BBL|10 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That top three is as always going to be rocks and diamonds but one days where they fire it is going to be fun!

Yep, I'm really hoping we have a bounce back season from Bryant. He looked out of a shape and out of patience for the majority of last season, needs to get his act together.

There's the genuine fast bowler.

Wait...he can sign as a domestic even though he isn’t a passport holder?

Wait...he can sign as a domestic even though he isn’t a passport holder?

While citizenship appears out of reach in the short term, he could qualify as a local player in time for BBL|10 if he can secure permanent residency.

A permanent resident can be approved as a local if Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers Association are satisfied the player is "dedicated to becoming eligible to represent Australia … and will not seek or agree to represent any other ICC Full Member".

With the involvement of a state or BBL club, CA can assist with a player's application for permanent residency, which could see the application approved in 12 months from the time the relevant paperwork is lodged.

While citizenship appears out of reach in the short term, he could qualify as a local player in time for BBL|10 if he can secure permanent residency.

A permanent resident can be approved as a local if Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers Association are satisfied the player is "dedicated to becoming eligible to represent Australia … and will not seek or agree to represent any other ICC Full Member".

With the involvement of a state or BBL club, CA can assist with a player's application for permanent residency, which could see the application approved in 12 months from the time the relevant paperwork is lodged.

So I assume then he must have already been given PR and met the criteria etc to be announced as a domestic player.

So I assume then he must have already been given PR and met the criteria etc to be announced as a domestic player.

Yeah we wouldn't be announcing him as a domestic player if he wasn't.

I also didn't realise that BBL teams are allowed 3 international players per game now, so we can theoretically play Banton, Mujeeb, Gregory & Morkel every game this season.

I rate our chances quite highly this season, especially if Lynn & Bryant can re-capture some form.

Yeah we wouldn't be announcing him as a domestic player if he wasn't.

I also didn't realise that BBL teams are allowed 3 international players per game now, so we can theoretically play Banton, Mujeeb, Gregory & Morkel every game this season.

I rate our chances quite highly this season, especially if Lynn & Bryant can re-capture some form.

It looked promising with AB coming in as well and look how they all turned out. Let’s wait and see, this teams has an amazing ability to under-achieve.

It looked promising with AB coming in as well and look how they all turned out. Let’s wait and see, this teams has an amazing ability to under-achieve.

Yeah, we do love to underperform.

I'm quite high on the Lewis Gregory signing, I was speaking to a guy who works for the Bulls/Heat in a developmental role on Melbourne Cup day, he said they've been keeping tabs on him for quite a while. They believe he's good enough to bowl the death overs in tandem with Laughlin, whilst also being similarly as damaging as Cutting with the bat, both have a career strike rate of 150 odd, except Gregory has done it on bowler friendly pitches his whole career.

He can be a bit expensive with the ball, but from what I'm told that's because his role in his domestic T20 sides is usually to try and get wickets, not to bowl economic death overs. Far better strike rate w/ the ball than Cutting, and still better economically.

Yeah, we do love to underperform.

I'm quite high on the Lewis Gregory signing, I was speaking to a guy who works for the Bulls/Heat in a developmental role on Melbourne Cup day, he said they've been keeping tabs on him for quite a while. They believe he's good enough to bowl the death overs in tandem with Laughlin, whilst also being similarly as damaging as Cutting with the bat, both have a career strike rate of 150 odd, except Gregory has done it on bowler friendly pitches his whole career.

He can be a bit expensive with the ball, but from what I'm told that's because his role in his domestic T20 sides is usually to try and get wickets, not to bowl economic death overs. Far better strike rate w/ the ball than Cutting, and still better economically.

Hehe he really does sound like Cutting 2.0 in every single way.

Lalor and Georgia’s brother not retained for this season

Looks like we're getting a lot of English batsmen in the BBL this Summer

Heat - Tom Banton & Lewis Gregory
Strikers - Phil Salt
Hurricanes - Dawid Malan
Renegades - N/A
Stars - Jonny Bairstow
Scorchers - Jason Roy & Liam Livingstone
Sixers - James Vince
Thunder - Alex Hales & Sam Billings

Potentially still to sign - Eoin Morgan
Likely unavailable due to Test duties - Joe Root, Jos Buttler, Joe Denly & Ben Stokes

Looks like we're getting a lot of English batsmen in the BBL this Summer

Heat - Tom Banton & Lewis Gregory
Strikers - Phil Salt
Hurricanes - Dawid Malan
Renegades - N/A
Stars - Jonny Bairstow
Scorchers - Jason Roy & Liam Livingstone
Sixers - James Vince
Thunder - Alex Hales & Sam Billings

Potentially still to sign - Eoin Morgan
Likely unavailable due to Test duties - Joe Root, Jos Buttler, Joe Denly & Ben Stokes

Interesting, you'd think Bairstow, Roy and Vince, even Malan would be a part of a test squad too given how big they need to be during COVID times.

Interesting, you'd think Bairstow, Roy and Vince, even Malan would be a part of a test squad too given how big they need to be during COVID times.

Yeah I'm not sure tbh, I just read that in an article that they were unlikely to play BBL this season due to the restructuring of England's test schedule.

I don't think any of those guys were in England's most recent Test squad btw.

This was their squad vs Pakistan in August 2020 -

Joe Root (c), James Anderson, Jofra Archer, Dominic Bess, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Zak Crawley, Sam Curran, Ollie Pope, Dom Sibley, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

Reserve players: James Bracey, Ben Foakes, Jack Leach, Dan Lawrence

Heazlett 3 year deal
Steketee & Peirson 2 year deals

So is Lalor pretty much gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncos Maestro
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Wild Horse
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrRobot
  • Astro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.