NEWS Badel: Seibold won't send Darius to QLD Cup

Well actually I wrote an essay to lynx earlier in the thread, so I'm just repeating myself at this point. For the sake of clarity, I would say that Boyd didn't deserved to be dropped until he was demoted to five-eighth at which point it was the middle of the Origin period and the club was light on options.

Also, Kahu was worse than Boyd this season. To me that highlights the issue because technically Seibs could have moved anyone to fullback or five-eighth, but based on what we saw this season, they wouldn't have changed anything for the better.

I'd disagree about Kahu if we played him at fullback, and I'd disagree we couldn't have done better than Boyd at either fullback or five eigth. We had natural halves even if they weren't world beaters who would have offered more.

I'd disagree about Kahu if we played him at fullback, and I'd disagree we couldn't have done better than Boyd at either fullback or five eigth. We had natural halves even if they weren't world beaters who would have offered more.
Kahu is rubbish, but honestly it would have been virtually impossible to be statistically worse than Boyd at Fullback this season.

Kahu is rubbish, but honestly it would have been virtually impossible to be statistically worse than Boyd at Fullback this season.

If there's one thing Kahu knows how to do, it's sucking.

I wouldn't write him off as being worse than Boyd at Fullback. He'd give it a fair shake. At least Darius was making reasonable metres out of our own end last season, Kahu jogs forward 5 metres and gets rag dolled back 10 metres nearly every hit-up.

If there's one thing Kahu knows how to do, it's sucking.

I wouldn't write him off as being worse than Boyd at Fullback. He'd give it a fair shake. At least Darius was making reasonable metres out of our own end last season, Kahu jogs forward 5 metres and gets rag dolled back 10 metres nearly every hit-up.
In 13 games at Fullback he failed to cross three figures in running metres on 5 occasions. That's being kind and not including the game he ran for 108 metres, and the 4 other games where he ran for 120 metres or below. He was so dismal that Kahu being worse would be virtually impossible statistically, but you're right, it is Kahu after all.

1.MCK
2.Roberts.
3.Tedesco
4. In the same game standing there and watching a Roosters player score from a metre or 2 away
5.Turning his back on a bomb vs Eels
6. Not attacking a grubber vs Souths, I could make a case for this happening twice in this game, he fell over again the other time but I'll stick to the one.
7. Falling for a dummy to nobody instead of attempting to tackle the Storm front rower.

That list took a minute to come up with and was off the top of my head, if I went through the tribute thread again I reckon I could easily double the list. I know for a fact there are a few more occasions where he took the softest option every time by attempting intercept instead of a tackle which was the correct option, I also consider those non-efforts.
I can add the the two times he simply laid on his belly instead of taking a tackle. I believe it was against the Knights. I was so pissed it was the thing that really put me off him.

In 13 games at Fullback he failed to cross three figures in running metres on 5 occasions. That's being kind and not including the game he ran for 108 metres, and the 4 other games where he ran for 120 metres or below. He was so dismal that Kahu being worse would be virtually impossible statistically, but you're right, it is Kahu after all.

In Kahu's 7 games at Fullback he didn't surpass 100 metres 3 times, also only had 1 try, 1 line-break & 0 try assists.

It's really a battle of the cripples, they were almost certainly the 2 worst Fullbacks in the game statistically in 2019. Darius only had 1 try, 2 line-breaks & 4 try assists in 14 games at Fullback lol, that's soooo bad.

In Kahu's 7 games at Fullback he didn't surpass 100 metres 3 times, also only had 1 try, 1 line-break & 0 try assists.

It's really a battle of the cripples, they were almost certainly the 2 worst Fullbacks in the game statistically in 2019. Darius only had 1 try, 2 line-breaks & 4 try assists in 14 games at Fullback lol, that's soooo bad.
You could probably make the argument that Kahu was in a worse team overall so that didn't help his cause, but yeah, in general, these two were absolute duds relative to every other club's Fullback options.

I can add the the two times he simply laid on his belly instead of taking a tackle. I believe it was against the Knights. I was so pissed it was the thing that really put me off him.
Well we have comfortably hit the double digit mark then.

You could probably make the argument that Kahu was in a worse team overall so that didn't help his cause, but yeah, in general, these two were absolute duds relative to every other club's Fullback options.
And now they're both all ours.

tenor.gif

Well we have comfortably hit the double digit mark then.

