the previous 18 months of a player that has a recent history of serious injuries and will be 33 before the 2020 season is over?

Please be honest and tell me; does that point to a player on the cusp of a career resurgence? If so, name one player that has got to the pointy end of their career, been riddled with injury, performed very poorly for more than an entire season and then come out and turned it all around?

I do agree though, your point is worth considering if we were discussing a player in the early to middle point of their career with no history of injuries who simply had a poor final 10 or so rounds of the season. But Boyd is not that player, not even close.

As for your remark about training. Like I said in my previous post, Boyd (and Macca) have had the last 18 months (12 for Macca) to prove what they have to offer and they’ve done exactly that - what they offer is nothing.

I personally think it’s time to move on and give someone else the same amount of latitude to prove what they can do, not persist with the same old garbage.

After all, as someone much wiser than me said, the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

But, if I am proven wrong, please do remind me of this discussion, as I will be happy to acknowledge that I was wrong.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.