BBL|11 Discussion

So...I have NOT missed the Fox commentary team.

Mark Waugh: He's a winner, he sure knows how to win.

So far there have been references to almost everything 70s and 80s which of course, any new fans to watch the game will have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

So...I have NOT missed the Fox commentary team.

Mark Waugh: He's a winner, he sure knows how to win.

So far there have been references to almost everything 70s and 80s which of course, any new fans to watch the game will have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
It reminds me of the trivia on the bottom of beer caps.

which player scored 136 in the 2nd innings of a 1975 test match.

BBL is filled with so many plodders. Need to increase the amount of international players allowed.
It really doesn’t matter because Indian players would never go support another countries product which threatens there owns. England is here in numbers every year. NZ players can’t cause of there own summer and domestic competition obligations. Most of South Africa is shit but they’d have there own Summer as well. Pakistani and Sri Lankan’s could increase in numbers but they still don’t have many worthwhile players. The thing that ***** over the BBL is it is smack bang in the middle of our summer giving no test players the opportunity to play. like look at the plodder team Melbourne chucked out yesterday and the one we are about to chuck out today. Especially with this Australia A’ bullshit. In my opinion that game should have to be played before the BBL season because it just disadvantages teams to much. As for Swepson and Neser getting picked every series and not playing pisses me off so much. If your not going to play them you may as well get some plodder who can field to run drinks instead.

I thought the crowd last night was very average

Years ago that stadium would've been buzzing, unless there are restrictions in place then that was a very concerning attendance

The game itself was probably one of the most one sided games we will see all season

I thought the crowd last night was very average

Years ago that stadium would've been buzzing, unless there are restrictions in place then that was a very concerning attendance

The game itself was probably one of the most one sided games we will see all season
I didn't even know the game was on last night until someone told me about it at work at lunchtime.

Can you blame a crowd for not wanting to turn up and cheer an opening bowling combo of Sam Elliott and Sam Rainbird? It's basically 2-3 internationals + park cricketers.

I didn't even know the game was on last night until someone told me about it at work at lunchtime.

Can you blame a crowd for not wanting to turn up and cheer an opening bowling combo of Sam Elliott and Sam Rainbird? It's basically 2-3 internationals + park cricketers.

It was a Sixers home game and their team is actually quite strong

Even the Stars team would be strong if it weren't for injuries and the like

It was a Sixers home game and their team is actually quite strong

Even the Stars team would be strong if it weren't for injuries and the like
Whenever someone asks me to go to a sporting event, my first question is always 'who are they playing'

3 things a guaranteed in life: death, taxes and Max Bryant being shit at cricket.

Well the world may have changed a lot in the last two years but the Brisbane Heat sure haven't.

New year, same Heat.

This halfwits are a fucking disgrace.

And Chris Green is still the most beautiful man on the planet.

This is just horrible batting awareness we are 8 overs in and we got 3 or 4 more batters who can tee off and Heazlett and Duckett are batting like they need to resurrect the innings. THEY NEED TO SCORE SOME RUNS.

Heat recruitment is just weird. They sign bit part cricketers. Basically relying on Lynn to blast them to a 40-50% win rate

Chris Lynn has to be the most destructive but also the most stupid batter to ever have played the game

The number of times he smokes it straight to a fielder in the ring, it's unbelievable. Ironically, I remember him blowing his chances in the Aussie ODI side doing something similar.. couple of lusty blows and then couldn't think his way through it.

At least they battled hard to 140, although without any of our top line quicks, I don't think we can get them in a position where scoreboard pressure will be a factor, happy to be wrong.

This is just horrible batting awareness we are 8 overs in and we got 3 or 4 more batters who can tee off and Heazlett and Duckett are batting like they need to resurrect the innings. THEY NEED TO SCORE SOME RUNS.

I thought their strategy was fine, no point being 4 for fk all, at least we are still a fighting chance. Just needed one of them to go on and put a few into the stands.

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Maddy
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • ell.d33
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Spoon
  • Rah88
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.