And now they're both all ours.

tenor.gif

Yep and on a combined salary in the region of $1.1 million on the cap to boot...

Free that space up in 2021 to bring in a Ponga and once Niko career stalls in NZ, woo him back as a 14 using Macca’s money and we are pretty much set.

I'm not sure the effort of the other 2 was any better BP. I totally get people having a pop at Boyd. He doesn't make things easy for himself, and a lot of the things he does have a very bad look to them you would have to be blind to think otherwise. At the same time though, I know ( as would you and a lot of others on here ) that if a player wasn't giving 100% or if a player was deliberately not trying, his team mates would be the first to turn on that player. In a team environment, that sort of thing isn't tolerated, yet they all back Darius, so I doubt very much he isn't trying, he just isn't a good footballer these days.

Mate, I appreciate you playing devils advocate for Boyd. I guess some one has too.

But one of those players is a 19 year old, prop of the year rookie, who churns our 200+m a game, is on about half his market price, and hasn’t played in a game for us where he wasn’t in our top 3.

Boyd is one of our highest paid, most experienced, and captain, and he has a low light reel that is arguably approaching the worst in the history of the NRL. He does something similar to this what seems like once every two games.

On that spectrum Lodge is more Haas than Boyd.

If you can’t admit to understanding why Boyd is crucified for this, and Haas doesn’t cop more than a “he should’ve done a better job” I think you are being dishonest.

Widdop achieved nothing as captain, at least Boyd helped lead the club into the finals.

You are joking right, captain cripple did ****-all :rofl
Haas, Fifita, TPJ and Turpin dragged our asses into the finals.

Well the Cowboys did play Kahu at fullback and he was a disappointment. Being generous he was on par with Boyd, but given how little he involved himself, I would argue he was worse.

GamesTriesRunsMetresKick ReturnPost-ContactLBLBATATackle-BreaksOffloadsPassesReceiptsKicksErrorsPenalties
Darius Boyd
14​
1​
13.2​
113.9​
49.8​
23.6​
2​
5​
4​
29​
4​
21.4​
34.1​
9​
10​
2​
Jordan Kahu
7​
1​
11.3​
111.9​
68​
24.6​
2​
0​
0​
11​
0​
4.9​
17​
0​
6​
0​

Unfortunately the Broncos now have both on their roster.

'Natural halves' who were either injured or on the outer at the club. Realistially, they weren't viable options at that time.

Mate, I appreciate you playing devils advocate for Boyd. I guess some one has too.
…….
If you can’t admit to understanding why Boyd is crucified for this, and Haas doesn’t cop more than a “he should’ve done a better job” I think you are being dishonest.

Agree, the better word would be 'delusional'

You are joking right, captain cripple did ****-all :rofl
Haas, Fifita, TPJ and Turpin dragged our asses into the finals.

I'm not saying Boyd was the secret behind the success, just that he achieved more as captain than Widdop. It's not exactly difficult and was more as an aside than anything.

I'm not saying Boyd was the secret behind the success, just that he achieved more as captain than Widdop. It's not exactly difficult and was more as an aside than anything.

A better comparison would have been Tim Mannah of the Eels. Same zero on field leadership and zero playing effect. Widdop is a gun, injuries let him down coupled with team JDB saga.
Poor Tim, cast aside be Brad Arthur after 10 games. No fan backlash, and has not been mentioned by the media end on end like our illustrious leader.
Arthur 58 - Seibold 0

Last edited:
A better comparison would have been Tim Mannah of the Eels. Same zero on field leadership and zero playing effect on the field.
Poor Tim, cast aside be Brad Arthur after 10 games. No fan backlash, and has not been mentioned by the media end on end like our illustrious leader.
Arthur 58 - Seibold 0

Well you can add him to the list, but what Arthur had to contend with versus what Seibold did is apples to oranges.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Boyds excuse for his lack of effort and commitment is, he hasn't lost the respect of his team mates, therefore he had to be giving it everything he had in these situations being discussed?? Lmfao

This excuse is gaining popularity it seems. I wonder if it will become as popular as, Milf needs an organising halves partner in order to play his best footy 🤔

If I was to guess as to why the playing group has not turned on Darius, I would think it might have something to do with our young, impressionable team and Darius being our Oldest, most experienced and likely most respected player within the team.

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • heartly87
  • BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky field goal
  • Ejbroncos
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • IceWorks
  • Griffo
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • broncos4life
  • Thelmus
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.