BBL|10 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe that is what I said, but you’re entitled to interpret it how you like.

Honestly though, this discussion is going nowhere fast, as it’s subjective and a matter of opinion only. The only support I can throw behind my opinion is that the Australian selectors seemingly agree with my assessment of Burns’ credentials as a T20 batsman. That’s not meant to be a half-smart middle finger to you either, it’s just a fact.

I’ve also already stated why I would persevere with Heazlett (and of course I could be a wrong), so I don’t know what else you want me to say. Before Burns’ innings last night, neither were worth feeding on recent form, so you could just as easily flip a coin.
Unfortunately using the selectors as a measure for a players ability over another is not the best tool. I’m sure we can agree that the selectors’ decisions at times are baffling (at best).
I never said that Burns should have ever been selected in an Aussie T20 team. Just that he is under-rated as a T20 batsman and his record shows that. Heazlett has been mediocre (at best) for the Heat, over a quarter of his runs come from just 3 innings (out of 31!). Burns should be picked ahead of him every time, unless there is a massive run of poor form from Burns or conversely a massive improvement in Heazlett’s form.

Unfortunately using the selectors as a measure for a players ability over another is not the best tool. I’m sure we can agree that the selectors’ decisions at times are baffling (at best).
I never said that Burns should have ever been selected in an Aussie T20 team. Just that he is under-rated as a T20 batsman and his record shows that. Heazlett has been mediocre (at best) for the Heat, over a quarter of his runs come from just 3 innings (out of 31!). Burns should be picked ahead of him every time, unless there is a massive run of poor form from Burns or conversely a massive improvement in Heazlett’s form.
As I said, this discussion is going nowhere fast.

I get it, you would select Burns. But unless he keeps batting how he did last night, I wouldn’t. What else is there to say?

You proved me wrong (I guess I should have known from your name), Burns can score quickly, albeit these instances are very much the exception rather than the rule. So if the outlier innings make his game well-suited to T20, then colour me surprised.

What I don’t understand is that you go on to state a massive run of poor form as the only reason to drop Burns, yet (sans Burns’ innings last night) seemingly disregard his recent very poor form leading to his axing from the Test team and his atrocious form across BBL08, 09 and his first and only other innings of 10.

If I am meant to take away from that that his most recent 2 years of poor BBL form is not sufficient reason to drop him, but 2 innings he played in 2013 and one in 2017 that show he is capable of scoring quickly is reason to keep him in the team; then quite simply, we are never going to agree.

Last edited:
Matt Renshaw and Kane Richardson having a bit of a verbal tiff out there, interesting.

Isa...god damn!

Jhye Richardson is bowling great. Hurrying up batsmen every time he bowls. Get him in all 3 Aussie squads going forward.

Jhye Richardson is bowling great. Hurrying up batsmen every time he bowls. Get him in all 3 Aussie squads going forward.

I'd have him in the test side, he is just such a gun and no, I don't know who in the test side for.

I'd have him in the test side, he is just such a gun and no, I don't know who in the test side for.
If Siddle at 50 years old can keep Starc out of an Ashes series he’s gotta be a chance of picking up some games.

Sangha - This kid is SOOO promising. I haven't seen an Aussie leggie who can spin it big both ways since MacGill.

Sangha - This kid is SOOO promising. I haven't seen an Aussie leggie who can spin it big both ways since MacGill.
He could be anything. I would like to see him play some shield cricket but there's no doubt he's got a promising future in t20 comps around the world. It is just a completely different ball game to get batsmen out that aren't trying to slog you every ball.

That said, he will likely have plenty of success because our first class batsmen are rubbish against spin.

Well thanks for coming Denly.

Well thanks for coming Denly.

Yeah the Heat don't do well with overseas batsmen. I don't mind Bryant getting out there, he sure gave it a mighty whack and it took some catching.

He could be anything. I would like to see him play some shield cricket but there's no doubt he's got a promising future in t20 comps around the world. It is just a completely different ball game to get batsmen out that aren't trying to slog you every ball.

That said, he will likely have plenty of success because our first class batsmen are rubbish against spin.

I agree, no idea how he will go in FC but he has a lot of weapons going for him. He does spray them a bit, so it will be interesting to see if he can control his lines and lengths (which is extremely hard for any leggie), he will be an absolute gun.

Think I saw Thurston in the crowd in a Heat jersey.

Burnsy - in the form of his life.

Stars chasing 130 off 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • DrGee
  • Volvo Driver
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.