BBL|11 Discussion

Wait til you see the clusterfuck fielding we will come up with. Fielding across the comp is poor but heat seem to take the cake the last few seasons.

Chris Lynn has to be the most destructive but also the most stupid batter to ever have played the game

The number of times he smokes it straight to a fielder in the ring, it's unbelievable. Ironically, I remember him blowing his chances in the Aussie ODI side doing something similar.. couple of lusty blows and then couldn't think his way through it.

At least they battled hard to 140, although without any of our top line quicks, I don't think we can get them in a position where scoreboard pressure will be a factor, happy to be wrong.
His technique couldn’t construct an innings at all it just allows him to hit the shit out of the ball every four games when he see’s the ball like beach balls.

I thought their strategy was fine, no point being 4 for fk all, at least we are still a fighting chance. Just needed one of them to go on and put a few into the stands.
Max Bryant and Chris Lynn are literally power play batters and they scored about 20 runs. They batted like shit. Then Duckett and Heazlett whilst they actually made the runs needed to pull there finger out so that Peirson, Wildermuth and Bazley could be half effective.

Max Bryant and Chris Lynn are literally power play batters and they scored about 20 runs. They batted like shit. Then Duckett and Heazlett whilst they actually made the runs needed to pull there finger out so that Peirson, Wildermuth and Bazley could be half effective.

I agree with you, they did bat like shit.

I thought Duckett and Heazlett did a good job of keeping us in the game, if either of them knocks a few into the stands it's potentially a match winning performance.

Good to see the umpires in this comp are still dogshit.

I agree with you, they did bat like shit.

I thought Duckett and Heazlett did a good job of keeping us in the game, if either of them knocks a few into the stands it's potentially a match winning performance.
The only thing that went there way was runs on the board. It wasn’t at a good strike rate, they didn’t hit them well, they definitely didn’t bat at the right strategy. There was 0 aggression whatsoever and as a result they knocked away a very shaking 40 by tapping the ball away to the boundary for a single or two. That is only acceptable when your coming in at 6 early in the innings and your the last batted before the tail comes through. Poor strategy and poor execution of any attempt at a decent strategy. Should never be getting a score of 140 when a 100 balls are faced by batters and one of your bowlers scores 28 off 18. Far too conservative especially for 3rd and 4th top order batsman who didn’t give there middle to lower order batsman get an opportunity to do anything. So no they didn’t resurrect the innings because there was nothing to resurrect. I appreciate and understand it’s first game back and everyone is a bit shaky but there was not really much effort to go up the gears throughout both Ben and Sam’s innings. So yes quite honestly not a smart approach to bat that slowly with wickets in hand and really not a great bowling attack apart from mujeeb (X and Wildermuth are decent). Never going to defend 140 with that attack.

The only thing that went there way was runs on the board. It wasn’t at a good strike rate, they didn’t hit them well, they definitely didn’t bat at the right strategy. There was 0 aggression whatsoever and as a result they knocked away a very shaking 40 by tapping the ball away to the boundary for a single or two. That is only acceptable when your coming in at 6 early in the innings and your the last batted before the tail comes through. Poor strategy and poor execution of any attempt at a decent strategy. Should never be getting a score of 140 when a 100 balls are faced by batters and one of your bowlers scores 28 off 18. Far too conservative especially for 3rd and 4th top order batsman who didn’t give there middle to lower order batsman get an opportunity to do anything. So no they didn’t resurrect the innings because there was nothing to resurrect. I appreciate and understand it’s first game back and everyone is a bit shaky but there was not really much effort to go up the gears throughout both Ben and Sam’s innings. So yes quite honestly not a smart approach to bat that slowly with wickets in hand and really not a great bowling attack apart from mujeeb (X and Wildermuth are decent). Never going to defend 140 with that attack.

You are saying you'd like to see them 4 down before they start noodling it around for singles? Then what if that guy gets out? in comes the tail?

At least with our 3 and 4 stabilising we have a chance later in the innings be aggressive in the 2 over power surge, it didn't come off tonight but it's definitely the smart play. Thunder bowled well, particularly Sandhu on a pitch that suited him.

We lost tonight but it's only the first game, we're traditionally slow starters and you'd rather have momentum later in the tournament than have it all after 1 game, it's not sustainable. Perth up next, you'd back the Scorchers over in WA but that's the beauty of T20, just need a Chris Lynn special and we can beat anyone.

You are saying you'd like to see them 4 down before they start noodling it around for singles? Then what if that guy gets out? in comes the tail?

At least with our 3 and 4 stabilising we have a chance later in the innings be aggressive in the 2 over power surge, it didn't come off tonight but it's definitely the smart play. Thunder bowled well, particularly Sandhu on a pitch that suited him.

We lost tonight but it's only the first game, we're traditionally slow starters and you'd rather have momentum later in the tournament than have it all after 1 game, it's not sustainable. Perth up next, you'd back the Scorchers over in WA but that's the beauty of T20, just need a Chris Lynn special and we can beat anyone.
I’m not saying I’d like to see them 4 down. Your not understanding at all, there are ways to bat more agressively without throwing your wicket away. We had less than 60 runs after 10 and a good chunk of those overs had fielding restrictions. You do not start protecting an innings the way they played at 2 wickets down with big hitters and bloke who can play that style of cricket far more efficiently yet to come. Your perspective of the approach is that there were no batters left to come. Just because they play a more agressive style doesn’t mean they necessarily get out any earlier or for any less. Peirson, Wildermuth and Bazley are all great T20 batsman that would arguably make our strongest lineup (especially the first 2). They all essentially had to throw there wickets away without getting a look in to try and give us a semi reasonable score. Unacceptable if your 2 previous batters consumed 3/5ths of time at the crease and the score is not a reasonable one. 140 isn’t a reasonable score, it just gives us a bit of dignity. Only way you win is by getting them all out. Look at our bowlers. Never going to happen. Can’t be scoring just above 100 strike rate for a collaborative 72 balls (/12 overs). Whilst I really shouldn’t be promoting the idea of throwing your wicket away I would much rather value that effort in trying to rectify the innings rather than tapping away a very ugly 40 odd and leaving us with little to no chance of winning the game at 140. Only thing I respect about Max Bryant is he doesn’t stick around if it isn’t going his way, he will try and go up the gears. Usually he picks the wrong ball to do it and it is very half assed but would much prefer that than what the other 2 did leaving us no chance to win. You don’t play that style of cricket if your behind the 8 ball from the get go and you have 3 very capable batters left (arguably 3 of our better ones last year) as well as a bowler who is no slouch with the bat in X.

I completely get you I’m not fazed by losing at all especially with the side we dished out. But better approaches and a bit of game awareness of what is an acceptable total and whether you need to get going or not can make our summer a lot more enjoyable if we can see some wins on the board. I get they were both a bit scratchy but a bit more of an effort to have a go with wickets in the shed and a especially slow start would have been nice from 2 blokes with International white ball cricket experience.

looks like another classic brisbane heat park team i guess

Fair catch from Fraser-Chicken last night

No Renshaw for the Strikers? Send him back then - deserved to lose

Man the Heat don't help themselves do they. Bancroft hits it straight up and down and somehow Bazley can't even bother to try catching it.

Come on Christopher. You’ve had some time out there, time to get on and win this one for us

Cooper living very dangerously

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maddy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wild Horse
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • winslow_wong
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.