BBL|10 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Figured I'd make one of these threads now that the signings have started for the upcoming season.

Only 2 internationals have signed on so far for next season, Tom Banton with the Heat and Tom Curran with the Sixers.

On the Brisbane Heat front, apparently Renshaw (Strikers), Pattinson (Renegades) and Cutting (Thunder) are all moving on.

Currently signed on: Banton, Bryant, Burns, Kuhnemann, Laughlin, Lynn, Peirson, Swepson.

I'll be interested to see what we do with the remaining roster spots, I assume we'll be bringing de Villiers back over if he's keen. We REALLY need to improve our domestic players if we want to go anywhere in the competition.

Figured I'd make one of these threads now that the signings have started for the upcoming season.

Only 2 internationals have signed on so far for next season, Tom Banton with the Heat and Tom Curran with the Sixers.

On the Brisbane Heat front, apparently Renshaw (Strikers), Pattinson (Renegades) and Cutting (Thunder) are all moving on.

Currently signed on: Banton, Bryant, Burns, Kuhnemann, Laughlin, Lynn, Peirson, Swepson.

I'll be interested to see what we do with the remaining roster spots, I assume we'll be bringing de Villiers back over if he's keen. We REALLY need to improve our domestic players if we want to go anywhere in the competition.
Hopefully we buy some decent bowlers. Why not someone like Josh Hazelwood

Heat sides are gonna be up against it in both men’s and women’s comps. Mooney and Sammy Jo have left the girls too

Confirmation that Renshaw is gone, our middle order batting is going to need some work now, he was the only thing holding us together after the inevitable Bryant/Lynn/Banton failures 2/3 games.

Why would you let him go?

He doesn't want to keep coming in in the 2nd over at 3/21 or whatever.

The Strikers must be losing someone. Their top
order is stacked!

Last edited:

That's the middle order replacement I guess.

Good pick up.

That’s a really good signing.

Another astute signing. @Sproj @1910 @Mister Wright

Yep great to get him back, love that guy.

Another astute signing. @Sproj @1910 @Mister Wright

Another good signing. Our squad is a little out of balance at the moment. If Pattinson leaves, as reported, we need to go after a strike bowler.

Another good signing. Our squad is a little out of balance at the moment. If Pattinson leaves, as reported, we need to go after a strike bowler.

Yep. I agree, even guys like Steketee are off-contract at the moment, but I assume we'll be retaining him as well.

Our entire roster at the moment is:

Batsmen - Banton, Bryant, Burns, Cooper, Lynn
All-Rounders - Cutting*, Wildermuth
Keepers - Peirson
Bowlers - Kuhnemann, Laughlin, Swepson

* = Rumoured to be heading to the Thunder

I assume we'll be looking to bring AB de Villers back as well, so our batting line-up is pretty much set, barring maybe 1-2 depth signings. We desperately need some good bowlers.

Some notable domestic bowlers that are off-contract currently - W.Agar, Conway, Pattinson, Steketee, Ellis, Mennie, Paris, Nair.

Yep. I agree, even guys like Steketee are off-contract at the moment, but I assume we'll be retaining him as well.

Keepers - Peirson

I assume we'll be looking to bring AB de Villers back as well, so our batting line-up is pretty much set, barring maybe 1-2 depth signings. We desperately need some good bowlers.

Some notable domestic bowlers that are off-contract currently - W.Agar, Conway, Pattinson, Steketee, Ellis, Mennie, Paris, Nair.

The other option is to just load up on spin bowlers and have Wildermuth and Lalor as your pacers.

The Gabba has never been kind (consistently) to Heat pace bowlers.

Keepers - Peirson

Cutting definitely going to the Thunder. Apparently the Heat wanted him to open every game so he bailed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.